Round 3 - Suns v Lions Saturday April 5th

Started by Ringo, April 02, 2014, 10:06:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ringo

7th Local Derby (QClash). Gazz has stated that if Suns are to be serious final contenders they need to defeat Lions this week.  Lions will not want to go 0-3 and maintain their supremacy over little brother.

Ricochet

Think GC can win this. Always hard to back up after a tough day in Perth the week before but I'm still backing them in. Gazza will go huge after a quieter game against Crowley

Toga

Big game, one I'm really looking forwards to seeing! Think GC could well get up here, thought they played very well in Round 1 and showed a bit of promise last week. Although Brisbane has also started the season better than I expected!

Should be a close match regardless 8)

GoLions

Honestly think less than a kick will separate the 2 teams here, hopefully Brisbane can walk away with the points. We've been fairly competitive in our first 2 games, just need to eliminate those fade outs late in quarters which has killed us already this year. Rocky to rack up 35+ disposals and kick 2 goals! :D

kilbluff1985

looking forward to this tipping GC with no confidence

Master Q

This should be a cracker of a game. Think the Suns should get over the line, they have looked pretty good this season. GAJ is looking for 3 votes as well.

AaronKirk

I may venture down to Metricon Stadium and have a look at this game. Reckon the Suns in a close one.

Nige

The Q Clash is gonna be a great spectacle for years to come.

Big fan of the Suns, they're going places. They'll win.

Ringo

Do not be surprised if Rocky is given the run with Gazz role similar to the role he had on Mitchell.

nrich102

Driving down to the South East tomorrow to hopefully get to the game :)

quinny88

Suns for me, think this will officially mark the day they passed Brisbane

Ringo

http://www.lions.com.au/news/2014-04-03/rockliff-seeks-redemption

"After an intriguing battle with Hawthorn premiership Captain Sam Mitchell in Round One, there's every chance that Rockliff could find himself matched-up on SUNS superstar Gary Ablett at some stage.

"Gary has been a superstar for a long time and if it is me or someone else, it will be a key match-up that you should embrace."  Rockliff said.

"We will need to nullify his influence on the game but also hurt him the other way as well."

"Anytime you get a match-up like that, you want to perform the role really well for your team."

Think this pretty well confirms Rocky will be given a run with role on Gazza. Lions have now also closed their training session for tomorrow to add further intrigue.

This match is important to both sides and I suspect no more tan 10 points either way with Brisbane prevailing.

Ricochet

Ringo

Bleep copy and paste again full text and my comments now up.

Ricochet

Gold Coast
In: M Warnock, L Russell
Out: C Dixon (adductor), T Sumner

Brisbane Lions
In: T Rockliff
Out: R Bewick