ROHAN update

Started by sammy123, April 01, 2014, 06:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Sabretooth Tigers on April 03, 2014, 12:36:45 AM
:)
Agree with KB. Rohan was the bench cover we thought would play every week and at least get us something in an emergency and hopefully make money as well. I have him and will keep him until it becomes viable to pass him on.   Cheers.    ::)

Expensive player to sit on your bench and score sub 50 scores every week though. Still not sure what im doing with him but cant blame people for bringing Ambrose in instead

Sabretooth Tigers

8)
If all goes according to plan 88 Dixon and Thurlow will be my exchange emergencies for forward and ruck, just have a very hard time remembering the last time anything went according to plan in my life. Cheers mate.     ;)

kilbluff1985

think it's funny people expect Ambrose to average much more then Rohan

SydneyRox

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 03, 2014, 12:52:33 AM

exactly and there is no way ambrose is best 22

kilbluff1985

i mean i'm downgrading Rohan to Taylor regretfully but only because i'm bringing in Swallow for Hansen and Taylor seems to have good JS also

AaronKirk

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 03, 2014, 12:53:33 AM

exactly and there is no way ambrose is best 22

He is until Bellchambers comes back. Will make more cash in the next 4-6 weeks than Rohan.

AaronKirk

They will average similar but Ambrose is 70k cheaper. Worth the trade

kilbluff1985

Quote from: AaronKirk on April 03, 2014, 01:10:54 AM

Trades are worth more then 70k

AaronKirk

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 03, 2014, 01:11:46 AM
Quote from: AaronKirk on April 03, 2014, 01:10:54 AM

Trades are worth more then 70k

True. But it was the best option in my team to generate cash to get a replacement for Hurn.  Still not convinced about Swallow.

crowls

Klibluff   same for me.   Dixon was my ruck coverage and expected 95-100 avg from the bloke.   Two stinkers and now Ryder injured and god knows whether thurlow will get a game and if he does it will only be for a bloody week anyway.
If I had Currie I just nix Dixon for Zorko or Riewoldt now.

On top of that got Rohan and Close on Bench in fwds.    if I had taylor would stick with Rohan for another week or two until honeychurch or SOMEBODY stands up and gets a regular game.   

Rohan ambrose is very short term wasting a trade for couple of extra points.   

ronl

I'm relying on the fact that one, Bomber gave Ambrose a pretty good rap this week and, two, if he holds his form he's in the side tuntil Bellchambers returns which could still be several weeks at least.  In that time Ambrose could realise a stack of money, which would be used for my next forward upgrade, after trading a lacklustre Gunston to, probably, Zorko.   All trades are risky, no matter what the circumstances and which players are concerned.  If they weren't  it wouldn't be much fun to play this game, would it?

Ricochet

Rohan will be fine, as will MIchie and any other rookie your worried about after two rounds. If they are playing and scoring they are still going up in price. They may not be your main cash generators but they are still there and will become important down the track

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Ricochet on April 03, 2014, 10:39:45 AM
Rohan will be fine, as will MIchie and any other rookie your worried about after two rounds. If they are playing and scoring they are still going up in price. They may not be your main cash generators but they are still there and will become important down the track

+1

Also +1 to Keeper and Sydney Rox avout people getting caught up between real and fantasy football. I'm a field hockey player, I play in the halves but in my younger days played rep level as a defensive sweeper. If I did my job well, I should rarely see any ball - the field role is about directing from the back, calling other players into position for intercepts or tackles. Same with footy, some roles could be executed brilliantly and are never going to score well in fantasy, like taggers. A great tagger will never get top fantasy scores. Recently on the afl website thay had a video where players named a whole lot of different things, one of which was hardest person to play against. Crowley got the most voted if I remember rightly. But you won't see him in SC teams... because if he does his job well, he shouldn't see very much ball at all...