Griffen back for North Clash

Started by Ricochet, March 27, 2014, 10:50:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-27/griffen-back-for-bulldogs?utm_medium=RSS

WESTERN Bulldogs captain Ryan Griffen will make his return from a back injury in Sunday's clash against North Melbourne at Etihad Stadium.

The back complaint has kept Griffen on the sidelines for almost two months.

Bulldogs coach Brendan McCartney confirmed on Thursday morning the skipper would return.

"Yes he will [play]," McCartney said.

"He has to train today which we're confident he'll get through and all being well he will play."

Grufflez

juzztheball

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Nyn

is it too much to ask that he gets eased back in with a vest?

Ricochet

Quote from: Nyn on March 27, 2014, 11:40:12 AM
I wouldn't have though so

Doggoneit

If he had to be eased back with a green vest then they wouldn't play him at all - possibly a red vest, but I doubt that too.
By all accounts he was really close to playing last week

Quote from: Grufflez on March 27, 2014, 11:35:05 AM
Libba owners are smiling  :)
I dont think Griffen missing was the reason for Libba's low score - he did have 27 disposals, Minson getting beaten and Weagles pressure was a more likely cause.

E-Lemon_ator

Not expecting too much from Griff this week.  Predicting an servicable 85-95 score

Keeper27

juzztheball

Quote from: Doggoneit on March 27, 2014, 11:47:37 AM

If he had to be eased back with a green vest then they wouldn't play him at all - possibly a red vest, but I doubt that too.
By all accounts he was really close to playing last week

Quote from: Grufflez on March 27, 2014, 11:35:05 AM
Libba owners are smiling  :)
I dont think Griffen missing was the reason for Libba's low score - he did have 27 disposals, Minson getting beaten and Weagles pressure was a more likely cause.

If Griffen played i dont think Libba wouldve had Scott Selwood practically
mounting him the whole game  :o

timtim

Libba had a DE of only 59.3% on the weekend hence the low score. To put that into context it was the third lowest DE% for any Bulldog player.

That should lift, and Griffen should also help on the tagger front.

batt

A big "watch this space" for Macrae too.  Breakout on the cards if he can still score well with Griff around.

Jroo

Good news for the Dogs. I'm not expecting him to dominate straight away, but nevertheless, a massive in. I may looks at him as an upgrade target, later on in the year.

Doggoneit

Quote from: batt on March 27, 2014, 03:24:33 PM
A big "watch this space" for Macrae too.  Breakout on the cards if he can still score well with Griff around.

Griff back may even help him continue his good form, but remember this kid is only 19 and you cant expect him to get to elite level in his second year.

If he starts to become too dangerous he will get some attention - not necessarily the first tag but teams could give someone a job on him.

SydneyRox

Surely a red vest waiting for him.