Main Menu

Mummy

Started by quinny88, April 01, 2014, 12:34:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Started the season like a house on fire but are people getting a little over excited?

He has rucked against Pyke and Hickey. Not exactly A grade competition. He will dominate again this weekend against Jake Spencer but then some tougher competition against Minson and Jacobs. Ill be waiting to make sure he's the real deal

kilbluff1985

by then he will be to expensive to consider now or never

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 01, 2014, 12:37:06 AM
by then he will be to expensive to consider now or never

I have Goldy as R1 so I will be able to make the switch. Unfortunately will have lost alot of money but really want to see him do it against Minson in particular before im convinced

RaisyDaisy

I think Mummy has the runs on the board, and now he seems fully fit and up and about making him a real attractive pick at his price, and with his history I don't think opposition is much of a problem

Very glad I decided to go el cheapo in the rucks, because the decision you have now is a tough one and one I am glad I don't have to worry about

Tough call mate. Don't worry about Goldy losing value, you picked him as a keeper, but I guess you need to decide if he is a keeper or not now

BlackBomber

I know it was a 2 years ago or so, but when Mummy was fit and firing, he churned out about 7-8 scores above 120, some 150+ in the space of 10 weeks. He finally looks to be over those injury concerns which have dogged him. Get on him now or regret it later.

Anubis

He's beaten 2 nobodys so far.
He won't play every game.
If he has a niggle GWS will rest him and just play Giles with Boyd as back up.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Anubis on April 01, 2014, 02:49:38 AM
He's beaten 2 nobodys so far.
He won't play every game.
If he has a niggle GWS will rest him and just play Giles with Boyd as back up.

Pyke is a nobody? hahaha

Keeper27

i do wanna go Leuey to Mummy, but dunno yet.
yes i do agree that he's fully fit and firing but still iffy.

He's got Spencer, Minnow, Jacobs, Nicholls, Lobbe in the next few games.

Samm79

Pyke is still underrated, last year he was leading contested marks for the comp at the half way mark if I remember correctly.

A fit Mummy in the past has owned most opposition rucks, I remember him owning McEvoy late one season a couple of years ago at ANZ.

He had issues with an injection gone wrong last year which was a one in 10,000. He is more injury/suspension prone than Goldie, but 2 years ago Goldie was average. Mummy also finished last year well and has continued his form into this year.

One has current form, one doesn't. Making that trade now frees up over $100K, which has much more value now than in round 15. If there are not bigger problems in your team it seems like a no brainer now, more contentious in the next couple of rounds as in 2 rounds it will probably cost you money.

quinny88

Quote from: Samm79 on April 01, 2014, 08:27:25 AM
Pyke is still underrated, last year he was leading contested marks for the comp at the half way mark if I remember correctly.

A fit Mummy in the past has owned most opposition rucks, I remember him owning McEvoy late one season a couple of years ago at ANZ.

He had issues with an injection gone wrong last year which was a one in 10,000. He is more injury/suspension prone than Goldie, but 2 years ago Goldie was average. Mummy also finished last year well and has continued his form into this year.

One has current form, one doesn't. Making that trade now frees up over $100K, which has much more value now than in round 15. If there are not bigger problems in your team it seems like a no brainer now, more contentious in the next couple of rounds as in 2 rounds it will probably cost you money.

Hit outs are what make ruckman the real points though. Pyke isnt a great tap ruckman and Hickey is a kid so Mummy was always going to get large hit out numbers against those 2.

Goldie was only average because he was played with Hmac. If Goldy rucks alone I will mark him down for a 110 average every day of the week but the problem is the shoulder injury he suffered in rd 1 opened the door for Currie and now North look set to roll with 2 rucks.

Mummy is the front runner for Goldys position in my team but im still not 100% convinced

eaglesman

I am convinced with mummy and i want him and i want him badly ... i was considering trading mcevoy to him and still am ... he will belt out 150 again this week and mcevoy will go sub 100 against the big sandi man 

but I have troubles in my camp

mitchell and fyfe