JOEL SELWOOD

Started by Daniel123, March 26, 2014, 08:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel123

Just a quick question if it wasn't for this guys buy round would more people have him or would he even be a close lock?

H1bb3i2d

Without the bye no doubt a gun! I'd say 90% would have him at #3 (for season average), behind Gazza and Pendles. But add in Beams as a value pick, he's down to number 4 on the pecking list for round 8 bye players and thats simply too many.

Ill add that he had a couple of niggles (foot then hammy iirc?), preseason, but I think people just used those as confirmation not to start him, rather than that being a serious concern. 

RaisyDaisy

If he had his bye in rd9 or 10 then I would have locked in Gaz, Pendles, Jelwood, Beams as my starting 4 mids, no doubt about it

Doggoneit

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on March 26, 2014, 08:40:01 PM
If he had his bye in rd9 or 10 then I would have locked in Gaz, Pendles, Jelwood, Beams as my starting 4 mids, no doubt about it
exactly this

I did consider taking him over Gaz so I could upgrade elsewhere - dropped the idea pretty quickly though.

Most likely my first target for a mid upgrade.

Danzac

He had lower leg surgery a few weeks ago, then did a hammy in the pre-season.
The limited pre-season suggested he would be a slow starter/later buying opportunity. Remember in 2013 when you could buy him for $498k? Yeah me too
Obviously we were wrong this time

Holz

The bye and the injury combined where the reason. If he was 100% fit in the preseason I would have risked ablett pendles selwood beams. If he had of been another round would have dropped Rocky for him (if only)

Ricochet

I still wouldn't have picked him to be perfectly honest even if he had a different bye. His injury concerns were enough to put me off him.

newfreofan

I grabbed him mostly because others haven't and I play to win cash leagues so tanking round 8 to win the otger two byes seemed a solid idea.

vtaced

Will hopefully have him in my team after the bye. Top 5 supercoach midfielder

Keeper27

Quote from: newfreofan on March 27, 2014, 11:22:40 AM
I grabbed him mostly because others haven't and I play to win cash leagues so tanking round 8 to win the otger two byes seemed a solid idea.

good idea. taking 1 loss to have a top 5 mid on your team from the start.

luketown

Quote from: newfreofan on March 27, 2014, 11:22:40 AM

Thats what im doing too ;)

newfreofan

I have no idea what you replied Keeper27, cant stop watching your avatar

AaronKirk

Round 8 bye and pre-season injury enough to not select Joel Selwood.

Ringo

Round 8 bye the real reason - Do not where the injury concern comes from last year he played all Home and Away games and in 2012 only missed 2 games through injury and one with suspension.
Will be seriously looked at in Round 9 to come into my team. Like most 4 Round 8 prems one too many.

Keeper27

Quote from: newfreofan on March 27, 2014, 02:37:00 PM
I have no idea what you replied Keeper27, cant stop watching your avatar

getting real sick of this... LOL, changing it soon.