Round 2 - Tigers vs. Blues - March 27th

Started by LaHug, March 25, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Haha that was really terrible wasn't it!

"C'mon Waitey, it was nowhere near your face. It hit you in the right nipple!" ;D

Ricochet

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2014, 11:44:04 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 28, 2014, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: Rusty00 on March 28, 2014, 11:17:12 AM
Channel 7 were looking at it from a footy fans "gee that's soft, nothing in it" point of view. Jon Ralph was looking at it from a "what is the MRP likely to think" point of view.

MRP have made it pretty clear that hits off the ball will be penalised. The key is whether the contact was sufficient enough to constitute a report. If the MRP think it was (likely) then it's a guaranteed 2 weeks down to 1, the same as Rocky.

I personally don't like (especially as I have both of them in SC), but I'm pretty sure Martin will get a week's rest.

The thing that will help Dusty is the footage is impossible to tell and Simon White wasnt a person about it and didnt take a dive. To me it looked like an open handed jumper punch but who knows what the lottery of the MRP will class it as
unlike Waite's attempt for a free kick. Lol that was shocking acting

They brought in a rule 2 years ago to stamp out that sort of BS so he should be sited for that

Jroo

First time I've been on FF since before the game.
Sooo happy we got the result, I really thought we would lose it in the last quarter.
Carlton's kicking in front of goals in the last quarter was pretty poor, so we're lucky we got the result.
Griffiths mark in the last minute or so was massive, that was a game saver. Dusty's goal was awesome too!
Does anyone have footage of the Dusty report? I must've missed it.
About SC scores, I was expecting Simpson to score 90+ (without looking at the stats, as I was watching it live at the game), so to only score 61 is an absolute joke. Happy with Murphy and Dusty, but Cotch was a little disappointing.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on March 28, 2014, 09:32:11 AM
Quote from: LaHug on March 28, 2014, 12:35:51 AM
Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 11:28:57 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 27, 2014, 11:27:56 PM
Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 11:11:45 PM
Btw not sure if umpires tonight were wearing green or blue... flowering terrible.

You're kidding right?

Nope

Inconsistent bullshower, especially in the last quarter.

Umpires tried their very best to give the game to the Blues in that last quarter but Carlton wasted it in front of goal.
Ones that quickly come to mind are Ellis' holding the man when he marked it on the 50 and that interesting free against Griffiths that led to a Waite behind. There was also some very interested "shepherding" calls in marking contests that went Carlton's way yet, when the same happened to Morris, it was a Carlton free for an unrealistic attempt at a specky or whatever the umpire was making up. The list just goes on and on...

A big fat +1!

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw it, you pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly Huggy.
+2 the umpires weren't great in the last quarter.

LaHug

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 28, 2014, 10:16:19 AM
Quote from: NigeyS on March 28, 2014, 10:12:55 AM
Quote from: Toga on March 28, 2014, 09:32:11 AM
Quote from: LaHug on March 28, 2014, 12:35:51 AM
Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 11:28:57 PM
Quote from: Mat0369 on March 27, 2014, 11:27:56 PM
Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 11:11:45 PM
Btw not sure if umpires tonight were wearing green or blue... flowering terrible.

You're kidding right?

Nope

Inconsistent bullshower, especially in the last quarter.

Umpires tried their very best to give the game to the Blues in that last quarter but Carlton wasted it in front of goal.
Ones that quickly come to mind are Ellis' holding the man when he marked it on the 50 and that interesting free against Griffiths that led to a Waite behind. There was also some very interested "shepherding" calls in marking contests that went Carlton's way yet, when the same happened to Morris, it was a Carlton free for an unrealistic attempt at a specky or whatever the umpire was making up. The list just goes on and on...

A big fat +1!

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw it, you pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly Huggy.
Yeah, the umps were bad. Huggy's nailed some of the glaring ones.
The Morris one was fair enough, he went for the specky and didn't get a hand on it. That's been a free kick for years.

I think the Morris one was definitely worthy of being called an unrealistic attempt BUT he was also shepherded from the possibility of a realistic attempt. I'm fine with them calling it but they gave Carlton at least two free kicks for the same thing that Yarran did. I don't mind the free kick call but the consistency was atrocious!

Additionally, I forgot about the one where they reversed a free kick just outside our 50 for what looked like (as far as I could tell from the crowd, at least) a Carlton player tripping over someone. Can anyone actually explain what happened there?!

LaHug

Quote from: JROO8 on March 28, 2014, 12:19:35 PM
About SC scores, I was expecting Simpson to score 90+ (without looking at the stats, as I was watching it live at the game), so to only score 61 is an absolute joke. Happy with Murphy and Dusty, but Cotch was a little disappointing.

Every time Simpson got the ball (which seemed like a lot), I kept telling my friends that we need to watch this guy. I thought he was killing us so was also very surprised by the SC score.

Ricochet

On Simmo's score

Quote from: Ricochet on March 28, 2014, 01:15:23 PM
Breaking it down with the stats we have available.

12 effective kicks = 48
4 clangers = -16
2 effective handballs = 3
1 Goal = 8
6 Uncontested Marks = 12
2 Tackles = 8
1 Free Kick For = 4
1 Free Against = -4

Is 63. He only have 3 contested possessions so he probably only had 1 hardball get if that. Then scaled down. So kinda makes sense

Ringo

Sooo happy we got the result, I really thought we would lose it in the last quarter.
Carlton's kicking in front of goals in the last quarter was pretty poor, so we're lucky we got the result.
Griffiths mark in the last minute or so was massive, that was a game saver. Dusty's goal was awesome too!
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-03-27/dusty-martin-on-report

For JR

There is a thread in P&T in SC on Simpson ehich is worth readin as well a fair bit of debate in there

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,92541.msg1326313.html#new

Jroo

Quote from: Ringo on March 28, 2014, 01:32:08 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/video/2014-03-27/dusty-martin-on-report

For JR

There is a thread in P&T in SC on Simpson ehich is worth readin as well a fair bit of debate in there

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,92541.msg1326313.html#new
Cheers.  :)

Jroo

As Richo said, hard to see if there's any contact.
I have no idea what the MRP will do, hoping he gets off but I'm no confident.

Bill Manspeaker

has there been any talk on the Simpson report? it's a disgrace if he cops anything

Nige

Quote from: brad on March 28, 2014, 02:49:21 PM
has there been any talk on the Simpson report? it's a disgrace if he cops anything
Was he even reported?  ???

Ty probably should have got a free kick though.

Bill Manspeaker

Quote from: NigeyS on March 28, 2014, 02:50:33 PM
Quote from: brad on March 28, 2014, 02:49:21 PM
Was he even reported?  ???

Ty probably should have got a free kick though.

to be honest I'm not even sure if he got reported haha, I just assumed he had because they usually get reported AT LEAST in those cases

Toga

Nah don't think he was reported fellas. The commentators just thought he would be looked at by the MRP, he should be fine though.