Main Menu

McDonough

Started by Slammer, March 26, 2014, 10:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer

I see as expected he has been dropped. I also have J .Martin .
Do I trade Martin for Cunningham and McDonough for Rioli , Mitchell, Parker, zorko, La Cras or anyone else.
Leaning towards La Cras as a POD.
Should I make trade this week or hold.

B: Mitchell, McVeigh, Swallow, Hurn, Laidler,Langdon (Langford, McDonald)
M: Ablett, Libba, Murphy, Beans, Dunstan,Tyson, Polec,Ellis (Michie,MARTIN)
R: Minson, Sandi (Currie ,Thurlow)
F: Danger, Martin, Pav, Caddy, Higgins,Rohan (JHK, DONOUGH)

jfitty

It's such a tough situation when a rookie gets dropped round 2.

Do you hold on and hope he gets named again?
Trade him out this week to allow for a few trades next week?
Trade him out next week and hope you don't need to make any other moves?

Love to see what others think!

RaisyDaisy

I'm not one to advocate rd1 trades, but in your position I would do it

Martin Needs to go, and not only do you get rid of McDonaugh (who I cant see coming back anytime soon) you also get to move Rohan to the bench, so I say do it - use 2 trades

Cunningham or Taylor would be fine, even Bennell as he looked great for us and is every chance to play a lot of games, and then out of the forwards you mentioned I probably wouldn't get Rioli, but any of the others you mentioned are all legit options, but LeCras would be the biggest risk, but could be a big reward, don't expect him to get 27 touches and kick 5 every week

Doggoneit

I also have McDonough - thought he would be a good pick in front of other fwd rookies as he was playing a half back role rather than small forward like JHK, Rohan etc.

I know I have at least one trade required next week (rookie correction) so I am pulling the trigger on him this week.  I am bringing in someone who I am convinced has very good JS.  Just the one trade though.

I don't want to make the other trade until next week so I can better assess the options

Hoping I only need one trade next week - but if there is someone I don't have who is going to be a better cash cow then at least I want the opportunity to get them in.

You are in a similar situation to me, so I think you should make at least one trade

fidou

McDonough and Lloyd (em R1 ) with Jake King returning at some stage was the reason I didn't pick him as looking in the NAB they all played similar roles. With the selection for Round 2 McDonough out and Lloyd still emerg and Jake King in. Love it when my thinking was correct. Would have said nothing if McDonough scored a ton and was selected again.

Judd Magic

I'm trading McDonuts to Impey.

Easiest decision ever for me.  8)

Mr.Craig

I think he's good enough to be back sooner rather than later. Bit hard to sit around and wait though.

Dayze

If he isn't named next week who is on ur radar as his replacement mr Craig. Long way away I know.

Merrett?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Dayze on March 27, 2014, 01:00:10 AM
If he isn't named next week who is on ur radar as his replacement mr Craig. Long way away I know.

Merrett?

(Cough) This is awkward. I don't actually play SC. Just wander over to this board occasionally to engage in player discussions.

tor01doc

Trespassers will be prosecuted!

Mr.Craig

Jroo

That soundly be too bad, Martin has to go and it will allow you to bench Rohan, so I reckon go for it.
Just wait and see if McDonough is a late change in, first.

Slammer

With Rance out I thought they would have kept McDonough.
I could however just wait until next week and see if La Cras can back it up or Mitchell,Parker, Buddy  or Rioli fire this week
I just can't make up my mind and as you all say its difficult to burn two trades first up.
Only have to cop an LTI this week and I am burning trades again.

Ricochet

I'd actually hold of on both trades until next week. Sydney still have KJack to come back and I would expect ROK to force his way back in as a starter. You don't wanna bring in a rookie only for them to go missing. You'll end up using two trades when you could have used just the one

BoredSaint

Tim Obrien anyone? Looked pretty good before getting subbed