RD3 Trading suggestions..

Started by HotTiges, April 02, 2014, 09:13:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotTiges

in a bit of a pickle or maybe over thinking things.. here's the side

Mitchell, Enright, Simpson, Suckling, LMacdonald, Langdon (Langford, Cluery)

Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Beams, Tyson, Ellis, Dunsten, Polec (Michie, Templeton)

Leunberger, Sandilands (Currie, King)

Dangerfield, Martin, Roughead, Parker, Caddy, Higgins (Rohan, JKH)

15k left 30 trades

Got a few issues. Rockliff, change of role? change of attitude? Leunberger.. Slow start, Trent West hanging around. Potentially no Mitchell or Enright so could be 1 down, but I expect at least 1 to start. just need some other thoughts or suggestions here lads..cheers

colmullet

i'd pull the pin on Clurey to Georgiou if Clurey isnt named and Georgious keeps his spot, dont think its worth moving Rohan on, he not on field for you and he will make money and has good JS, guess i would sit tight n wait n see what happens with Enright and Mitchell and if they get up then Luey to Mummy looks like a decent correction trade

HotTiges

Quote from: colmullet on April 02, 2014, 09:18:02 PM
i'd pull the pin on Clurey to Georgiou if Clurey isnt named and Georgious keeps his spot, dont think its worth moving Rohan on, he not on field for you and he will make money and has good JS, guess i would sit tight n wait n see what happens with Enright and Mitchell and if they get up then Luey to Mummy looks like a decent correction trade

Yeah, that's one thing about Rohan, I'm not relying on him..was a cash grab call that one. Im not overly convinced about Georgiou but he looks like he'll play at least till Garland gets back.. Both Mitch and Enright should play after this round so if both out this round only need Georgiou starting possibly this round only.Mummy looking essential.. seriously considering him

RaisyDaisy

I feel like you and I are in very similar positions.

We don't have glaring issues, but there is nothing screaming out to us that needs to be done either, and it's hard to figure out what to do this week. Part of me is actually hoping that Teams announced tomorrow will make the decisions easy for me

Garland is listed as available, so lets wait and see how that goes in regards to Georgiou

Judd Magic

I reckon Melbourne will be using Garland up forward personally so Georgiou shouldn't be affected by his inclusion.

Garlands actually played forward with success in the past. I remember last time Melbourne beat Essendon Garland played a great game up forward.

With no Hogan, Dawes and Clark I reckon Garland might actually start forward.

HotTiges

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 02, 2014, 09:57:02 PM
I feel like you and I are in very similar positions.

We don't have glaring issues, but there is nothing screaming out to us that needs to be done either, and it's hard to figure out what to do this week. Part of me is actually hoping that Teams announced tomorrow will make the decisions easy for me

Garland is listed as available, so lets wait and see how that goes in regards to Georgiou

yeah, nothing seems deperate but some reason I feel like I need to trade..Whether its getting Swallow in, or getting Mummy in or something.. I feel this is the week I may need to do something.. saw Garland flowering around on 360.. so must be fine

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: HotTiges on April 02, 2014, 10:02:45 PM
yeah, nothing seems deperate but some reason I feel like I need to trade..Whether its getting Swallow in, or getting Mummy in or something.. I feel this is the week I may need to do something.. saw Garland flowering around on 360.. so must be fine

Feel the exact same way, feel like guys like Swallow, Thomas and Zorko should be picked, but I just don't have any glaring trades to make

Agree with JM actually, I think Georgiou can keep his spot as there have been many more Dees playing much worse than him, but am still curious to see what happens when Garland returns

Samm79

You've enough decent cash cows doing well and the cash cows you don't have, they don't really warrant spending a trade on for mine. Suckling will benefit from Hodge being out and has cash to make.

I like the mummy trade, Luey has rucked solo in the past from memory so the presence of West may impact his scoring, and we haven't seen a fully fit mummy since 2011.

I would give Rocky time, I don't think he will play a hard tag role often, a run with more likely. This didn't work out to bad for someone like Kieren Jack over the past 2 years.

Here is an alternative. It is early days but there is a reasonable chance Swallow will average around that of Enright. If Enright misses this week you could trade Enright to Swallow, make $80K, gain 40 or so points with the aim to pick up Enright in a few weeks once he's bottomed out with the 67 out of his rolling average, maybe for Lmac. That way you get Swallow cheap, Enright cheapish without having to consume a full CC.

Haven't researched this too much with byes etc but I hope this gives you a different angle.

Doggoneit

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 02, 2014, 10:04:46 PM

Feel the exact same way, feel like guys like Swallow, Thomas and Zorko should be picked, but I just don't have any glaring trades to make

Agree with JM actually, I think Georgiou can keep his spot as there have been many more Dees playing much worse than him, but am still curious to see what happens when Garland returns

I am similar also - nothing glaring - and also have both Mitchell and Enright - but most likely cop the rookie scores for one week.

I'm will probably trade to make sure I have the best possible cash cows - history has taught me that if you don't have the right cows then you struggle to upgrade to the required premiums. So for me I need to bring in either Thomas or Tyson.

Sideways trading premiums usually backfires for me but if you have a glaring issue then doing it this round makes sense, especially if your cows are ok. Waiting one more week on your under performing premiums should not cost you too much unless they have really been stinking it up.

HotTiges

Quote from: Doggoneit on April 02, 2014, 11:18:18 PM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 02, 2014, 10:04:46 PM

I am similar also - nothing glaring - and also have both Mitchell and Enright - but most likely cop the rookie scores for one week.

I'm will probably trade to make sure I have the best possible cash cows - history has taught me that if you don't have the right cows then you struggle to upgrade to the required premiums. So for me I need to bring in either Thomas or Tyson.

Sideways trading premiums usually backfires for me but if you have a glaring issue then doing it this round makes sense, especially if your cows are ok. Waiting one more week on your under performing premiums should not cost you too much unless they have really been stinking it up.
Agree with what ya saying.im not a fan of moving on slow starting premos but I was burned last year by Jacobs..held onto him far too long and finished around the 2k overall mark and I reckon not moving him alot earlier cost me a real good spot.Real nervous about Leuy now.2 scores under 90 is a worry.just wish bloody west would piss off..mummy is very tempting after his fast start

HotTiges

Bump

No Michie so im considering Cunningham

HotTiges

Also considering, Rohan to Taylor for a quick cash grab.. no rush to move Michie is there?

HotTiges

rightio.. considering this now..

Michie to Cunningham

and

Rohan to Taylor

frees cash funds from 15k to 123k

Doggoneit

I have Cunningham - happy so far - 60's are ok

been in the system a couple of years, seems to have good JS and can see him getting better

think he will make very nice bench cover

HotTiges

Quote from: Doggoneit on April 03, 2014, 09:45:40 PM
I have Cunningham - happy so far - 60's are ok

been in the system a couple of years, seems to have good JS and can see him getting better

think he will make very nice bench cover

yeah kinda a sideways trade but he looks like he belongs and Sydney aint missing too many plus I think he is over the sub vest.. certainly don't intend to start him