How long do you hold onto a premium?

Started by Colty, March 31, 2014, 02:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colty

Guys ive got Hurn and Enright, both look to be out for around 2-4 weeks. The question is how long do you hold onto them until you have to give them the chop.
Its a hard decision because early when you have 30 trades up your sleeve I feel as though you can just punt blokes willy nilly but in the middle of the year you look to try and hold on.
I think the feeling that I need to trade these guys is exacerbated by the fact that ill have rookies on the ground.

So what do you guys think is an acceptable time to hold onto these guys? 

fever

Colty

fever

then probably hold both if theyre no more than 2-4.

if i were going to trade it'd be one of then, and it'd be hurn. jis injury history is concerning

shaker

The good thing is they have lost no value , do you have good cover maybe flick whoever is out for the longest

Colty

Quote from: shaker on March 31, 2014, 03:02:26 PM
The good thing is they have lost no value , do you have good cover maybe flick whoever is out for the longest
ive got Langford and Georgiou as cover. I think Hurn is gone and ill keep a hold of Enright.

GCSkiwi

Yeah I would flick one and keep the other, hopefully an accurate update on injury severity later in the week will help matters. Very unlucky with Enright!

Colty

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 31, 2014, 03:39:13 PM
Yeah I would flick one and keep the other, hopefully an accurate update on injury severity later in the week will help matters. Very unlucky with Enright!
haha yep I picked him because of his durability, oh well not much you can do about another player falling across his leg.

E-Lemon_ator

I would get rid of both.
They will both miss games, youd think, As only rd 2 they havent lost any $$.

Get your team right early and that will put you in the best position IMO

Bully

Quote from: E-Lemon_ator on March 31, 2014, 04:52:25 PM
I would get rid of both.
They will both miss games, youd think, As only rd 2 they havent lost any $$.

Get your team right early and that will put you in the best position IMO

This is good advice, there's 2 potential cash cows in Swallow & Jaensch, both these players should provide similar output. At worst you make some quick cash and can bring in Zorko down the track.

fever

bully at the bottom of every one of your posts can you please write:

DISCLAIMER: I AM ABSOLUTELY DESPERATE TO USE TRADES AT EVERY OPPORTUNITY

RaisyDaisy

LOL fever

This is a really tough question, and I always end up keeping my premiums because they are premiums, but maybe I need to learn how to bite the bullet from time to time and make the early trade, even though it's against the grain.

I say this in relation to someone like Pav, because as much as I love the guy, and his price was so cheap, perhaps Freo just don't rely on him so much anymore, and maybe a 80-90avg is all he we actually give this year?

Hurn has to go, will cost cheap as chips later, great for people who don't have him like me, but you have to avoid the price drop if it's more than 2 weeks out which I think it will be. Cant keep him on bench not scoring only to come back and lose a stack of cash when someone else can get you points every week plus rise in cash