Round 2 - Saints vs. Giants - March 29th

Started by LaHug, March 25, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Both teams were meant to lose last week. Both teams are expected to finish at the bottom. Yet, both teams defied the odds and came away with round 1 victories. Which of these two teams will kick off the season with an unlikely 2-0 start?

kilbluff1985

Ricochet

Giants actually have a very good chance to start the season 5-0  :o

Master Q

Ziplock

If we play with the same intensity as last week I don't think the saints will stand a chance. Whether we can or not though...

Nige

I've got a soft spot for both teams, so this is hard to pick.

The Giants were super impressive last week, the Saints equally so.

Honestly, this is a genuine flip of the coin.

Saints by a goal.

Ziplock

Quote from: NigeyS on March 25, 2014, 08:31:10 PM
I've got a soft spot for both teams, so this is hard to pick.

The Giants were super impressive last week, the Saints equally so.

Honestly, this is a genuine flip of the coin.

Saints by a goal.

the saints equally so?

the saints beat melbourne, the team that came 17th last year and touted for bottom 5 again by 17 points. While the giants beat sydney by 30, who came top 4 last year and are touted to do so again this year.

I  mean, I dont think this is an easy game to call and could go either way, but I definitely don't think you can classify the wins by gws and saint kilda from last week as equally impressive.

Bill Manspeaker

yeah I'd say equally so zip.

GWS have about... 100,000 first rounders, give or take, and about 50,000 of them, give or take, are actually number 1's which = the best talent in the country. there will come a time when they will all click and beat a premier side

the Saints went in with a lot less talent, missing players like Hayes, Montagna, Steven, Fisher, Schneider and probably someone else I'm missing, add on to the players we no longer have from our last game Dal Santo, McEvoy, Milne, Blake and Kosi(okay so he wouldn't have got a game anyway)

both teams have a new coach

I class it as an equal victory

am confident the Saints can win this week. maybe a little less confident than I was last week, but still confident.

Saints by 8 points

kilbluff1985

yeah Nigey what u smoking even disregarding who they beat GWS played much better then the Saints

Master Q

A lot of those first rounders will have to leave though Brad.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: Master Q on March 25, 2014, 08:59:57 PM
A lot of those first rounders will have to leave though Brad.

yeah I hope so mate. but as for last week, they were still there, and will still be there for at least the year

AaronKirk

Arguably GWS have a better midfield and stronger selected forward line than Melbourne which doesn't bode well for St Kilda. But saying that I gave St Kilda no chance last week and they got the chocolates

GWS by 5 goals.  Best bet of the round in H2H

Ziplock

Honestly, I'd give the saints no chance of winning if Davis was 100%... but I'm pretty sure he'll miss this week, and without mohr as well, riewoldt could potentially go huge.

kilbluff1985

Quote from: AaronKirk on March 25, 2014, 10:13:18 PM
Arguably GWS have a better midfield and stronger selected forward line than Melbourne which doesn't bode well for St Kilda. But saying that I gave St Kilda no chance last week and they got the chocolates

GWS by 5 goals.  Best bet of the round in H2H

Got on them today with Sportsbets promo :)

Nige

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 25, 2014, 08:54:14 PM
yeah Nigey what u smoking even disregarding who they beat GWS played much better then the Saints
Not smoking anything...

Kyle (brad) explained it well. Yes, the Giants beat the Swans and it was amazing. Credit where credit is due, but I really think the Saints deserve as much credit. Most people have written them off this year, and to make matters worse they were missing key, experienced players and they still managed to fight and get up. Yes, I understand their opponent was a Melbourne team with no forward line but considering the Saints circumstances, I think their win was equal to that of the Giants (note, I'm not saying the Giants didn't do well, I did say they were 'super impressive'... and I'm also not saying that Saints win was 'better' either).