Main Menu

Caddy

Started by quinny88, March 30, 2014, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

billnats

Well I wanted to definitely do Caddy to Zorks, as I am gonna jump off the wagon. Was happy to hold on to Suckling for awhile longer anyway.

Colty

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Quote from: Colty on March 31, 2014, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2014, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 31, 2014, 02:47:10 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2014, 02:36:10 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 31, 2014, 02:32:46 PM
I have faith he will come good lads

Have the war chest ready to up him though

Caddy has scored 100 once in his career, this trend looks set to continue.
He's only in his fourth year. People picked him because we expect him to breakout, not on what he has done in the past.

if it's coming down to Zorko vs Caddy I think I'll go with the proven performer. I'll give him one more week but anything short of a 90 then it's sayonara.
Id punt him now to save yourself the cash

I can't, I have Enright & Hurn, both need to be moved on this week. With Mitchell doubtful there's no way I'm taking any risks down back. Zorko will increase by 50k, Caddy by 20k, I'll just have to take the 30k hit.

As for being a proven performer, he has plenty of runs on the board and is a proven premo when given time on the ball. Leppa isn't Voss, I'm pretty sure he recognises a winner when he sees one. Zorko looks to be in ripping form at the moment.
Mate im in exactly the same boat, got both Hurn and Enright. Im holing onto Enright and putting Georgiou on the field for a the 2 weeks he is out but trading Hurn for Swallow and Caddy for the Zorko. I figure that if Zorko keeps it up he will make up for the stinking points from the rookie backs.

Bully

Quote from: Colty on March 31, 2014, 04:16:10 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2014, 03:17:23 PM
Quote from: Colty on March 31, 2014, 03:08:29 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2014, 03:05:15 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 31, 2014, 02:47:10 PM
Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2014, 02:36:10 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on March 31, 2014, 02:32:46 PM
I have faith he will come good lads

Have the war chest ready to up him though

Caddy has scored 100 once in his career, this trend looks set to continue.
He's only in his fourth year. People picked him because we expect him to breakout, not on what he has done in the past.

if it's coming down to Zorko vs Caddy I think I'll go with the proven performer. I'll give him one more week but anything short of a 90 then it's sayonara.
Id punt him now to save yourself the cash

I can't, I have Enright & Hurn, both need to be moved on this week. With Mitchell doubtful there's no way I'm taking any risks down back. Zorko will increase by 50k, Caddy by 20k, I'll just have to take the 30k hit.

As for being a proven performer, he has plenty of runs on the board and is a proven premo when given time on the ball. Leppa isn't Voss, I'm pretty sure he recognises a winner when he sees one. Zorko looks to be in ripping form at the moment.
Mate im in exactly the same boat, got both Hurn and Enright. Im holing onto Enright and putting Georgiou on the field for a the 2 weeks he is out but trading Hurn for Swallow and Caddy for the Zorko. I figure that if Zorko keeps it up he will make up for the stinking points from the rookie backs.

As a move I think it's got credibility, I'm addressing the backline first, Hurn to Swallow, Enright to Jaensch. I just didn't like Chris Scott's sombre tone when talking about Enright and I figure I'll use this opportunity to build up the bank. Next week Zorko comes in, possibly for Caddy but I will also have the funds to upgrade Rohan.

MC

Can't believe some of the comments and reactions on this post...

If a guy who is scoring 15+ points more than he is priced at is your biggest concern, then you shouldn't be posting here at all; you should be planning how you'll spend your 50k.

What a joke.  ::)

Bully

Quote from: MC on March 31, 2014, 05:12:07 PM

If a guy who is scoring 15+ points more than he is priced at is your biggest concern, then you shouldn't be posting here at all; you should be planning how you'll spend your 50k.

Very simplistic way of looking at things, Caddy will make money but so will Zorko, then there's the points differential and the fact that Caddy is unlikely to be a keeper. I won't be pulling the trigger this week but another 70 and he faces the chop. Scores in this region are for rookies not mid pricers.

Rusty00

He seems to be at the bottom of every pack and has first hands on the ball a lot, but not translating into possessions/points at the moment.

The role he is playing is what we want though so hopefully the points will come.

juzztheball

This! Its just a heap of kneejerk reactions to a bloke whos played exceptionally well for 2 weeks and a bloke whos been below what we expected but far from bad.

Now everyone's going to have to put up with the whinging if zorko doesnt fire next week and caddy does.

Bully

Quote from: juzztheball on March 31, 2014, 06:17:18 PM

This! Its just a heap of kneejerk reactions to a bloke whos played exceptionally well for 2 weeks and a bloke whos been below what we expected but far from bad.

Now everyone's going to have to put up with the whinging if zorko doesnt fire next week and caddy does.

And if Zorko fires & Caddy scores another 70? I know who my money's on.

timtim

BE of 29 and projected to make $15k this week.

Not sure about you other guys but I have waaay more pressing issues.

colmullet

if he was my biggest problem i would be quiet and smiling at all the carnage i have missed

NoButYeah

He copped a roundhouse to the face last week and still scod 81. Yerterday he scored 71 in a wet scrappy game... I'm quite happy to leave him at F5 for now.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Bully on March 31, 2014, 05:18:30 PM
Scores in this region are for rookies not mid pricers.

Disagree in this case. I picked him because it was a combination of believing he could score 70+ each week, make enough cash so it will be a piece of p1ss to upgrade him, and his JS is unquestionable. That's what I spent 325k on. No rookie could give me that

HotTiges

He's my F5 and I'm happy.. If I had him F4 with Rohan F6 I'd be worried

GM

He is delivering what we picked him for.
He could exceed expectations tbh.
After 2 rounds why would you even contemplate?

RoughRed

Quote from: HotTiges on March 31, 2014, 07:15:49 PM
He's my F5 and I'm happy.. If I had him F4 with Rohan F6 I'd be worried
+1 ... he has JS and is scoring solidly  :)
IMO there is lots more upside to Caddy ...  ;)