After RD 2 trades

Started by Samsturmfels, March 30, 2014, 12:36:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfitty

Looking at Pavlich or Buddy for Zorko (most likely Pav).

Not sure on the other trade yet!

Bully

Mitchell, Enright & Hodge all go down in the same week. The backline carnage continues from last year, it makes me want to smash something.

Maggie May

Okay I have four problem players/positions that I think I need trading either from correction/injury.

*Mitchell/Hodge - both look like will miss this week this week, potentially a few weeks given one has a calf the other a groin, two injuries that can drag on. I could trade one of them to Swallow (who is becoming hard to ignore) to give myself extra cash to deal with my forward issues, or I could trade one of them to Hibberd/Simpson/Enright who are more proven.

*Rohan (F6/F7) - seems to have good job security, but isn't a good scorer. Ongoing leg issues will be a concern with playing out matches going forward. His price should increase this week if he plays but it's hard to see him going up much more. The obvious trade if I go him this week is to downgrade to Ambrose which gives me an extra $70k in the bank, to either fix the Bennedy issue or allow Mitchell/Hodge to go to a proven back. However I'm not sure whether Ambrose is going to have good job security (NB: Taylor is F8 currently).

*B. Kennedy (F6/F7) - He could score much better than Rohan but job security not looking as good as it did pre-season with a vest and an omission to start the season. He dominated the VFL this week, but hard to see him force his way into the seniors this week, and if he does he still has to dodge the vest. I think if I do trade him I'll want to upgrade him. May from GC looks an option as does Caddy if I do the Hodge/Mitchell trade. The good news if I hold him is his price shouldn't drop if I hold him another week, but unless he can get some full games he isn't looking like being the cash cow I was hoping for.

* Guthrie (D4) - Should make money but not setting the world on fire (I think he is getting lockdown roles). He should make a little bit of money so thinking of hanging onto him a little bit longer, though I am also considering trading him for KK (when KK hits the bubble) who wouldn't do much worse and again will put some spare cash in the bank to assist with other corrective/upgrade trades a little later. I potentially could get him to a Brodie Smith (who looked good yesterday) with the Rohan to Ambrose or Hodge/Mitchell to Swallow trades but not sure how much consistency Smith will have (scored 78 last week).

Would love some advice on what to do.

Marstar

Quote from: TeeJay on March 30, 2014, 01:20:20 AM
Quote from: tor01doc on March 30, 2014, 12:44:03 AM
Mitchell to Swallow Cox for Roughead.

:o wow.. wont have to worry about you winning the 50k

I'm thinking Mitchell needs to go to C Hooker to afford Suckling to Swallow.

jeesh

Quote from: Bully on March 30, 2014, 03:35:37 PM
Mitchell, Enright & Hodge all go down in the same week. The backline carnage continues from last year, it makes me want to smash something.

+Hurn absolute carnage!

roti

Few options i'm considering

Mitchell/Enright > Swallow - Preferably don't have to do this
McDonough > Ambrose - Looked really good, Impey another one who could come into contention
Michie > Tyson - If Mitchell and Enright get up or are only out for 1 this will probably be my second correctional trade, wouldn't be surprised to see Michie dropped

cotch9

Trades that I am considering are

Enright/Mitchell - Swallow If out for more than one week
Michie - Tyson looks set to explode in price next week
Rohan - Taylor/Ambrose will see who is named next week

Does anyone know if Clurey will be able to find his way back into the port lineup

HotTiges

So many potential trades..

Have to assess Leunberger for sure.. 70 and 80 is a worry.looked better today..so may hold...was considering Hickey as a downgrade then upgrade Suckers to Swallow..also find another downgrade to go Michie to M Thomas.was going to be LMac but his 90 odd put pay to that..also worried about my fwd bench too.Rohan no good and JKH sub twice..considering Ambrose too..could allow Michie to MThomas just..

Sydney14

ATM I'm looking at

Rohan > MThomas(moving Taylor fwd)
JKH > Ambrose
Buddy > Zorko

Not sure about Mitchell yet if he's still out. Maybe Mitchell>Hanley

Daniel123

Hold or fold gunsten guys? Same with Mitchell and hurn....

Daniel123

Could afford hurn >> swallow
Rohan>>  caddy maybe 17 k of zorko

Holz

had a tough few rounds, time to fix it up with trading and climb back up the ladder.

Mitchell to Swallow
Michie to Matt Thomas,

just using thomas for a quick stepping stone, will be out of my squad round 8.

LF

Have $102k in the bank left from last week after downgrading Aish to Taylor have Hurn and Sammy in backs to take care of before anything else.

batt

Quote from: Daniel123 on March 30, 2014, 09:05:45 PM
Hold or fold gunsten guys? Same with Mitchell and hurn....

Thinking of folding on Gunston.  Having a basement of ~50 in a game guarantees he's not going to get to an average of 100.  Toying with Dayne "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" Zorko.  Had him for the last couple of years and know what he's capable of.  Just not sure if the extra midfield time is purely the Rocky-effect or if Leppa has bigger things in mind for him.   

As for Mitchell, I'd hold him unless intel comes in it's more than a couple of weeks.

Hurn:  Wait for the verdict.  Same as Mitchell, except I might toss him if it's a 1-2 weeker.

Daniel123

Hopefully one of hurn and Sammy plays