Round 2 - Tigers vs. Blues - March 27th

Started by LaHug, March 25, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

YOU BEAUTY!

Was terrible to watch but the boys got over the line when I didn't think we would. Loves a good win over Carlscum! Cotch wasnt great for my AF team but I don't care, we won!! 8)

Btw not sure if umpires tonight were wearing green or blue... flowering terrible.

ttste1

Did any one see Mick's press conference... That was classic! The look on the reporters faces was priceless.

Master Q

Just got home... Absolutely gutted. Cracker of a game, pretty bad performance despite the last quarter. Don't get me started on Gartlett and our kicking! Gibbs scored a magical goal right in front of where I was sitting which was a great moment though.

Oh, and there you go Thursday night haters. Hope you enjoyed it! 62k  8)

Mat0369

Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 11:11:45 PM
Btw not sure if umpires tonight were wearing green or blue... flowering terrible.

You're kidding right?

Quote from: ttste1 on March 27, 2014, 11:23:40 PM
Did any one see Mick's press conference... That was classic! The look on the reporters faces was priceless.

I agreed with him on the guy that made the comment about Waite, but I have a feeling he doesn't like Belll

Toga

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 27, 2014, 11:27:56 PM

You're kidding right?

Nope

Inconsistent bullshower, especially in the last quarter.

LaHug

Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 11:28:57 PM

You're kidding right?

Nope

Umpires tried their very best to give the game to the Blues in that last quarter but Carlton wasted it in front of goal.
Ones that quickly come to mind are Ellis' holding the man when he marked it on the 50 and that interesting free against Griffiths that led to a Waite behind. There was also some very interested "shepherding" calls in marking contests that went Carlton's way yet, when the same happened to Morris, it was a Carlton free for an unrealistic attempt at a specky or whatever the umpire was making up. The list just goes on and on...

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: ttste1 on March 27, 2014, 11:23:40 PM

I couldn't believe how poor the journo's actually are. They all look like a bunch of nerds, and have no confidence in the way they talk, seeming shy and intimidated. A coach is just a person, ask them questions in confidence and challenge them/expect answers

Mick just gives them one sentence answers and moves on, and they just sit there like wimps.

Toga

Quote from: LaHug on March 28, 2014, 12:35:51 AM

You're kidding right?

Nope

Umpires tried their very best to give the game to the Blues in that last quarter but Carlton wasted it in front of goal.
Ones that quickly come to mind are Ellis' holding the man when he marked it on the 50 and that interesting free against Griffiths that led to a Waite behind. There was also some very interested "shepherding" calls in marking contests that went Carlton's way yet, when the same happened to Morris, it was a Carlton free for an unrealistic attempt at a specky or whatever the umpire was making up. The list just goes on and on...

A big fat +1!

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw it, you pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly Huggy.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on March 28, 2014, 09:32:11 AM

You're kidding right?

Nope

A big fat +1!

Glad I wasn't the only one that saw it, you pretty much summed up my thoughts exactly Huggy.
Yeah, the umps were bad. Huggy's nailed some of the glaring ones.

GoLions

Quote from: NigeyS on March 28, 2014, 10:12:55 AM

You're kidding right?

Nope

A big fat +1!

The Morris one was fair enough, he went for the specky and didn't get a hand on it. That's been a free kick for years.

Ringo

Quote from: NigeyS on March 28, 2014, 10:12:55 AM

You're kidding right?

Nope

A big fat +1!

So does that mean Dusty goes for a week as well for the soft hit.  MRP needs to to be consistent now.  You guys jumped all over me so just saying. BTW I agree umpiring favoured Carlton as well.

Toga

Yeah not sure Ringo, will be interesting to see what they decide here.

The panel on FoxFooty seemed to think it would meet the criteria for a two week suspension down to one with an early plea, while it sounds like Channel 7's panel thought he would be fine. Richo says "gee, from that vision it's hard to tell whether he made contact" so not sure what part that will play, considering the footage is pretty poor.

One thing is for certain, Simon White landed one on Dusty's chin as well so if Dusty goes, White has to go as well.

Rusty00

Channel 7 were looking at it from a footy fans "gee that's soft, nothing in it" point of view. Jon Ralph was looking at it from a "what is the MRP likely to think" point of view.

MRP have made it pretty clear that hits off the ball will be penalised. The key is whether the contact was sufficient enough to constitute a report. If the MRP think it was (likely) then it's a guaranteed 2 weeks down to 1, the same as Rocky.

I personally don't like (especially as I have both of them in SC), but I'm pretty sure Martin will get a week's rest.

quinny88

Quote from: Rusty00 on March 28, 2014, 11:17:12 AM
Channel 7 were looking at it from a footy fans "gee that's soft, nothing in it" point of view. Jon Ralph was looking at it from a "what is the MRP likely to think" point of view.

MRP have made it pretty clear that hits off the ball will be penalised. The key is whether the contact was sufficient enough to constitute a report. If the MRP think it was (likely) then it's a guaranteed 2 weeks down to 1, the same as Rocky.

I personally don't like (especially as I have both of them in SC), but I'm pretty sure Martin will get a week's rest.

The thing that will help Dusty is the footage is impossible to tell and Simon White wasnt a person about it and didnt take a dive. To me it looked like an open handed jumper punch but who knows what the lottery of the MRP will class it as

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on March 28, 2014, 11:42:13 AM
Quote from: Rusty00 on March 28, 2014, 11:17:12 AM

The thing that will help Dusty is the footage is impossible to tell and Simon White wasnt a person about it and didnt take a dive. To me it looked like an open handed jumper punch but who knows what the lottery of the MRP will class it as
unlike Waite's attempt for a free kick. Lol that was shocking acting