Sam Mitchell update

Started by shorty3264, April 01, 2014, 04:11:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Doggoneit on April 01, 2014, 09:12:37 PM
I really need one of Boris or Mitchell to get up - bonus if both do

don't want to waste trades in my backline

fingers crossed

I'm pretty certain at this stage I am keeping both of them. It looks like if they miss this week, they should be back next week, and although it wont help my overall score, and might make my first league games tougher, I think hanging onto them will pay off in the long term

Judd Magic

If Mitchell and Enright don't play its tempting to trade them both out for Hanley and Swallow who are alot younger (less prone to injury) and will most likely score better.

Plus you will make a over $100,000 back.

Doggoneit

yes we know you like wasting your trades Juddy

Judd Magic

Quote from: Doggoneit on April 01, 2014, 09:34:28 PM
yes we know you like wasting your trades Juddy

Just giving another view to things mate.  ;)

If Mitchell and Enright don't play then I have McVeigh as my only backline premium.

Too risky just going in with him and rookies.

Would have no other choice but to trade Mitchell and Enright out to Hanley and Swallow but at least I'd make over $100,000 in the process.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 01, 2014, 09:37:30 PM
Would have no other choice but to trade Mitchell and Enright out to Hanley and Swallow but at least I'd make over $100,000 in the process.

That's the short term result, but burning 2 trades to make 100k total, and lose what. 50-100 points in one round assuming Mitchell and Enright would score that much more combined than the two rookies you field in the first place their? Not worth it for me, I'll take the short term pain for the long term gain

quinny88

All ill say is dont believe anything you read on the AFL's weekly "in the mix" article. I cant speak for other teams but I know when it comes to Richmond they are usually way off with both injury and players that would actually get a game

Doggoneit

Have to agree Quinny

Last week they floated the idea that Fuller would come in for Goodes - sure Goodes was dropped but the Fuller suggestion was laughable

Marstar

Jordan Lewis was on SEN tonight also. Mitchell got through training and if he get's through Thursday should play.

jeesh

Quote from: Judd Magic on April 01, 2014, 09:31:12 PM
If Mitchell and Enright don't play its tempting to trade them both out for Hanley and Swallow who are alot younger (less prone to injury) and will most likely score better.

Plus you will make a over $100,000 back.

I share the same view. I started with Hodge and Mitchell and have traded both out already. They are in the twilight of there careers and Injuries this early in the season spells trouble I think. Think they will both get managed through out the year getting subbed out or rested against weaker teams like Melbourne round 20 first week of SC finals. I don't want any of that.

Jroo

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 01, 2014, 08:47:35 PM
Sounds like funny business. Just earlier today on afl.com they said Mitchell did light training and is likely to miss

At least it's Friday night so we find out
Yeah I've heard this but then I've also heard that he's trained well, so. to sure who to believe.
As you said, you've got to wait and see until Friday.

HotTiges

Quote from: JROO8 on April 02, 2014, 09:27:35 AM
Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 01, 2014, 08:47:35 PM
Sounds like funny business. Just earlier today on afl.com they said Mitchell did light training and is likely to miss

At least it's Friday night so we find out
Yeah I've heard this but then I've also heard that he's trained well, so. to sure who to believe.
As you said, you've got to wait and see until Friday.
He looked good when it showed shots of him training.. Could of been vision from last year haha.Being a late withdrawal to me means he was very very close to playing against Essendon, so you expect him to play this week if he gets through training tomorrow.. They missed his precision passing, especially Roughead did..

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on April 01, 2014, 10:54:29 PM
All ill say is dont believe anything you read on the AFL's weekly "in the mix" article. I cant speak for other teams but I know when it comes to Richmond they are usually way off with both injury and players that would actually get a game
Exactly man. Freo's also just as bad

HotTiges

@TravKing_AFL: Hodge out. Mitchell in if he gets through training. Suspect Spangher in for O'Brien. Stratton, Sewell, Schoenmakers playing for Box Hill.

HotTiges

@HawthornFC: "At this point Sam thinks he'll be right to play" #ClarkoPresser

vtaced

Quote from: HotTiges on April 03, 2014, 11:44:03 AM
@HawthornFC: "At this point Sam thinks he'll be right to play" #ClarkoPresser

This statement doesn't really shout confidence does it? Mitchell to Swallow is really tempting me...also the $130k