Ranked 330 After Round 2 - Big Decisions Help Needed

Started by bkp130, April 02, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkp130

Thanks for your thoughts on zorko mate. Being in Adelaide i have not seen a Lions game this year.

Like you said lots of opinions. I have a lot to mull over

bowyanger

Quote from: bkp130 on April 02, 2014, 07:53:13 PM
Thanks for your thoughts on zorko mate. Being in Adelaide i have not seen a Lions game this year.

Like you said lots of opinions. I have a lot to mull over

The Lions have played Hawks and Girlong...I can guarantee both those teams could not have given a ring a ding ding about picking up 3rd string players - their focus would be on Redden, Rich & Rockliffe - theyd be happy the difference in talent would get them over the line after trying to stitch them 3 up

The closer games like this weekend with the suns is a different story - the suns will put time into Zorko who lets face it - isnt the quickest bloke going around so finding a defender to match up on him will not be that hard

Will be an interesting game actually to see what happpens with Zorko

Rowan1812

It seems like every man and his dog are picking up zorko this week. He's had 2 good games. You've missed the high scores. It wont continue. Remember westhoff last year. Averaged around the same the first few games, heaps jumped on then started scoring low when other teams manned him up more. Same will happen with Zorko. Im not going near him. Its now a POD to not have him and im happy with that as he'll come crashing back down to earth. He isnt a keeper as he wont be a top 6 scoring forward so why get him?

Doggoneit

I don't get it - you have a backline full of rookies with 2 on the bench who aren't playing and you want to sideways trade a premium - Cotchin - who is every chance to be a top 10 mid.

by my calculations you have about $190k in the bank

Michie to Polec, a straight swap is fine and should net you extra points -  but why don't you use your cash to upgrade one of your back bench players to Jaensch

Bully

Quote from: Rowan1812 on April 02, 2014, 09:11:27 PM
It seems like every man and his dog are picking up zorko this week. He's had 2 good games. You've missed the high scores. It wont continue. Remember westhoff last year. Averaged around the same the first few games, heaps jumped on then started scoring low when other teams manned him up more. Same will happen with Zorko. Im not going near him. Its now a POD to not have him and im happy with that as he'll come crashing back down to earth. He isnt a keeper as he wont be a top 6 scoring forward so why get him?

How can you say that so definitively? In 2012 he scored under 80 just once in 15 games (excluding his sub affected debut). An average of 105+ is entirely plausible if the coach gives him a license to run. We may never see him this cheap again and if he hits 550k, there's every chance he'll remain at this level. It's now or never IMO, depending on this week's selections, I'll be trading him in for Caddy.

Rowan1812

What makes zorko so much better this year than last year? He had 8 scores under 70 last year. Had more midfield time last week due to rockliff out but he's back this week. You don't think coaches will see that he dominated and put more attention on him? If you think that they have played awesome games then you can guarantee that coaches playing against them will see this too and not let them ran rampant. Examples from last year are birchall and hartlett. Everyone got on them after a few good games then coaches realised they need to man them up and then they gave very low scores. Its gonna be the same with zorko.

Dayze

Quote from: Rowan1812 on April 02, 2014, 09:32:57 PM
What makes zorko so much better this year than last year? He had 8 scores under 70 last year. Had more midfield time last week due to rockliff out but he's back this week. You don't think coaches will see that he dominated and put more attention on him? If you think that they have played awesome games then you can guarantee that coaches playing against them will see this too and not let them ran rampant. Examples from last year are birchall and hartlett. Everyone got on them after a few good games then coaches realised they need to man them up and then they gave very low scores. Its gonna be the same with zorko.
A lot of people seem to be judging Zorko without having watched any football these last few weekends.
Last year Zorko was stuck in the forward line. No questions on his scoring ability just on his role.
A new coach clearly rates him playing in the guts. If u watched him play recently he has been very very impressive.
I was sceptical before the season thinking he would go back to his normal forward role but it hasn't happened.

