Opinions Needed

Started by RaisyDaisy, March 30, 2014, 10:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Hi All,

I haven't used a trade so far, but now that two rounds have passed its time to use a few correctional trades

I feel like I have nailed my rookie selections, picking the right ones from the get go and avoiding the spuds, but I think this team looks good paper, but it's not performing well

This is my team - What trades do I make this week?

DEF: Mitchell, Hibberd, Simpson, Enright, Suckling, Langdon (LMac, Langford)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Libba, Beams. Tyson, Polec, Dunstan, Ellis (Michie, Taylor)

RUC: Hickey, Sandi (Currie, King)

FWD: Danger, Dusty, Titch, Pav, Caddy, Higgins (Impey, JKH)

Now I need to wait and see what is happening with Mitchell and Enright, but at this stage I feel like both of them if injured, and Pav and Michie are my main concerns

The trades I am thinking off at this stage are

Mitchell or Enright (If out for a few weeks) to Swallow, then do I do Michie to Thomas or Pav to Zorko?

Obviously I need to wait and see how Mitchell and Enright pull up, but besides one of them to Swallow, Michie to Polec, or Pav to Zorko, do you see anything else I need to do? And what is more of a must? Michie to Thomas or Pav to Zorko?

Cheers

Bully

Enright & Mitchell are still chances to play next week so hold I reckon, it will probably only be a week on the sidelines. Therefore do the other trades, Michie to Thomas is a no-brainer and Zorko looks to be on fire at the moment.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2014, 10:56:50 PM
Enright & Mitchell are still chances to play next week so hold I reckon, it will probably only be a week on the sidelines. Therefore do the other trades, Michie to Thomas is a no-brainer and Zorko looks to be on fire at the moment.

I should add that I only have 17.5k, so I can sideways Pav to Zorko, but I cant do Michie to Thomas unless I do Mitchell/Enright to Swallow

I guess  I will need to just sit tight and wait and see what happens with those two

quinny88

Michie is fine. He's getting games which is all he needs to do while sitting on the pine.
If either of Enright or Mitchell are going to be gone for an extended period I would trade to Swallow
Pav to Zorko is also looking very tempting and something im considering

Bully

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 30, 2014, 10:59:27 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2014, 10:56:50 PM

I should add that I only have 17.5k, so I can sideways Pav to Zorko, but I cant do Michie to Thomas unless I do Mitchell/Enright to Swallow

I guess  I will need to just sit tight and wait and see what happens with those two

I'm also thinking about ditching Pav for Zorko but I have so many other issues to worry about. Hurn must be moved on, no point holding him for 2-3 weeks.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: quinny88 on March 30, 2014, 11:05:51 PM
Michie is fine. He's getting games which is all he needs to do while sitting on the pine.
If either of Enright or Mitchell are going to be gone for an extended period I would trade to Swallow
Pav to Zorko is also looking very tempting and something im considering

Yeah I think Michie is the least of my concerns as his on the bench anyway, but missing out Thomas means I miss out on his coin generation

Pav to Zorko is almost a lock for me, Pav just doesn't seem to be having much of a say on games like he used to and I cant see him punching out tons unless he kicks a bag, so Pav to Zorko is looking good, but I will wait and see what happens with Mitchell and Boris first

frenzy

we are all suffering with SC Dramas, I got mitchell hurn and enright.

Don't want to be the bearer of bad news, but remember Dusty Martin also got booked on the weekend, so your gunna need coverage for him should he get rubbed out. Not saying I think he'll get a week, but stranger things have happened.

tor01doc

I think priorities are getting keepers rather than a few extra dollars with these trades.

You have good rookies so hold them.

I would Pav to Zorko and whichever defender doesn't pull up to Swallow.

Enright will lose more I think with his injury and half game and I prefer Mitchell anyway so Boris Outski.

AaronKirk

Quote from: tor01doc on March 31, 2014, 12:28:46 AM
I think priorities are getting keepers rather than a few extra dollars with these trades.

You have good rookies so hold them.

I would Pav to Zorko and whichever defender doesn't pull up to Swallow.

Enright will lose more I think with his injury and half game and I prefer Mitchell anyway so Boris Outski.

Agree with what doc has said.

Just have to wait to see if the miss matches.

RaisyDaisy

So I've just done a little research into cash cows, predictions etc, and looking at my team, and which players I don't have that interest me I have come up with the following

DEF: Swallow and Georgiou
MID: Thomas
FWD: Zorko and Ambrose

These are the only 5 players on my radar. Georgiou and Ambrose, because both will make fat stacks over the next month being 102k players, while Swallow and Zorko are two premiums I want. As tempting as Thomas is, I think he will be a pass for me because of the issues I have with injured defenders

The news on Enright and Mitchell will make my decisions for me. Cash Generation vs Scoring? Always a tough call early in the season

EDIT: I should also add, seeing as Thomas looks out of reach for me, that means I am likely keeping Michie for a bit longer, and seeing as he is safe for now Suckling and JKH concern me. I really wish I could use my trades elsewhere this week, but I really think JKH to Ambrose is nearly a must. With JKH being sub both games he is going to take an eternity to make money

As for Suckling, he is scoring as I expected and it was more his JS that interested me, but seeing as it seems more def rookies have decent JS I could turn him into Georgiou?

