Lewis Taylor or Steve May??

Started by GCSkiwi, April 02, 2014, 11:33:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GCSkiwi

So, I erroneously started with Bennedy now correctively offloading him.

Will play as F6 shifting Rohan to F7.

May to be honest I've not really heard of other than when Cam Brown clocked him, but maybe it's knocked his scores up??
Taylor on the other hand the lions obviously think a lot of and got 60 odd without the vest which I'd be totally happy with.

Getting May leaves me with only 38k in the kitty but could he be a better scorer than Taylor?
Taylor leaves me with 236k in the kitty for a potential early upgrade (or more likely just save it til byes) but maybe not so high scoring...

Thoughts?

Ricochet

Taylor is probably the safer option mate. He only needs to average much less to make the same or more money.

E-Lemon_ator

Both will play, Taylor will score higher if plays a full game but is also a prime candidate for the green vest (eg Rd 1), however I think Lewis Taylor is the better choice as has DPP status and as a higher potential.

Ricochet

Quote from: E-Lemon_ator on April 02, 2014, 12:01:20 PM
Both will play, Taylor will score higher if plays a full game but is also a prime candidate for the green vest (eg Rd 1), however I think Lewis Taylor is the better choice as has DPP status and as a higher potential.

May has scored 122 in the wet and 98 the week before. Not sure Taylor has the greater scoring potential.
But he doesn't have to at that price

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Ricochet on April 02, 2014, 11:44:48 AM
Taylor is probably the safer option mate. He only needs to average much less to make the same or more money.

I think you're right that Taylor is safer, and agree profit wise I don't see too much difference between them. What I'm thinking is the scores - ie if Taylor can make 100k but posting ~50s while May can make 100k posting ~80s then May puts me in a better position. I just don't know enough to say whether this is realistic - May 17 game average last year of only 58, is he going to crash to earth soon?? Or has he stepped his game up?

GoLions

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 02, 2014, 12:17:49 PM

I think you're right that Taylor is safer, and agree profit wise I don't see too much difference between them. What I'm thinking is the scores - ie if Taylor can make 100k but posting ~50s while May can make 100k posting ~80s then May puts me in a better position. I just don't know enough to say whether this is realistic - May 17 game average last year of only 58, is he going to crash to earth soon?? Or has he stepped his game up?
Also remember the 200k saved by choosing Taylor allows you to make an upgrade somewhere else and therefore increase your scoring output in that area. So if Taylor makes the same amount of cash as May, which is likely, then he's worth it

ADEZ

Yeah I would take Taylor of the two...
Living in Queensland with minimal coverage of other teams let alone Queensland teams I have taken a strong interest in GC.
As for Steven May I thought he would break out this year if Bluey kept him down back which was which was all but certain with Lynch and Dixon coming back in. I have taken particular interest in May since I played for the same club as him when I lived in Darwin and would never forget that booming boot of his. Any GC supporter will agree that while May can do some absolutely brilliant things, he has his fair share of blunders as well. He will be very solid Lake-esque key defender with his love of taking a mark for the next decade but at his price I would stick with Taylor.

Ricochet

Quote from: GoLions16 on April 02, 2014, 12:21:13 PM
Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 02, 2014, 12:17:49 PM

Also remember the 200k saved by choosing Taylor allows you to make an upgrade somewhere else and therefore increase your scoring output in that area. So if Taylor makes the same amount of cash as May, which is likely, then he's worth it
Also Taylor is more likely to average 60-70 than May is to average 80-90

GCSkiwi

You all make good points. Taylor is probably the smarter pick. Cheers all.

Ringo

Just bear in mind that Taylor may be the one to make way for McGuane when he is back in 2/3 weeks but I would still select him. As others have said will give you $100k to use elsewhere as well

GoLions

Quote from: Ringo on April 02, 2014, 12:49:29 PM
Just bear in mind that Taylor may be the one to make way for McGuane when he is back in 2/3 weeks but I would still select him. As others have said will give you $100k to use elsewhere as well
I think one of Close/Lisle/Bewick/Paparone would go to make way for McGuane, Taylor I reckon is pretty safe for now