ryder v nicnat v ? or sit on him

Started by crowls, March 29, 2014, 11:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crowls

went ryder at start of season as nicnat needed time aiming rnd5/6 tu.    now ryder spud and injured.     do i pull the trigger now for nicnat or look at other options.  if i do nn now  little money and one trade.     comments?

kilbluff1985

considered Mumford, McEvoy or Hickey ?

HotTiges

Still cautious on NN due to slow pre season..prefer a more solid option if your trading Ryder,is he out for long?

kilbluff1985

Quote from: HotTiges on March 29, 2014, 11:50:16 PM
Still cautious on NN due to slow pre season..prefer a more solid option if your trading Ryder,is he out for long?

have heard he is actually a chance to play next week the expect him to be running by mid week

FonFatty

Geez the ruck division is a mare this season, excluding the great man Sandi off course.
Goldy is playing injured,
Minson not doing enough (cooked IMO),
Cox getting on in age and slowing down,
Nic Nat getting match fitness into him,
McEvoy playing well but not putting the score on the board,
Mummy is on fire but that back injury can flare up at anytime,
Hickey is a great Cash cow but looks injured now,
Hampson is a great $$$ acquisition temporarily,
Jacobs is inconsistent, flies 1 week, wheres wally the next,
Leuey isn't right, looks slow, just cant pick up what the problem is there,

So like I said what a headache this 2nd ruck posi has turned out to be.
Common sense would say Mummy is a no brainer in the original posters query, but that back injury that has crippled him over the last few seasons worries me with him.
Who would be the best 2nd ruck to pick? I also have Ryder, thought he might be able to blossom under Thommo, but I think I am wrong with this one.

quinny88

Mummy also plays the dees next weekend. 50 hitouts coming up

AaronKirk

Nic Nat will only get better with matches under his belt IMO. If you don't want to take the risk early i'd go Mumford. Tough choice though.

Grufflez

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 31, 2014, 12:59:29 AM
Nic Nat will only get better with matches under his belt IMO. If you don't want to take the risk early i'd go Mumford. Tough choice though.

Hmmm Nic Nat is building,Mummy has also had his share of injury problems over the last couple of seasons so he isn't exactly "Cox durable" and has been playing teams with weak ruck stocks, I have Ryder (don't ask me why) and need to make a decision..will come down to choosing between Nic Nat and mummy if he is out for longer than 1 week.
Worry is, while Nic Nat builds his fitness up West coast will eventually run out of weak sides/rucks to play but that should all even itself out if he stays fit, tough call i reckon.