Buddy or Pavlich > Zorko

Started by Locandro, March 31, 2014, 08:37:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locandro

Would like to know your thoughts on who you think I should trade out, between Buddy and Pavlich to get Zorko in.
Thanks in advance.

Regs81

I would keep both for now, scores will increase. Not sure zorko can back it up again

Bully

I've got Pav and I'm holding, last week was wet so not ideal conditions for a KP forward. He'll come good, he's a proven champ and appears to be in peak condition. As for Buddy, yeah I'd probably do the trade, not convinced Sydney's game plan suits him.

Rowan1812

youve just missed zorkos good scores. Dont chase points. Pav and buddy only have upside and zorko only has downside from here.

jfitty

Would love to hear a few more thoughts on this topic!

Even with Rockliff to come back into the Brisbane team, I feel as though Zorko will get enough midfield time to average 100+, but I'm not sure if it's worth jumping off Buddy or Pavlich to grab him?

Franklin I think/hope will come good. It was always going to take him a while to settle in, and once the Swans start winning games I think we will see some tons. He was on 80-odd at three quarter time against Collingwood, but dropped off as Sydney lost the game. But we know how much he can stink it up if he doesn't turn his form around.

Pavlich has a tough draw coming up, and could possibly be affected by Fyfe and Barlow (apparently) now being out for 2 and 6 weeks respectively. Not to mention at his price he could be a cheap upgrade for someone like Caddy in a few weeks time if his scoring turns around.

Tough decision!

GCSkiwi

Quote from: jfitty on April 01, 2014, 01:37:25 PM
Pavlich has a tough draw coming up, and could possibly be affected by Fyfe and Barlow (apparently) now being out for 2 and 6 weeks respectively. Not to mention at his price he could be a cheap upgrade for someone like Caddy in a few weeks time if his scoring turns around.

Tough decision!
I'm seriously considering this. I know people will tell he that's a wasted trade if I flick out Pav now only to get him back later and I see the logic in that. However Caddy I got as a cash cow, and he's set to increase in price. What was the point if I flick him on before he goes up? Meanwhile Pav I got in the hopes he could return to form after last year but always considered that it may not happen. He has a BE of 102, which is certainly not above him, but he's a KPP in a team that has just lost 2 of it's best midfielders. He will almost certainly go down in price... The "but he's a keeper" argument didn't work out so well for Buddy last year, who's to say Pav doesn't come back up??

Colty

Im doing Walters to Zorko, thoughts?

jfitty

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 01, 2014, 01:58:47 PM

Tough decision!
I'm seriously considering this. I know people will tell he that's a wasted trade if I flick out Pav now only to get him back later and I see the logic in that. However Caddy I got as a cash cow, and he's set to increase in price. What was the point if I flick him on before he goes up? Meanwhile Pav I got in the hopes he could return to form after last year but always considered that it may not happen. He has a BE of 102, which is certainly not above him, but he's a KPP in a team that has just lost 2 of it's best midfielders. He will almost certainly go down in price... The "but he's a keeper" argument didn't work out so well for Buddy last year, who's to say Pav doesn't come back up??

Some very good points!

Pavlich's breakeven the following week (without last week's 80) could be roughly the same, so there's a chance he will be around 420k after a few rounds. If Caddy increases his price around 50-60k in that time and Pav starts to pick up some form, it could be a very cheap upgrade IMO.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: jfitty on April 01, 2014, 02:01:56 PM

Tough decision!

Some very good points!

Pavlich's breakeven the following week (without last week's 80) could be roughly the same, so there's a chance he will be around 420k after a few rounds. If Caddy increases his price around 50-60k in that time and Pav starts to pick up some form, it could be a very cheap upgrade IMO.

Definitely what I'd be hoping for, I'm just gutted I started Pav ahead of Zorko!

Bully

Tough decision!

If Freo have lost Fyfe & Barlow the chances are high the Pav will return to the midfield, in which case his scores won't be subject to the KP blues.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Bully on April 01, 2014, 02:31:40 PM

Tough decision!

If Freo have lost Fyfe & Barlow the chances are high the Pav will return to the midfield, in which case his scores won't be subject to the KP blues.

Good thought. I'll see where he gets named I guess...

enzedder

Buddy could lose 40k this week and Zorko will probably make that and some I guess. If you are going to do it. Now is the week. Commit one one or the other. I'm keeping both Pav and Buddy but if allowed 3 trades this week Buddy would go for Rocky.
Conditions didn't suit R1 and in round 2 he showed glimpses of what he can do but still didn't score well. He was rubbish last year IMO and I had all year. He might go bang soon but he hasn't for a while and dumping him can be justified.
Pav hasn't had perfect conditions to play in either but is doing enough to suggest he isn't going to bleed cash and if he had kicked straight in his first game wouldn't need to posted about as a possible trade out...could even have been spoken as one to get.

Zabs

i have both pav and buddy, and i am going buddy to zorko.

Zorko is a lock for me, looks fit and leppa is giving him midfield time.

Sydney's midfield look unfit, and without them firing the pill down his throat i reckon hill will score badly.

if you wait one more week, there will be 100k difference given zorko is due to increase by 60k and buddy is going to decrease by 47k. therefore by not taking the punt,  you will waste upgrade cash

ronburgndy

It reminds me of a time back in 2007 when Kerr went BANG 225 first game  BANG 151 2nd game had that same decision, I wasn't going too chase points you know, didn't trade him in big mistake haven't forgotten it yet

ronl

Gunston to Zorko or somebody...anybody...this week.  Good riddance.  With that being the case, now's the time to get on Gunston, boys, sure to score 120+ next week.