Main Menu

Trade Talks

Started by eaglesman, March 25, 2014, 02:53:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

I do not think my side has any immediate trade concerns and ideally i think i would prefer to HOLD on my trades this week.

But I am just thinking it is just so critical to get your rookies correct that maybe it might be worth making one trade a week early to ensure you have 2 trades next week to fix up anything alarming.

I have $23k salary

For example I have Kolodjashnic Langford Langdon and Clurey in defence ... I think that getting bargain based player Georgiou is important and would take the place of Clurey. This would net me a player I feel has better job security than Clurey and has already scored higher thus will increase in price faster.

I am prepared to give Rohan another chance this week to prove his worth. I am also prepared to give Michie one more chance (avoided the rage trade) but I did not like what I saw and admittedly i am without knowledge of the melbourne list surely his job security can not be that good. These 2 player represent the most glaring issues for me on the field and it is possible that both I would want rectified by next week but obviously would not be able to do the georgiou trade as well.

Possible players I think that could replace Michie could be

- Jamie Bennell(feel he has solid JS, will score similar to michie and 50k cheaper)
-Matt Thomas (more expensive but any performance remotely similar to first up effort will see his price soar!!!!)
-Saunders (similar to above but i dont think i could do it)
-Ellard(lacks job security)

Possible players I think that could replace Rohan could be
- McCarthy (didnt score massive but he has a pulse and only 123k)
- Ambrose (Likewise)
- Jackson Merret (266k so would need to find some cash)
- Patton (hmm i dont like KPPs)
- Bock (hold onto rohan and make a little and get him in)
Others???

Anyways would like some opinions on trading a week early and the above possible trade options

Cheers community

Southstorm

To be blunt about it, Michie and Rohan are still safer options than anybody else you've listed to replace them and both of them are virtually guaranteed to play every game this year barring injury.

I don't see why you'd trade.

Ricochet

Keep Michie and Rohan.

And Georgiou may struggle for a spot when Garland comes back into the side. Hang onto Clurey for now

SydneyRox

Quote from: Southstorm on March 25, 2014, 02:58:35 PM
To be blunt about it, Michie and Rohan are still safer options than anybody else you've listed to replace them and both of them are virtually guaranteed to play every game this year barring injury.

Agreed. Rohan is defn best 22 for the swans and will improve, the conditions did not suit his game sytle and he is more likley to out score those you have listed. Michie is maybe more borderline in terms of best 22 @ Melb, but as good as anyone in your list except maybe Thomas. Would be wary of Bennell unless he does the same this week.

In any event, you should watch them all carefully this week before making any choices. 2weeks information, including if they get named rnd3 is much better than 1week

tor01doc

Only 30 trades left.

Treasure them.

I seem to remember that a trade was considered to be worth at least $150,000. I'd hold for now as Clurey should still make some money and won't be that far behind the lot you've listed.

eaglesman

Quote from: SydneyRox on March 25, 2014, 03:06:49 PM
Quote from: Southstorm on March 25, 2014, 02:58:35 PM

Agreed. Rohan is defn best 22 for the swans and will improve, the conditions did not suit his game sytle and he is more likley to out score those you have listed. Michie is maybe more borderline in terms of best 22 @ Melb, but as good as anyone in your list except maybe Thomas. Would be wary of Bennell unless he does the same this week.

In any event, you should watch them all carefully this week before making any choices. 2weeks information, including if they get named rnd3 is much better than 1week

I agree rohan is best 22 but cash generation is king and his will be slow! I know a lot of good coaches out there who have gone for mccarthy over rohan, I banked on rohan getting off to a flyer against gws and he just didnt
... Michie looked a full on hack to me ... As very passionate eagles supporter i would be absolutely shocked if bennell gets dropped this season ... looks critical for pace and a small defensive option ... but yes he is a next week option for sure ... thomas provides a scoring option if he belts out another 100 he is in for me ...
Quote from: tor01doc on March 25, 2014, 03:09:57 PM
Only 30 trades left.

Treasure them.

I seem to remember that a trade was considered to be worth at least $150,000. I'd hold for now as Clurey should still make some money and won't be that far behind the lot you've listed.
yes but the bloke has to play first and i can see the axe being threatening to his head down at port adelaide

Southstorm

Clurey played well on the contrary. He's a key defender, he's not a big scorer.

AaronKirk

Keep Michie and Clurey for another week and assess their performances. Then assess the alternatives before Round 3.

E-Lemon_ator

Sabretooth Tigers

8)
Wait a week, nothing else needs saying. Cheers.     :)