WXV Round 3 - Suns, Spetsnaz fight for 3-0

Started by ossie85, March 31, 2014, 07:40:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ossie85

Round 3      AFL Round 3   

Moscow Spetsnaz   v   Mexico City Suns   Luzhniki Stadium   
Berlin Brewers   v   Sao Paulo Pumas   Berlin Olympic Stadium   
Buenos Aires Armadillos   v   Toronto Wolves   Estadio de River   Americas Premiership Match
New York Revolution   v   London Royals   MetLife Stadium, New Jersey   
Beijing Thunder   v   Cape Town Cobras   Beijing Olympic Park   
PNL Reindeers   v   Pacific Islanders   State de France   
Dublin Destroyers   v   Wellington Warriors   Crooke Park   
New Delhi Tigers   v   Seoul Magpies   Tata Stadium   Asian Premiership Match
Tokyo Samurai   v   Cairo Sands   Tokyo Olympic Stadium   

Highlights

Moscow was the only blemish in Mexico City's 2013 H&A season, they would like to rectify that bit of history! Both have started the season 3-0, and if Moscow get over the line here, people will start to take notice.

Berlin and Sao Paulo have both scored 271 points this year. But Berlin has 2 wins, and Sao Paulo 0. This is a crucial match for the Pumas, who wouldn't have dreamed of a 0-3 start, while Berlin have the opportunity to get a big scalp and show they belong in the top 4.

Buenos Aires are looking amazing, while Toronto have problems everywhere except Pendlebury. If Toronto want to make a 3rd final series in a row, they need a big scalp, and this is as good as any.

London will be desperate for a win, while New York will by happy about winning last week. Finals still on the cards for all, and this shapes as an 8 point match.

Beijing might be favourites here! Despite narrowly going to down to the Pacific away, they looked much improved while Cape Town are in dire straights. Can Beijing do it again?

Pacific are so far the surprise of the year and are currently undefeated. The Reindeers will be a stern test though, as they look to enter the top 8 for the first time in its history (I think).

I can't see Wellington putting up much of a fight against Dublin, but stranger things have happened.

Seoul have been solid, and weren't too far off the pace last week (if Danger had scored like his usual self, they would've been close), and they would fancy themselves against the struggling New Delhi.

Cairo were very impressive, and it will be a great effort if Tokyo can win this one.

Jukes

Getting in early, just in case...have a very busy week coming up.

D: H. Shaw, L. Dunn, N. Vlastuin, J. Frawley
M: R. Griffen, J. O'Meara, C. Ward, D. Heppell (cc)
R: N. Naitanui
F: D. Martin (cc), A. Monfries, T. Vickery, S. May
U: J. Thomas, Z. Clarke

Emg (from): J. Hombsch, J. Simpkin, D. Fletcher, D. Ellard, J. Jenkins, C. Sinclair

Sub rule in place btw.

Nige

You've named Dusty as co-captain with no second co-captain?  ???

Jukes

Quote from: NigeyS on March 31, 2014, 11:37:53 AM
You've named Dusty as co-captain with no second co-captain?  ???

Thanks for ruining my secret strategy, damn it :3

Purple 77

Purple 77

So, no Crouch, Steven, Fyfe, Garland, Clark...... I guess Jackson comes in this week

flower me. That's the last thing I needed today

Holz

Purple 77

Master Q

Think we're a good chance to beat the Cobras.

Might get some Prime Time matches this year  :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on March 31, 2014, 05:34:06 PM
So, no Crouch, Steven, Fyfe, Garland, Clark...... I guess Jackson comes in this week

flower me. That's the last thing I needed today
Just can't get any luck early this season Purps :(.

PNL Vs Pacific, you'd imagine we should come away with the win, but you never know with Pacific pulling in a similar score to us last week. Just need our guys to all put in an effort and we can repeat scores like the first week!

And you'd be right I think Ossie. I'm sure if we were in there, it'd be early in a season via luck :P.

CrowsFan

Starting to doubt my ability as a coach. This season is not going well for me so far and can't work out how to fix it.. :-\

On the bright side... last time I started doubting the team was during the finals last year where I pulled off the move that should have resulted in me being named "coach of the year" immediately. Namely dropping Ablett as captain, which resulted in me winning a match I would have lost if Ablett had remained captain, and that propelled me on to premiership glory! Big changes may occur this week and big names may be dropped for some younger players showing form. Hoping to be able to field a defense this week is really the main thing though...

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Honey Badger on March 31, 2014, 09:14:16 PM
Starting to doubt my ability as a coach. This season is not going well for me so far and can't work out how to fix it.. :-\
Quote from: ossie85 on March 31, 2014, 07:40:33 AM
The Reindeers will be a stern test though, as they look to enter the top 8 for the first time in its history (I think).

I think you're alright compared to me CF :P. I swear if I don't make the 8 this season, I'll resign :(. More reason for people to go for PNL :P.

Master Q

Don't let CF fool you, he's trying to make the Pumas look bad, and when they win the flag we'll all label it as a massive turn around  :P

Nige

Quote from: Master Q on March 31, 2014, 09:24:01 PM
Don't let CF fool you, he's trying to make the Pumas look bad, and when they win the flag we'll all label it as a massive turn around  :P