Im getting on. Im convinced he will b a top 6-8 forward. Do u guys seriously think coaches are only just waking up to him now.
As far as him being slow tht seems confusing. seems pretty quick to me.
As far as him being this years westhoff, he isn't a KPF.
As far as him being tagged it is a concern, but Hanley was pretty impressive aswell and u cant tag everyone

Bully

Quote from: Rowan1812 on April 02, 2014, 09:32:57 PM

If he's played in the midfield then his output wil increase, no doubts about that. As for a tag, Rich & Hanley usually cop the heavy attention due to their elite kicking skills, Rockliiff would be next in line. Having watched Zorko's first two matches I can say he looks in ripping form, I don't expect such high scores every week but I do expect him to finish with a 100 point average if he's played as a permanent mid.

You bring up the Birchall & Hartlett examples, but once again they are elite kicks who need to be shut down. On top of that, there's been numerous examples of players showing early signs and then maintaining their keeper status. Last year it was Martin and the year before it was Beams & Sidebottom. Zorko has runs on the board, he's not coached by Vossy anymore and he looks as fit as he's ever been. Gotta go with my gut feeling on this and the tea leaves are telling me to bring him in before his price skyrockets.

tor01doc

Seems people are worried he will become too expensive.

His predicted price rise is easily matched by the top rookies' projected rises, so why not keep premiums and grab best rookies and use their price increase to get Zorko IF he looks likely to keep it up after a few more rounds?

RaisyDaisy

I watched Zorko for a bit on the weekend, and what I noticed immediately is that he looks trimmed down bigtime from last year, and that tells me he is fitter and has built the tank to go longer

Also, cant believe no one has commented on your team! Swallow and then 7 rookies in the back!! Wowzers! Although that Midfield is hella stacked!

Bully

Quote from: tor01doc on April 02, 2014, 10:01:21 PM
Seems people are worried he will become too expensive.

His predicted price rise is easily matched by the top rookies' projected rises, so why not keep premiums and grab best rookies and use their price increase to get Zorko IF he looks likely to keep it up after a few more rounds?

My rookies are fine, but my forward line sucks. I'm loathe to rely on Caddy in the hope he will score more than 100 for the first time in his career. Zorko vs Caddy, to me it's a no-brainer.

_wato

Rockliff seems to be playing much more man on man with the oppositions best mid.. Mitchell and now talks on Ablett.. Tag won't be needed there. Rich and Hanley definitely to be tagged or played man on man.. It won't take long for the oppositions best defender to get onto Zorko and shut him down. He's not overly quick and doesn't have the best foot skills, just finds the footy much like Swan does but to a lesser extent. Everyone saying his price will skyrocket is true for now but it will even out and he will touch $500k soon enough this season. If he still shows form then I'd jump on but I'm not proven yet.

And yes people may say I'm stupid and say he's proven because of his first year but I disagree - was a nobody so lacked attention. He is one of their prime movers past centre so I'm wary.. Will wait and see.

Bully

Quote from: _wato on April 02, 2014, 10:06:34 PM
He's not overly quick and doesn't have the best foot skills, just finds the footy much like Swan does but to a lesser extent.

This is precisely why he's an attractive option, the opposition won't be too fussed because he isn't particularly damaging by foot. From a footballing perspective it is a negative, from a supercoach POV it's a bonus. 

_wato

Quote from: Bully on April 02, 2014, 10:14:31 PM
Quote from: _wato on April 02, 2014, 10:06:34 PM
He's not overly quick and doesn't have the best foot skills, just finds the footy much like Swan does but to a lesser extent.

This is precisely why he's an attractive option, the opposition won't be too fussed because he isn't particularly damaging by foot. From a footballing perspective it is a negative, from a supercoach POV it's a bonus. 

They will be fussed mate, because even if he isn't as damaging he still accumulates and feeds it off to his better efficient handlers. Not many Brissy players accumulate 25+ week in week out consistently.. If Zorko begins to do this he will get tagged, quite hard.

tor01doc

If you are saying he is a crappy kick, then his DE should be low, which means he won't score well in SC, which means no thank you from me.