Is Dom Tyson a must have?!?

Started by juzztheball, March 26, 2014, 02:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juzztheball

So i made the rookie error of trading him out 5 minutes before the brisbane game for Aish. Held onto Michie instead. Naturally, seeing Tyson tear it up made me furious!

Question is, is he a must have? Or can Michie/Aish turn it around?

Thoughts?

Would have to downgrade a Webster/MacDonald to Laidler/Langford to afford this...

tor01doc

Not worth blowing a trade for him now.

He may end up being a keeper but unlikely.

If he consistently outscores Aish / Michie, then you lose a bit of cash and will just have to suck it up Princess - like I will be!  :(

H1bb3i2d

Yes. No doubt he will be around the 110 mark all year, making him a top 15 MID and possible M8 keeper all year, a steal for only $200oddk!!

H1bb3i2d

But srs, yeah he'll average a bit more than the other rooks, but is priced a bit more too, thus he will probably make around the same, and even if he earns a little more it wouldn't be worth the trade to bring him in

vtaced

In short yes. one of the best cash cows this year in my opinion. Also has excellent job security

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: vtaced on March 26, 2014, 02:45:30 PM
In short yes. one of the best cash cows this year in my opinion. Also has excellent job security

>Averages 90
>Hits 500k
>Makes 300k
>Pretty good return, agreed?

To be worth a trade, you'd want to make an extra $150-200k by doing so, so unless you have a rookie that's scoring below 60 (which gets to ~300-350k), the trade won't net you enough IMO.

We can't have every single player that we missed. The strategy is to find how much we can actually gain from them, but if your current option is doing alright themselves, the trade 'generally' isn't worth it.

fever

GCSkiwi

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 26, 2014, 02:35:13 PM
But srs, yeah he'll average a bit more than the other rooks, but is priced a bit more too, thus he will probably make around the same, and even if he earns a little more it wouldn't be worth the trade to bring him in

This. If you have to make 2 trades just to bring him in there is no point. If you could get him in with 1 trade it might be worth considering but even then, I think if you missed the boat then
Quote from: tor01doc on March 26, 2014, 02:32:12 PM
suck it up Princess

tor01doc

Excuse me while I go and suck it up.  :o

Missed him to fit Libber in!!

Bill Manspeaker

Marcos83

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 26, 2014, 02:54:40 PM

>Averages 90
>Hits 500k
>Makes 300k

To be worth a trade, you'd want to make an extra $150-200k by doing so, so unless you have a rookie that's scoring below 60 (which gets to ~300-350k), the trade won't net you enough IMO.

We can't have every single player that we missed. The strategy is to find how much we can actually gain from them, but if your current option is doing alright themselves, the trade 'generally' isn't worth it.

If he averages 90 he will go to 450 k max. To get to 500k he needs an average of 100 I'm pretty sure. Correct me if I am wrong.

Anubis

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Marcos83 on March 26, 2014, 03:34:54 PM

>Averages 90
>Hits 500k
>Makes 300k

If he averages 90 he will go to 450 k max. To get to 500k he needs an average of 100 I'm pretty sure. Correct me if I am wrong.

Somwhere in between,  depends if he can pull out a couple of good games in a row at a good time. I was being pretty generous so no one went "well I think he'll make more than that, so your point is invalid"

Spuds11

Has great job security at Melbourne looks a good player  if your heart is telling you to trade him in trade him in and put your mind at ease but remember that prices will not change until the completion of round 3 so you have another week to asses the situation

Colty

Quote from: H1bb3i2d on March 26, 2014, 08:29:49 PM
Quote from: Marcos83 on March 26, 2014, 03:34:54 PM

>Averages 90
>Hits 500k
>Makes 300k

Somwhere in between,  depends if he can pull out a couple of good games in a row at a good time. I was being pretty generous so no one went "well I think he'll make more than that, so your point is invalid"
I think your better off trading for Macrae making 200k and getting big points while he makes you good cash.