As mentioned I will wait and see on injured defenders, but thoughts on all of this?

T Dog

Hey RD...Team and strategy look good.
Only suggestion is have a plan b for Michie..Roos talking about big changes to the dees side this week. Perhaps Michie out, Langdon to mid, get Georgio if named?
As for Enright and Mitchell....who knows..they both may be out for some weeks.. >:(
Like the Zork idea as Pav may continue to leak cash and the Zork increase in value. If you dont pull the trigger there quickly you may get priced out of the trade. :-\
8)

ben_020285

I would probably go Enright or Mitchell (if out this week) to Swallow and then Michie to M Thomas.

You picked Pav as a keeper and he has started slowly but we all know what he is capable of. As a rule, never sideways players that you have picked to be keepers unless injured.

Fid

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 01, 2014, 09:32:07 AM
I would probably go Enright or Mitchell (if out this week) to Swallow and then Michie to M Thomas.

You picked Pav as a keeper and he has started slowly but we all know what he is capable of. As a rule, never sideways players that you have picked to be keepers unless injured.

Agreed.

Pav will get better, the conditions last week wouldn't have helped his scoring

RaisyDaisy

Thanks for the input guys  :)

Just read on afl.com that Mitchell is likely to miss this week, and I assume Enright will be too so I will have to trade out Enright if that's the case, just cant carry both of them this early with 30 trades in the bank

What are your thoughts on the JKH to Ambrose trade? I just feel like it's really important now because JKH is going to be a slow burn and make me bugger all cash

If both Mitchell and Enright miss, then I have to trade Enright to Swallow. That's a forced move. I guess the other trade could be Michie to Thomas, JKH to Ambrose or Pav to Zorko

It's not that I don't want to keep Pav, I do, its more that I don't want to miss out on Zorko at such a cheap price

Enright to Georgiou and Michie to Zorko would take some stones LOL

GCSkiwi

In the interest of full disclosure: I'm a relatively beginner coach but I'm a half decent mathematician so I like to think I picked this up pretty quickly. Got hammered in my office league in my first year in Oz, then took it out the next 2 years, finishing with respectable but not amazing overall results. After all, this is not a game of sports, it's a game of economics and risk.

So, with that said, why is there so much interest for Matt Thomas at the expense of Viv Michie? I've just hashed this out with Keeper in another thread and think we just agree to disagree BUT it seems to me to be a total waste of a trade... Let's make a scenario: say a downgrade trade nets you 150k, and you go for an eventual keeper priced 550k.

A) Thomas will make a quickfire ~200k sure. But he requires 80k investment to start with, and in a few weeks his rolling average is very quickly up at the 100 mark that his scores are. He'll go up quick and then more than likely come down. This may well enable you an early upgrade, say around round 6-7. Thomas will not be a straight swap, do not bank on that. So 1 trade + 80k to go Michie to $450k Thomas, 1 trade to downgrade for $150k, 1 trade to bring in Mr. 550k keeper, net balance 3 trades down and -30k from your current balance for rookie to keeper. A keeper who will then have a bye out in the next few games.

B) Michie on the other hand Will not go up to the heights of Thomas - I'm not trying to say that he will. Maybe, just maybe he'll get up to the 300k mark. But he'll play through the round 8 and 9 bye, he saves you 80k now, and then following a downgrade again could get you the same player AFTER they have a bye. So 2 downgrade trades = $300k, 1 trade Michie to keeper, net balance 3 trades and +$50k to your current balance for rookie to keeper without the lost points of the bye round.

Assume those lost points in the bye round in (A) are made up by the difference between Michie and Thomas' scores over the 3-4 hypothetical rounds you have Thomas. You're $80k better off keeping Michie, ie the price of upgrading Michie now. All else balances out.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 01, 2014, 12:10:24 PM

If both Mitchell and Enright miss, then I have to trade Enright to Swallow. That's a forced move. I guess the other trade could be Michie to Thomas, JKH to Ambrose or Pav to Zorko

It's not that I don't want to keep Pav, I do, its more that I don't want to miss out on Zorko at such a cheap price

Hurn to Swallow will be one of my trades this week. I too am considering Pav to Zorko but I also want to keep Pav as I feel he can definitely do better. And his BE is just over 100, not an impossible feat for Pav. I have rookies to fix too. But yes getting Zorko cheap seems like a win. Can he keep it up though?? I would say Enright to Swallow and JKH to Ambrose are probably your smartest trades.