McDonough > ??

Started by quinny88, March 27, 2014, 02:14:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Going to the game tonight and wont have access to the Internet so baisically need to make this decision before the rest of the teams are named.

AaronKirk

Went McCarthy from the list. Watching the game last Thursday he looked good in the cats forward line. I think with the injuries still down at the cats his JS should be ok to get a price rise.

quinny88

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 27, 2014, 02:20:54 PM
Went McCarthy from the list. Watching the game last Thursday he looked good in the cats forward line. I think with the injuries still down at the cats his JS should be ok to get a price rise.

I didnt see any of that game or know a thing about him to be honest..  :-\

Is he risk of green vest or being dropped? Who is coming back to Geelongs side that would force him out?

Doggoneit

Motlop has only just started running after surgery

Christensen is a long way away

Smedts or Sheringham maybe?

Rusty00

I have this decision to make as well. For me it's between McCarthy and Impey.

I think McCarthy may hold his spot until Christenson and/or Motlop come back (providing of course that he is contributing). Impey played really well last week, but having O'Shea waiting in the wings concerns me a little.

Ricochet

I'm in the same situation mate and I'm going to hold him for a week and fix him next week.
I already have McCarthy though and from that list he is probably the one with the best JS

eaglesman

lewis taylor for mine but obviously i am banking on him holding his spot and avoiding the vest

quinny88

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 27, 2014, 02:32:20 PM
Motlop has only just started running after surgery

Christensen is a long way away

Smedts or Sheringham maybe?

You think he can last until their round 8 bye then?

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2014, 02:34:36 PM
I'm in the same situation mate and I'm going to hold him for a week and fix him next week.
I already have McCarthy though and from that list he is probably the one with the best JS

Im thinking ill need the 2 trades next week though Ric.
Dont want to be left short and I cant see McDonough getting back into the side for while now with players returning from injury

AaronKirk

Quote from: quinny88 on March 27, 2014, 02:26:02 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on March 27, 2014, 02:20:54 PM

I didnt see any of that game or know a thing about him to be honest..  :-\

Is he risk of green vest or being dropped? Who is coming back to Geelongs side that would force him out?

If they play Hmac, Blicavs and Simpson each week he won't be sub. Motlop and Christensen are the two who would force him out but they are a long way off.

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on March 27, 2014, 02:36:59 PM

Dont want to be left short and I cant see McDonough getting back into the side for while now with players returning from injury
What are the two trades you think you'll need next week?

eaglesman

exactly how i am thinking about next week ... thinking may need 2 trades next week so burning one this week may be a good idea ....2 trades to ensure u pick the right rookies next week and this does not even take into account a premo LTI that would need to be addressed if you are really unlucky

Jroo

If Merrett or Taylor can say away from the sub vests they will be good scorers.

Doggoneit

Quote from: eaglesman on March 27, 2014, 02:42:46 PM

exactly how i am thinking about next week ... thinking may need 2 trades next week so burning one this week may be a good idea ....2 trades to ensure u pick the right rookies next week and this does not even take into account a premo LTI that would need to be addressed if you are really unlucky

ditto

I have already pulled the trigger on McDonough - if I only need one trade next week that is a bonus (and I know I need at least one)

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2014, 02:42:29 PM

What are the two trades you think you'll need next week?

Goldstein > Premium ruck- If his shoulder doesnt get up or Currie is brought in to share the load and Goldy scores average again then ill be giving him the flick before a big price drop. Too much money to have on a ruckman not scoring 100+ every week.

Clurey > Georgiou or Laidler as a corrective rookie trade

Templeton > Rookie- Not sure that Templeton will last with St.kildas quality mids coming back in

These are just hypotheticals but I figure it would be better to just cut the cord on McDonough now rather than be left short on trades next week