M.Thomas vs Tyson

Started by roti, March 30, 2014, 11:36:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

Looking too bring one of these two in for Michie as I have the cash and don't really have to make another trade and really haven't been impressed by Michie at all.

Thomas is flying and we really only need another 6 games from him doing what he's doing now before he makes getting pendles in a much easier job (oh why didn't I start you). That said not sure what Jackson coming in means for his role, will keep his spot no doubt, but is playing the role which saw Jackson win Richmond's BnF last season, the way he is going he can certainly maintain a 105+ average for the time being though.

Tyson I see as a bit less risk less reward type pick, think he is pretty safe for a 95+ average, but don't think he will bust out 120s and such like Thomas is, he is having 30+ possession games for 105 points, so not sure he can go much higher.

Classic risk vs reward I guess, going Thomas for now. 

kfewster

I think people are hyping up M.Thomas a little too much at the moment.

Kudos to him he has played well these first two games, but lets remember its a race not a sprint.

Tyson's JS is a lock and I think he might even be able to hold down M8 for the rest of the year (lets not forget he was a top 3 pick by GWS for a reason).

jeesh

I'm going with Tyson. The fact he tonned up in a match where they got absolutely smashed sealed the deal for me + the 40k you save going Tyson could come in handy on a rainy day.

Bully

Quote from: kfewster on March 30, 2014, 11:50:58 PM
I think people are hyping up M.Thomas a little too much at the moment.

Kudos to him he has played well these first two games, but lets remember its a race not a sprint.

Tyson's JS is a lock and I think he might even be able to hold down M8 for the rest of the year (lets not forget he was a top 3 pick by GWS for a reason).

I keep reminding people that Thomas has excellent job security, he's effectively Tuck's replacement so the only pressure will be from Miles who is still rookie listed. As for form, I hope he keeps it up, he's usually been a 5 kick, 15 handball type of player but something feels different this time around. I reckon being delisted has given him the kick up the backisde he's needed. He also walked away with a Magarey medal last year so the form is there.

H1bb3i2d

Tyson's bye has it for me, even if he were to lose a few points to Thomas, he plays round 8, hence he'll make the lost points up, he's 40k cheaper and has an extra week to make money as well. (So youre right, definately less risk, but imo just as much reward). That's if trading to Pendles after his bye is the plan!

vtaced

Tyson's price will sky rocket and looks like one of Melbourne best midfielder. Definitely need to get him this week.

shaker

Don't think these two are going to keep scoring the same all year but think Tyson would be the better choice

Jroo

BigMac_93

Tyson for me. Has proven he can rack up 30 or so possessions even when the Dees get smashed.

Am also not sure what role M Thomas will play when Jackson comes back which should be this week.

Tyson is cheaper too.