For all the deep thinkers which long term option

Started by sidvicious, March 31, 2014, 07:00:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sidvicious

Money no concern which of these options will be the best long term . Job security and ability to score VS price potential

jepdog

I like option 2. only concern is Ambroses JS

goodluck

sidvicious

Doggoneit

My thoughts

J Merrett - Priced at 50 pts, BE = -29  . After checking his history from last year he was subbed quite a few times, and when he got full games he was getting around 15 touches a game with a top score of 71. I expect him to increase his output this year although round 1 could be a one-off, I am expecting an average near 75. I think his JS will be good as the 3 rookies are more likely to be dropped than him. If the Dons were at full strength he would be right on edge of best 22 ( they always have 2 or 3 with soft tissues)
Has some value and should increase by a min of $100k

P Ambrose - Priced at 19 pts, BE = -69. Will provide at least 2 decent price rises after his 81 last week. He represents extremely good short term value but I think he will more likely post 50's with the odd higher score. His JS is questionable and while he could be the Crameri replacement that does not guarantee he plays. The Dons have Melksham and probably Winderlich back this week so check the teams when released to see who comes out. Zac Merrett has performed well when on ground after two green vests he might get his chance this week so you also need to see who has the vest.
Excellent short term value and should rise $150k+ if he stays in the team.

M Jaensch - Priced at 56 pts, BE = -51. After being a fringe player last year it looks like he now belongs in the Crows 22. Playing a friendly role across half back means he should consistently pick up good stats - unless he starts to attract the defensive forward. I cant expect him to keep up his current 100 scores each week and an average of 85-90 is more realistic. If he can average 90 then expect a price increase of $150k.
He represents good value and has the potential to be a keeper or a good stepping stone to a premium.

T Langdon - Price at 22 pts, BE = -101. This one of the lowest BE of all players and he represents very good value. His 111 from round 1 will only contribute to one price rise though and I expect he will average close to 70. He has played well in both games proving some run off half back and should hold his place in the team for a few games yet. (my original theory was he would play until Seedsman was back).
One of the best rookie backs and is a must have.
He should rise by $200k+ if he can hold his average at 70.

sidvicious

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 31, 2014, 07:56:08 PM
My thoughts

J Merrett - Priced at 50 pts, BE = -29  . After checking his history from last year he was subbed quite a few times, and when he got full games he was getting around 15 touches a game with a top score of 71. I expect him to increase his output this year although round 1 could be a one-off, I am expecting an average near 75. I think his JS will be good as the 3 rookies are more likely to be dropped than him. If the Dons were at full strength he would be right on edge of best 22 ( they always have 2 or 3 with soft tissues)

P Ambrose - Priced at 19 pts, BE = -69. Will provide at least 2 decent price rises after his 81 last week. He represents extremely good short term value but I think he will more likely post 50's with the odd higher score. His JS is questionable and while he could be the Crameri replacement that does not guarantee he plays. The Dons have Melksham and probably Winderlich back this week so check the teams when released to see who comes out. Zac Merrett has performed well when on ground after two green vests he might get his chance this week so you also need to see who has the vest.

M Jaensch - Priced at 56 pts, BE = -51. After being a fringe player last year it looks like he now belongs in the Crows 22. Playing a friendly role across half back means he should consistently pick up good stats - unless he starts to attract the defensive forward. I cant expect him to keep up his current 100 scores each week and an average of 85-90 is more realistic. If he can average 90 then expect a price increase of $150k.
He represents good value and has the potential to be a keeper or a good stepping stone to a premium.

T Langdon - Price at 22 pts, BE = -101. This one of the lowest BE of all players and he represents very good value. His 111 from round 1 will only contribute to one price rise though and I expect he will average close to 70. He has played well in both games proving some run off half back and should hold his place in the team for a few games yet. (my original theory was he would play until Seedsman was back).
Thankyou a lot of thought put into this reply

jepdog

My thoughts

dont think you can get much better advice then that

Judd Magic

My thoughts

Um, I think you mean Zac Merrett not Jackson Merrett.

Zac Merrett didn't even play last year so how could he get vested? LOL!

Also think you are very wrong with Ambrose. Winderlich and Melksham wont push him out, totally different players to Ambrose.
Ambroses only competition is Bellchambers when he comes back.

Doggoneit

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 31, 2014, 09:07:20 PM
My thoughts

Also think you are very wrong with Ambrose. Winderlich and Melksham wont push him out, totally different players to Ambrose.

No - my write up is on Jackson Merrett - that is the player named in the Poll.

I might be wrong with Ambrose but they are my thoughts. Just because Winderlich is a different type of player does not mean Ambrose want get dropped for him. Laidler was dropped for K Jack last week - K Jack is not a defender and Laidler is not a midfielder.

eski_liddr

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 31, 2014, 09:15:56 PM
My thoughts

I might be wrong with Ambrose but they are my thoughts. Just because Winderlich is a different type of player does not mean Ambrose want get dropped for him. Laidler was dropped for K Jack last week - K Jack is not a defender and Laidler is not a midfielder.

Exact right - Bomber is great at adjusting the line up and the roles of his players - remember his preparing a team that will be able to play multiple positions and his conscious of the interchange cap. 
Jetta, Melksham and Winderlich are all likely in's for the dons and i only see him as a short term option.

Judd Magic

Quote from: eski_liddr on March 31, 2014, 10:19:57 PM
Quote from: Doggoneit on March 31, 2014, 09:15:56 PM
My thoughts

Exact right - Bomber is great at adjusting the line up and the roles of his players - remember his preparing a team that will be able to play multiple positions and his conscious of the interchange cap. 
Jetta, Melksham and Winderlich are all likely in's for the dons and i only see him as a short term option.

Jetta is utter garbage!

Wont be in the Bombers 22 anytime soon.