Trading Goldstein - am I mad?!

Started by Samm79, March 31, 2014, 10:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Samm79

Thinking of two trades this week, Goldy to Mummy is the first. Not convinced by Goldy and have been waiting for a fully fit Mummy for years (insert joke here). Think he could go 120+ if he stays fit.

It nets me $115K and I think a higher score up to the byes and a more favourable bye. The stinger goldy copped in Rnd 1 concerns me too.

The second is Dixon to Zorko. Don't think I gave enough consideration when selecting Dixon, and I can get out now before being burnt too bad. While he has a favourable draw between now and the bye I am just not that convinced he is premium. Zorko is a premium player, now playing a SC premium role it seems. This also gains me $40K and a better score most weeks.

That aside I could go Lemmens to Tyson, all others seem to be going okish, Rohan the other non performer but not any great options on the radar...

What do people think of these trades?

Blues Blues Blues

I like them. Mummy looks great, and goldy concerns me too with that stinger. Zorkos start to season is too good for me to ignore, so I'm looking to get him in, and I think he is a much better option than Dixon for you.

nperera95

i was thinking of that exact same trade earlier today. Goldy is killing me. Pay top dollar for him and I'm not getting my money's worth.

Dayze

The curse of the top price ruckman strikes again. Its ridiculous.
U don't want Goldy sharing ruck duties we all remember how that went.

HotTiges

He was always going to drop at that price..

scumbag

i always thought Goldstein only scores well when he is the sole ruck, so if currie plays another game i would look to trade. 

Keeper27

Jroo

How about:
Goldy to Zorko (via Dixon moving to rucks)
Lemmens to Tyson

I think Tyson is close to a must have and Dixon won't lose heaps of cash and it gives you another week to asses him.

Samm79

Quote from: JROO8 on April 01, 2014, 10:55:19 AM
How about:
Lemmens to Tyson

I think Tyson is close to a must have and Dixon won't lose heaps of cash and it gives you another week to asses him.

Nice idea. Do you think there is enough upside to Dixon?

The Supercoach

keep goldy, will score crap with currie in team but it wont be too long before currie is out and tarrant should come back in

Jroo

Quote from: Samm79 on April 01, 2014, 11:41:11 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on April 01, 2014, 10:55:19 AM
How about:
Lemmens to Tyson

Nice idea. Do you think there is enough upside to Dixon?
A little but I'm not confident on Dixon, that's why I stayed away.
Any chance you could afford Dixon to Zorko and Lemmens (or another rookie) to Tyson?

fever

how is an experienced sc player asking if he should trade a prem after two rounds? cmon man, yeah you want to get those players that have started the year on fire, but not like this. there will always be times where you've just got to let bargains pass you by, or find alternate ways to get them.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: fever on April 01, 2014, 12:44:09 PM
how is an experienced sc player asking if he should trade a prem after two rounds? cmon man, yeah you want to get those players that have started the year on fire, but not like this. there will always be times where you've just got to let bargains pass you by, or find alternate ways to get them.

I feel like this is excellent advice that could be quoted into so many threads right now. Sometimes you just have to accpet you've missed a boat and remember the long game rather than the short-term gain.

Samm79

This is good, general advice but there are always exceptions to the rule. Past winners have traded out players only to trade them back in later. The circumstances dictate the decision.

Not just Goldies scoring is dictating this consideration. There are numerous, shoulder, Currie, a fit Mummy is a beast, $115K early on is gold.

Zorko proved he can go large in his first year, looks like has a favourable role, was under an injury cloud last year, the jury is out on Dixon being a premium, $40K now.

While I understand your point, I think the circumstances warrant the trades. I will have $200K in the bank to upgrade Higgins/Caddy if one doesn't improve without having to downgrade which is another reason.

quinny88

Quote from: Samm79 on April 01, 2014, 02:11:17 PM

This is good, general advice but there are always exceptions to the rule. Past winners have traded out players only to trade them back in later. The circumstances dictate the decision.

Not just Goldies scoring is dictating this consideration. There are numerous, shoulder, Currie, a fit Mummy is a beast, $115K early on is gold.

Zorko proved he can go large in his first year, looks like has a favourable role, was under an injury cloud last year, the jury is out on Dixon being a premium, $40K now.

While I understand your point, I think the circumstances warrant the trades. I will have $200K in the bank to upgrade Higgins/Caddy if one doesn't improve without having to downgrade which is another reason.

Big +1 to sam!

Saying "dont trade premiums" is narrow minded. I generally agree with that rule but there are circumstances which change that and this is certainly one. If Currie is named again this weekend, Goldy is gone