Ranked 330 After Round 2 - Big Decisions Help Needed

Started by bkp130, April 02, 2014, 07:01:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bkp130

Im off to my best start ever since starting supercoach however i have some big decisions

I think im definatley going to go Michie to Polec purely for the Cash upgrade

The second trade is the biggest one. At this stage im leaning towards Caddy to Zorko however im also considering Cotchin to a different premium as cotchins output has not been the best. I know you are supposed to stick with your keepers however i just don't think it is going to be his year so im not sure if i should use a corrective trade

Thanks in advance for your replies

Free Kick

For overall you need to be aggressive..

Michie to Polec YES.. Get the gun rookie and reap his cash rise for future improvement of your team.

Caddy to Zorko YES.. Zorko looks in form and hungry, I'd expect he will score more than Caddy and you need alot of players scoring well to climb higher than your current ranking.

Lastly KEEP COTCHIN.. He will be a consistent 100 plus scorer each week and you don't just throw that away on a whim.

Good luck with your decisions. 8)

AaronKirk

Cotchin's last 3 games vs the dogs have been 175, 86 and 139. I'd stick with him.

The 2 trades you mentioned are good trades. Stick with them IMO

bkp130

Cheers mate. I agree Cotchin will average 100 however at the end of the season the average between a 100 averaging player and a 115 averaging player at seasons end is a massive difference and im not sure about Zorko being a consistent scorer

Thanks for the advice though i will probably end up mulling it over for a few more days

tor01doc

Spite

Hard to judge without the rest of your team. Michie to Polec seems an obvious choice but may I ask why you didn't have him in the first place?

Goose

Michie - Polec is fine

Caddy - Zorko seems pretty popular. Still not sold on Zorko myself but if you have no other issues i don't see why not.

Keep Cotchin will Average 110+ for the year. Don't wan't to be sideways trading premiums this early after 1 average round.

Angry Dude

Those 15 points every game will add up to a lot by the end of the season. Marc Murphy is back to his best. Get on and make some money!

Rockliff tagged SMitch in round 1 on the HHF. He will go back into the mids when he returns and Zorko will go back to 80's.

bkp130

Thanks for the advice lads its very helpful

In regards to Michie i chose him over polec as a potential POD but it hasnt panned out.

The rest of my team is

Backs-    Swallow, McDonald, Langdon, Georgio, Langford, Kolodjashnji  (Laidler, Clurey)

Middle-   Pendles, Selwood, Watson, Ablett,  Beams, Cotchin, Redden, Dunstan  (Michie, Cunningham)

Rucks-  Sandilands, Hickey (Smith, King)

Fowards-  Martin, Wingard,  Dangerfield, Parker, Caddy, Impey ( Rohan, JKH)

Angry Dude

bkp130

Yeah I know. I mulled over that a lot in the off season however i decided to take the hit for one round for the long term season game. I think the points over the course of the season that they score will mitigate the one bad bye round

Angry Dude

Ditch Cotchin and you'll have one less to worry about.

bkp130

Thats true and another consideration i should probably take in to account

You have actually made my decision harder now haha

bowyanger

You need Polec - no option

Living in QLD im forced to watch Lions games and I can tell you Zorko is getting a free reign at the moment - opposition coaches will start to pick him up more pretty soon Im sure - Id keep Caddy, seems a bit sideways

Keep a cool head...its only rd 2...stick to the fundamentals..

Cotchin IS in the top 5 midfielders in the comp - dont trade premiums

Dont go point chasing with sideways trades.

If your serious about having a tilt at overall you dont want to get to the last 3 rounds and be unable to move....soo many times Ive seen teams drop right out of contention running out of trades in the last few all important weeks - this is the time when the patient, smart coaches make up a lot of ground.

I was in the league of the winner last year and he was out of trades with 2 rounds to go...I think he ended up winning the comp by around 150pts

Im confident Cotchin and Caddy can keep you within striking distance..Caddy will come good - he copped a ripper belt to the head rd 1 remember and he is a CP, tackling bull with quality around him that are more likely to attract the attention of opposition coaches than what the lions have to offer.
Im also confident Zorko will not get the free reign he has at the moment for much longer

totally different to free kicks advice above but this is a forum of opinions

quinny88

If Cotchin is your second biggest concern then you are in one damn good position my friend. Keep Cotchin. He isnt going to just average 100, more likely 110