Let's talk about JKH

Started by RaisyDaisy, April 01, 2014, 10:09:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

There hasn't been much talk about him, but most of us who have him would have him at F7/8 and I think his a big worry

Being subbed both games, he will be lucky to go up 5-10k, and although the likelihood of ever fielding him is remote, I don't want a rookie taking up a place on my bench who has questionable JS, is a sub risk AND wont make me much cash

Like most of you, I would love to get Swallow, Thomas, Zorko etc and have guys like Mitchell and Enright in my team, but I really think that I have to use one of my trades this week and turn him into Ambrose

Ambrose just needs to play for the next 3-4 games and should make well over 150k, where as at this current rate JKH would be lucky to make 50k, and even that seems a stretch

Is anyone else considering passing on guys like Zorko and Swallow to get rid of him this week instead and cashing in on Ambrose?

Doggoneit

I dont have JHK

I am happy to wait on Zorko and Swallow and pay the extra down the track if they prove 2 weeks is not a flash in the pan.

I am becoming more keen on getting Thomas in - still debating that one.

If your Prems are solid then IMO rookie corrections should be paramount

Ringo

A lot would depend on hour team is structured.  Quite a lot of coaches would have had Hurn so there will be an injury trade there but then what rookie trades do you do. In my case as I have posted have probably 4 options for 1 trade so I more than likely will be trading a non playing rook (Yes I had Honeychurch to fix).  I also have Cluery so you see trades will depend on structure as well.

I would love to do JKH to Ambrose but Honeychurch to Dunstan suits me better atm.

I have had Zorko since Round 1 though.

quinny88

JKH was always gonna be vest bait. Even when he plays a full game I wouldnt expect more than 50's and 60's
The good news is Roos has eluded to changes being made after the flogging they copped on the weekend. JKH has shown enough when coming on and I would expect him to be a player that gets a full crack at it this round

Spite

Quote from: quinny88 on April 01, 2014, 10:58:50 PM
JKH was always gonna be vest bait. Even when he plays a full game I wouldnt expect more than 50's and 60's
The good news is Roos has eluded to changes being made after the flogging they copped on the weekend. JKH has shown enough when coming on and I would expect him to be a player that gets a full crack at it this round

+1

Expecting to see him play a full game this week as well.

quinny88

Quote from: Spite on April 01, 2014, 11:06:41 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on April 01, 2014, 10:58:50 PM

+1

Expecting to see him play a full game this week as well.

Yep, coaches dont usually like to play anyone as sub more than a couple of weeks in a row because they actually start to lose match fitness. As a young player and only 2 quaters of footy in 2 weeks they have to either make the decision to give him a full game or drop him to the VFL for a full game. Would be surprised if he got dropped with very little chance to prove himself yet so definitely expect a full game from him this weekend

MLS

Being a R10 bye player, having a slow-burner there isn't such a bad thing. He only needs 1 decent score every few weeks to reset his BE. Yes he won't go up much in this first price rise, but a full game and a decent score this round will rotate through his 3RM 3 times.

The biggest issue is if you actually have to field him during the bye rounds and he gets a vest

quinny88

Quote from: MLS on April 01, 2014, 11:22:19 PM
Being a R10 bye player, having a slow-burner there isn't such a bad thing. He only needs 1 decent score every few weeks to reset his BE. Yes he won't go up much in this first price rise, but a full game and a decent score this round will rotate through his 3RM 3 times.

The biggest issue is if you actually have to field him during the bye rounds and he gets a vest

Just being able to field 18 players will be good enough for me :P

Doggoneit

Good thing this week is Essendon are the last game so you will know if JHK is vested and can still make the trade to Ambrose if required.

Grufflez

Quote from: Ringo on April 01, 2014, 10:17:49 PM
A lot would depend on hour team is structured.  Quite a lot of coaches would have had Hurn so there will be an injury trade there but then what rookie trades do you do. In my case as I have posted have probably 4 options for 1 trade so I more than likely will be trading a non playing rook (Yes I had Honeychurch to fix).  I also have Cluery so you see trades will depend on structure as well.

I would love to do JKH to Ambrose but Honeychurch to Dunstan suits me better atm.

I have had Zorko since Round 1 though.

You started without Dunstan mate?...not that i know you at all but still quite surprised  ;)