Rohan > Ambrose and Mitchie > M.Thomas? Worth 2 trades?

Started by hogan2014, March 30, 2014, 11:23:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hogan2014

Not really in need to trade. But its the start of the season and sometimes you just have to set up your side best.
This turns Mitchie from bench player to M.Thomas who will jump massively very quickly thus can upgrade the midfield earlier. Need some cash so Rohan to Ambrose is needed. Ambrose to make good coin too if he can stay in side which im not sure about.
Thoughts?

BLBBLB

thinking exact same trade. burning two trades will hurt, but coin made is very good for upgrades. not sure Matty Thomas can maintain but he looks hungry and if he keeps tackling he keeps scoring. have been slightly disappointed with Rohan. Yes we all thought he wouldnt be the biggest scorer but getting vested now compounds that even more...

Swoozie

Quote from: hogan2014 on March 30, 2014, 11:23:51 PM
Ambrose to make good coin too if he can stay in side which im not sure about.
Thoughts?
Essendon fan here, so I'll try to give an unbiased opinion. At the moment his JS is pretty decent.
With us offloading Crameri/Gumbleton in the offseason he has picked up the 3rd tall role.
Add to that Bellchambers being out until the bye rounds and Ryder probably missing a few, he has a pretty solid JS.
Played well the first round but didn't hit the scoreboard, had a poor first half Friday, but hit the scoreboard in the second half.
I'd definitely go for it.

I don't think Mitchie to Thomas is worth the trade mainly because of Thomas's bye round meaning you won't have as many weeks to make money on him before you would be looking at trading him up to a premium.

Belegur

I was considered both of these trades earlier in the weeked, in particular michie >thomas.

Really want to get thomas into my team but I have tyson, polec, ellis starting so would have to move one of them to the bench which is a waste. Given that im going to stick with michie.

For rohan I have him on the bench so im not worried about the low scoring and think he'll put a few games together eventually to increase, but if I was forced to have him on field I might go to ambrose.

As above bye structure is probably on the side of not trading out melbourne and sydney players

Keeper27

i personally dont see the point in those trades.
Michie is doing fine, he doesnt get the vest, same with Rohan.
sure their scores could be better, but c'mon JS is a must and i rate Rohans JS over ambrose.

Thomas is ok, but why sacrifice a mid rookie who is playing and scoring for a guy who could be a flash in the pan.

vtaced

I don't know about Ambrose. I'm an Essendon supporter and Thompson said they were going to sub him before he went to go and kick three goals.  He looks good, but not sure about JS with a few players only a couple of weeks away (Dempsey and Winderlich)

shaker

hogan2014

Quote from: vtaced on March 31, 2014, 09:23:28 AM
I don't know about Ambrose. I'm an Essendon supporter and Thompson said they were going to sub him before he went to go and kick three goals.  He looks good, but not sure about JS with a few players only a couple of weeks away (Dempsey and Winderlich)
This pretty much puts the nail in the coffin for me. I think i'll save the trades now, as I can't trust M.Thomas to deliver either (besides cash).