Dale Thomas v Oli Wines

Started by kfewster, April 02, 2014, 12:26:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kfewster

Considering a sideways trade this week,

I still have concerns regarding Dale Thomas's fitness, with Oli Wines seeming to to be going from strength to strength (possibly M8 keeper)

Looking at this possible early correction before Oli jumps in price to much.

Thoughts?

Kain 

quinny88

I assume you already have Daisy then? Keep him

kfewster

Yup I already have Daisy, correct.

Holz

would rather have daisy and 50k than wines, even factoring out the trade.

Daisy is a good player, who if he gets his body right should easily beat wines. He was always going to start slow, he could start putting up 90+ scores.

At least hold off till the byes and turn him into a real premo (like maybee Swan)

kfewster

I don't have any data to back it up yet, but I have a feeling Wines will do what Wingard did for port last year and go on a tear.

The kids a freak and I can see him averaging 105+ for the year.

Southstorm

Problem with Wines is that he's in his second year of football so he becomes a huge risk. We know what scores Daisy is capable of because he's produced them before on a regular basis.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Southstorm on April 02, 2014, 03:06:29 AM
Problem with Wines is that he's in his second year of football so he becomes a huge risk. We know what scores Daisy is capable of because he's produced them before on a regular basis.

Wines was a little different though he was ready made for AFL i know still his second year but yeah i think some cases are different

Dudge

Quote from: Southstorm on April 02, 2014, 03:06:29 AM
''

Half agree about Wines second year blues, but as stated, does'nt seem to be affecting him in his first two games. I know it's a small sample size, just saying,

Daisy has produced big scores in the past, but he had two sound ankles then. Surely that ankle must be a risk as well,

In saying that, i have Daisy and not Ollie, and would'nt burn a trade this early on that one

HotTiges

Wines is a gun and plays in a better team so should score a touch better.Daisy I'm not convinced he is a keeper or can avg 90 plus.. However like everyone else says, probably wouldn't trade Thomas to Wines..although I can see why you would be tempted.. Thomas outscoring Wines easily?? Lol

Ricochet

Keep Daisy mate. You should be looking to upgrading him later to a 110+ keeper not sideways trading him

PICCOLLO

Daisy just starting to rebuild his tank. The guy is pure class and showed grit  last week. Trading a guy who got 90 odd at his price mark? Ridic!

shaker

Quote from: PICCOLLO on April 02, 2014, 11:53:28 AM
Daisy just starting to rebuild his tank. The guy is pure class and showed grit  last week. Trading a guy who got 90 odd at his price mark? Ridic!

Agree liked what I saw last week a big improvement on the previous week can see him improving with every game under his belt

SydneyRox

Quote from: Ricochet on April 02, 2014, 10:34:54 AM
Keep Daisy mate. You should be looking to upgrading him later to a 110+ keeper not sideways trading him

This.

Neither Daisy or Wines are full year keepers (maybe M8) and will need to be upgraded later in the season so sideways now is wasting an extra trade

AaronKirk

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 02, 2014, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 02, 2014, 10:34:54 AM

This.

Neither Daisy or Wines are full year keepers (maybe M8) and will need to be upgraded later in the season so sideways now is wasting an extra trade
+1

Neither will be in the top 12 midfielders by the end of the season. Massive risk to trade Wines in IMO.

Colty

Id go Coniglio ahead of Wines.