Started by LaHug, March 25, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: NigeyS on March 27, 2014, 10:19:04 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on March 27, 2014, 10:17:38 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2014, 10:14:26 AM
I'm guessing that would be Griffiths if it did happen
Yep, you'd think so.
Any of McDonough, Lloyd or Edwards could come in.
If we're taking out Griffiths, I can't imagine us putting Az in.  ???
BUt why would you take out a kpp because its wet only to replace them with another kpp

Doggoneit

Tipping the Tiges to win but with no confidence

Even if McDonough comes in as a late change the fact that he was omitted in the first place is enough for me to trade him out - to a player with much better JS.

Toga

Quote from: Ricochet on March 27, 2014, 10:52:08 AM
BUt why would you take out a kpp because its wet only to replace them with another kpp

He's not really a KPP though, he's a shorter forward that can play a lead-up role. But his defensive/tackling skills are also quite good so he'd probably be a better inclusion than Griffo in the wet.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 03:27:27 PM

He's not really a KPP though, he's a shorter forward that can play a lead-up role. But his defensive/tackling skills are also quite good so he'd probably be a better inclusion than Griffo in the wet.

Ricochet

Quote from: Toga on March 27, 2014, 03:27:27 PM

Yeh exactly he's a lead up fwd, who don't benefit from it being wet. If a team is replacing a key fwd because its wet, it'd be with a small fwd or extra midfielder because there will be more stoppages and the game will take more taxing on the midfielders than normal.

Toga

Yeah what I'm saying though is you get the best of both worlds with someone like Az IMO - he is still a really good marking player but is also much better at ground level & tackling than someone taller like Griffiths. He's kind of an inbetweener in that sense.

LaHug

Can't think of where else to post it so I'll post this here...

I'm thinking of setting the polls to lock at the start of the game (so set this one to lock at 7:45, for example) so that we get a better idea of how many actually tipped each team before the bounce, rather than people answering the poll with 5 minutes left in the game... Thoughts?

Jroo

Ricochet

LaHug

Welp... after that you can't actually set a time to lock it (you can set a number of days but that's not that helpful) so I'll just have to do my best to remember to lock it when the game starts. I'll be at the game tonight though so that won't be happening!

Nige

A pic of the G at 4:30pm, it's cleared up.

Ricochet

Ricochet

kilbluff1985

quit making fun of Melbourmes weather Ric ;D