Should i do these trades purely for making money

Started by david17, March 31, 2014, 09:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david17

whynot102

BigMac_93

Yes do it. I would not be surprised if Michie is omitted this week.

david17

Quote from: BigMac_93 on March 31, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

Just worried on Ambrose job security

fever

Doggoneit

Quote from: fever on March 31, 2014, 10:14:29 PM
wastes of trades

disagree - they are corrective trades that will generate more a lot more cash the the current incumbents.

DaveElNacho

Quote from: BigMac_93 on March 31, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

Why would he be omitted?

fever

rohan->ambrose is probably breakeven in terms of price rises over the season. not to mention JS queries.

thomas will obv score better than michie, but he will need to consistently go large to make more than michie scoring 60-70 per week. sure he's been good and it wouldve been cool to start him, but he has never (to my knowledge) been able to score consistently, so why risk it? what if he cindarellas back to his old non-relevant SC scoring?

plus you then factor in each trade being "worth" roughly 100k. i'd very confidently bet you that come round 15 you'd rather the two trades up your sleeve than the possibly 50-100k extra cash (and that is best case scenario imo).

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
Following those trades you would make more money and score more points. But as pointed out trades are very valuable so I'd put it this way, have a good look at your team and if you think you have 12 to 13 keepers then go for it. If not then hold off. Cheers and all the best of luck mate.    ;D

GCSkiwi

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 28, 2014, 10:32:47 AM
Not sure why people are on Michie's case, he got 61, what were you expecting? Not worth the trade and an extra $80k for Thomas, 10ppg is effectively $50k price difference so you're needing Thomas to average ~16ppg greater than Michie just to break even on their profits. Now, Thomas has done well in 2 games so far and is definitely over that 16ppg limit but also be aware that Michie has a round 10 bye and Thomas is round 8 - you have 2 more rounds to profit off Michie than Thomas. I suspect by that stage the difference between them will be much less than the scores currently indicate - enough so that a trade won't really be worth it.

This was before Michie then got 53 but I still stand by these points. Thomas won't maintain a 120 average and I expect Michie to be able to average 65ish. That means to make the same amount of money Thomas needs to average 80ish. He may well do that, but again Michie has 2 extra rounds taking into account the byes, and this is just the scenario to BREAK EVEN. Which means a trade to bring in Thomas who then ends up making the same amount of money as Michie anyway. For this trade to be worth it you have to back Thomas to average 100 really, i.e. be a keeper M8. I don't see it.

Samm79

Don't like it, not enough worth for 2 trades. If you were freeing up cash doing these trades it is worth considering, but he straight double swap is not worth it. Rohan should improves, as will Michie, the only way is down for Ambrose and Thomas

Keeper27

some of you guys really expect too much from some players.

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 01, 2014, 07:13:46 AMFor this trade to be worth it you have to back Thomas to average 100 really, i.e. be a keeper M8. I don't see it.

you bring in a 250K player and you expect him to be a "keeper" and hold a M8 spot to be "worth it"
preseason many people saw Daisy scoring 90's as a stepping stone, but a 250K Thomas isnt worth it because he isnt a keeper.
LOL, big expectations mate, why cant he be a stepping stone too??

a trade is generally said to be worth 150K, Thomas with a BE of -90, definitely looks to make that 150-200K in only 3 weeks. worth it i say.
Michie only looks to gain 60-70K on his current score avg in the same time frame.

michie + 80K (thomas) + 60K = 310K
Thomas + 150K = 400K

still 90K better off in your kitty.

Thomas gets more game time than michie too, that must count for something.
he's a tackling machine, 18 tackles so far. 5th best tackler so far. tackles = points.
even if he drops to a 90 avg, you can still upgrade quicker to a fallen premo with Thomas than you can with michie.
isnt that the whole point??

NFI Police

As it stands at the moment id say do it...but im just worried about thomas' role once Daniel Jackson comes back into the team

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Keeper27 on April 01, 2014, 07:40:51 AM
some of you guys really expect too much from some players.

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 01, 2014, 07:13:46 AMFor this trade to be worth it you have to back Thomas to average 100 really, i.e. be a keeper M8. I don't see it.

you bring in a 250K player and you expect him to be a "keeper" and hold a M8 spot to be "worth it"
preseason many people saw Daisy scoring 90's as a stepping stone, but a 250K Thomas isnt worth it because he isnt a keeper.
LOL, big expectations mate, why cant he be a stepping stone too??

a trade is generally said to be worth 150K, Thomas with a BE of -90, definitely looks to make that 150-200K in only 3 weeks. worth it i say.
Michie only looks to gain 60-70K on his current score avg in the same time frame.

Thomas + 150K = 400K

still 90K better off in your kitty.

Thomas gets more game time than michie too, that must count for something.
he's a tackling machine, 18 tackles so far. 5th best tackler so far. tackles = points.
even if he drops to a 90 avg, you can still upgrade quicker to a fallen premo with Thomas than you can with michie.
isnt that the whole point??

If you started with Daisy then fine, you wouldn't be trading him in now though would you? Thomas could be a stepping stone, but not a stepping stone that is worth trading in at the expense of Michie. You say I'm expecting too much of players, what about all those who are going to dump Michie already? What was expected of him?

Most people aren't looking to offload players quickly in this mids, I'm banking that my upgrades are going to be over the bye period as that's usually when cash cows top out. And if you read that quote in context, I'm saying that for the trade to be worth it Thomas would need to keep scoring at a level that would effectively make him a keeper, therefore the money becomes irrelevant as you wouldn't trade him out. cost 1 trade to bring him in now plus one trade to boot him out later, as opposed to holding Michie and just 1 trade to boot Michie later on. And sure, if we're talking over the next 3 weeks then Thomas will make more money. But imo that's poor management of your cash cows, as neither will be near max by then.

As for your equation, you're saying a trade is worth $150k right? So:

Thomas + 150K -$150k (trade value) = 250K

still worth it?

Your team, your decision. I think it's ill advised. Just an opinion.

Keeper27

I get what you are saying.  But I was only using 3 weeks as an example.
In the following weeks after Thomas would have taken over Michie in cash generation.
Even if you take out the 150k for the trade.