M. Jaensch - Adv needed

Started by 4820, March 30, 2014, 11:31:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I am cosidering bringing this bloke in, he is averaging 109,
Haven't seen him play this season, what position / role is playing, is someone likely to come back into the team and push him out
have had a look at the AFL Prospectus, sub 3 times last year, only played 11 games.
Is he likely to keep scoring well, worth the risk ? Only $298,100, didn't even consider him pre season.
Thanks for the adv in advance guys...     

roti

His role is about as Fantasy relevant as you could get, plays loose behind play and they look to use him at every opportunity. Crows fans don't seem to rate him at all though from what i've seen so not sure about his JS

Thanks roti, hopefully a few Adelaide supporters can provide some insight  ;)
He sounds like he could be a handy pickup 

newfreofan

Get on my boy Jaensch. Been watching him for years and this is his breakout. Very happy I started the season with him.

Quote from: newfreofan on March 31, 2014, 12:10:06 AM
Get on my boy Jaensch. Been watching him for years and this is his breakout. Very happy I started the season with him.

newfreofan -
what role is he playing this year ?
Likely to hold his spot in the side ?

Jroo

He's playing a similar role to Ricky Henderson, which is great for fantasy, as he'll rack up a bit of the ball + take marks.
He's a better option than Suckling.

Ricochet

If Hurn is out for 3+ weeks then Jaensch will come straight in. Has always had the scoring potential but struggled with JS

eaglesman

I am on :/

Building the war chest

Ricochet

Keeper27

Quote from: newfreofan on March 31, 2014, 12:10:06 AM
Get on my boy Jaensch

traded him in for Webster. quality move i say.

Quote from: Ricochet on March 31, 2014, 02:47:57 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 31, 2014, 02:32:09 PM
I am on :/

Building the war chest
Up to 420k now :-X

$351K now. next week i'll fix me fwds (wright/caddy/higgins), rucks ok, DEF is ok.

eaglesman

im at 300k

and old mate higgins looks the likely player to be going up next week

Keeper27

Quote from: eaglesman on March 31, 2014, 02:58:42 PM
and old mate higgins looks the likely player to be going up next week

yeah same, he's doing his job but thats it, oh and Wright.
thinking about Dalhaus/Darling/chappy.

Is anyone worried about Rory Laird possibly returning to the side???? listed on injury list as adductor "test"  :-\

tbagrocks

Quote from: 4820 on March 31, 2014, 03:59:24 PM
Is anyone worried about Rory Laird possibly returning to the side???? listed on injury list as adductor "test"  :-\
Won't be long before Lairdy is back in but, not at Jaenschy's expense I don't think

Two players had real big pre-seasons. Matty Wright and Matthew Jaensch, the biggest thing for Jaenschy and what has kept him out of the side is his defensive pressure, this has lifted ;D

BTW yes I have Jaenschy in

batt

The dreaded round 8 bye could prevent a few (including myself) from bringing him in.