Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Grigg dominated in the VFL, so expect him to come in for Conca.
Lloyd has been quite, the last two weeks so Madonna could replace him.
Any other possible changes?

Nige

Nippa hasn't been bad as sub so I expect him to stay in the side as our sub.

Those are the two changes I'd make, but McDonough has to play forward (otherwise bring in O'Hanlon).

kilbluff1985

hope Miles bounces back after a quiet game

quinny88

2 dumb acts 2 weeks in a row could really hurt us  ::)
Really need a full strength side to get over the Bombers.

I'm trying my best not to get excited but if we win this game we will only be a game outside the 8

quinny88

Only 2 weeks for Conca.. Lucky man!

Toga

Actually was expecting about two weeks for the hit... It looked really bad and I don't condone it at all but didn't think it could be graded anything higher than 'medium impact' so the two-week ban with an early plea seems about right.

Still, very stupid thing to do and hope he pulls his head in when he comes back into the team. As already said, Grigg the obvious replacement for him this week.

kilbluff1985

Carlisle went in for scans on his knee so might not play :-X :'(

Toga

I would have confidence that Rance could hold him well anyway, but that could only help us... A very good player when in form

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on August 04, 2014, 05:58:33 PM
Actually was expecting about two weeks for the hit... It looked really bad and I don't condone it at all but didn't think it could be graded anything higher than 'medium impact' so the two-week ban with an early plea seems about right.

Still, very stupid thing to do and hope he pulls his head in when he comes back into the team. As already said, Grigg the obvious replacement for him this week.

Yeah I was more concerned about it getting taken straight to the tribunal as it was a strange incident.
Probably would have got a lot more if it did. Good result really, still stupid thing to do though.

Nige

It could have been a whole lot worse because the act was pretty despicable but I think the penalty is about right given the system. 

Jroo

Was expecting three weeks for Conca, so two is good.
If Rance didn't miss games, then he'd probably be leading our B&F, he's been great this season. I was looking forward to seeing how he would go against Carlisle.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on August 04, 2014, 06:33:35 PM
If Rance didn't miss games, then he'd probably be leading our B&F, he's been great this season. I was looking forward to seeing how he would go against Carlisle.
Is Carlisle sure to miss or is it just speculation?

If he does, that's a Bombers forward line without Carlisle, Joe and Ambrose. Who plays as their tall/main forward target?

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on August 04, 2014, 06:35:35 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on August 04, 2014, 06:33:35 PM

If he does, that's a Bombers forward line without Carlisle, Joe and Ambrose. Who plays as their tall/main forward target?
Just speculation atm.
Here's a tweet about him, so he may line up
@MattThompson: Essendon's Jake Carlisle has just had a scan on sore leg. Wasn't very chatty on way out. Reckons he'll be right to play against Tigers. @afl

Essendon also have Belly/Ryder up there. Not sure who else would come in.

Toga

Bellchambers would be the main forward target, why would Ambrose miss though? And apparently Ariel Steinberg has been close to debut over the last few weeks and I think he can play at either end

Nige

They did just elevate Steinberg who usually plays as the third tall at either end, maybe he'll come in.

Quote from: Toga on August 04, 2014, 06:43:05 PM

Bellchambers would be the main forward target, why would Ambrose miss though? And apparently Ariel Steinberg has been close to debut over the last few weeks and I think he can play at either end
Pretty sure I just read this afternoon that Ambrose has a fractured jaw.

Link to the thread: http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,98136.0.html