Matt Thomas..

Started by Elcapitano, March 27, 2014, 08:36:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HotTiges

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 28, 2014, 08:47:08 AM
I need to see how LMac and Michie go this week, but considering LMac is currently my D8, LMac to Georgiou and Michie to Thomas look like being two wise correctional trades for me
2 solid trades might consider something similar..low risk and MThomas looking good value

HotTiges

Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2014, 01:42:34 AM
Be careful. Jackson will come back in soon and I'm not sure what that will mean for Thomas
Wouldn't be shocked if Matty keeps Jacko out.. Could squeeze Foles out instead.. Thommo will stay.Hard nut, tackle machine, good decision maker and decent ball user.hardwick mk2 haha..bargain pick up for the Tiges ..

Daniel123

Quote from: HotTiges on March 28, 2014, 08:55:27 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2014, 01:42:34 AM
Be careful. Jackson will come back in soon and I'm not sure what that will mean for Thomas
Wouldn't be shocked if Matty keeps Jacko out.. Could squeeze Foles out instead.. Thommo will stay.Hard nut, tackle machine, good decision maker and decent ball user.hardwick mk2 haha..bargain pick up for the Tiges ..
Jacko will be back once fit he is our best and fairest :P

Nige

I'm probably not brave enough to put Tank in my team. Could be a sneaky option for a draft team though.

I'm also quite happy to have him in BXVs. 147 and 119 so far.  8)

GCSkiwi

Not sure why people are on Michie's case, he got 61, what were you expecting? Not worth the trade and an extra $80k for Thomas, 10ppg is effectively $50k price difference so you're needing Thomas to average ~16ppg greater than Michie just to break even on their profits. Now, Thomas has done well in 2 games so far and is definitely over that 16ppg limit but also be aware that Michie has a round 10 bye and Thomas is round 8 - you have 2 more rounds to profit off Michie than Thomas. I suspect by that stage the difference between them will be much less than the scores currently indicate - enough so that a trade won't really be worth it.

Ricochet

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 28, 2014, 10:32:47 AM
Not sure why people are on Michie's case, he got 61, what were you expecting? Not worth the trade and an extra $80k for Thomas, 10ppg is effectively $50k price difference so you're needing Thomas to average ~16ppg greater than Michie just to break even on their profits. Now, Thomas has done well in 2 games so far and is definitely over that 16ppg limit but also be aware that Michie has a round 10 bye and Thomas is round 8 - you have 2 more rounds to profit off Michie than Thomas. I suspect by that stage the difference between them will be much less than the scores currently indicate - enough so that a trade won't really be worth it.
well said

Bully

For me it's a case of replacing Crouch, my gamble hasn't come off but in some ways it's good because Thomas has emerged from the pack when he was never a consideration. My midfield is weak at the moment and I feel I will lose ground to those who picked Murphy at M5, still kicking myself that I didn't go with my guts on that one but thems the breaks.

So to bring Thomas in I'll need to downgrade Taylor to Ambrose, it's a burnt trade but Ambrose potentially has a 5-6 game window to make an impression, I also think he'll make more money than Taylor in the short term - the latter could be sub affected for quite some time.

Having watched the game against Carlton I was suitably impressed with Thomas' tough as nails approach to the football, 11 tackles and 23 possessions indicates to me he's in for a bumper year. I really don't think it's flash in the pan either, his preseason form was just as good.   

Colty

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 28, 2014, 01:38:27 AM
Quote from: Colty on March 28, 2014, 01:34:30 AM
Quote from: HotTiges on March 27, 2014, 10:59:55 PM
Yeah two tons and looking like an important pick up.have to consider if Daisy failed..good value
Gunna trade him in for Caddy if Caddy stinks it up. this weekend. He looks like he will make at least $200k which is worth a trade in my book.

Caddy?

Really?

NFI like finishing top 500 last year? Its risks and decisions like these that can burn you or split you from the pack. If Caddy scores low again its not that bigger risk.

NFI  ::)

Marstar

Quote from: Colty on March 28, 2014, 12:13:28 PM
Quote from: Judd Magic on March 28, 2014, 01:38:27 AM
Quote from: Colty on March 28, 2014, 01:34:30 AM
Quote from: HotTiges on March 27, 2014, 10:59:55 PM
Yeah two tons and looking like an important pick up.have to consider if Daisy failed..good value
Gunna trade him in for Caddy if Caddy stinks it up. this weekend. He looks like he will make at least $200k which is worth a trade in my book.

Caddy?

Really?

NFI  ::)
NFI like finishing top 500 last year? Its risks and decisions like these that can burn you or split you from the pack. If Caddy scores low again its not that bigger risk.

FixT :P

On the other hand Caddy didn't score low by any metric. 81 for $325k is well within the expected range.

Forwards:

100k Rookie 55-65
200k Cheapy 65-75
300k Bargain 75-85
400k Mid-Pricer 85-95
500k Premium 95-105
600k Ultra 105+

elephants

Hating myself for picking Ellard over Thomas in AF. Tempted to grab him just for the initial price rise...

Holz

looks very much like mullett last year. He very likely wont keep up anywhere near these scores you just use him for some quick cash and to outscore the other mid rookies by abit than offload him during the byes for a real premo. Unfortunately being a round 8 bye the value in that drops dramatically. If he was 9 or 10 I would 100% trade him in than turn him into selwood when he is 350-400k.

Danzac

Quote from: Holzman on March 28, 2014, 12:42:48 PM
looks very much like mullett last year. He very likely wont keep up anywhere near these scores you just use him for some quick cash and to outscore the other mid rookies by abit than offload him during the byes for a real premo. Unfortunately being a round 8 bye the value in that drops dramatically. If he was 9 or 10 I would 100% trade him in than turn him into selwood when he is 350-400k.

If Thomas scores 5 80s in a row until the bye, he'll be 384k

Bully

Quote from: Holzman on March 28, 2014, 12:42:48 PM

With all the other rookies having a favourable bye structure I reckon it's not too much of a stretch to carry him over the bye period. If one happens to fall short in round 8 then an immediate upgrade may be in order. I think he'll wind up averaging in the 90's which will add a quick 200k to his value.

FactHunt

80+ looks comfortable ATM with his tackling efforts alone- 11 last night.
MAN POSSESSED.

roti

Would have liked to have seen Jacko play in the same team as him last night, at the moment he is playing fantastically so he won't make way for Jacko, but they play a similar role and his imput could well drop