Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Congrats on a good career Pushup - not the most talented bloke but he sure did make the most of what he was given. Would have been nice to see him have a farewell game but sounds like he's made the right decision

Sam Lloyd, Benny Lennon, Brett O'Hanlon... Step up!

Toga

Vickery given 9 activation points for his hit on Cox, sent directly to the tribunal.

It's been judged as intentional, severe impact and high contact... So they've given him the highest possible grading for the hit. Will be interesting to see what they end up handing him.

Nige

I'm thinking 4 weeks, but they might just give him 5 and end his season. Given that it's the highest possible grading, it's not getting reduced to 3 like I thought it might.

The fact that he's already been suspended once before this season for two weeks definitely doesn't help.

I wonder where he plans to go for his holiday.  :P

elephants

My Tigers fan mate is hoping he gets suspended for the rest of his career :P

Mailman the 2nd

Can't help but get the feeling that they only put it that high because it was Cox he decked...

Vinny

Agreed. But it was still dirty as flower and he should be put away for life.

In other news, lots of talk on Jack Riewoldt to PSG or Barca for a packet of chips.

Ricochet

Cotchin could get a gig at Barca with those soccer skills

Jroo

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on July 28, 2014, 04:51:34 PM
Can't help but get the feeling that they only put it that high because it was Cox he decked...
Yep, I agree. Saw this here and thought it was spot on.

QuoteIf Ty was Stefan Martin, Cox was Charlie Dixon and this had taken place yesterday, we'd barely have heard a murmur about it. But Ty is Ty, Cox is Bambi.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on July 28, 2014, 05:54:07 PM

QuoteIf Ty was Stefan Martin, Cox was Charlie Dixon and this had taken place yesterday, we'd barely have heard a murmur about it. But Ty is Ty, Cox is Bambi.
Hahahahahaha, that's a good one!

elephants

Lol, really?

High contact? Obvs.
Intentional? Duh.
Severe Impact? It did KO him... This is probably the only one you could argue.

tor01doc

Quote from: JROO8 on July 28, 2014, 05:54:07 PM

If Ty was Lethal and Cox was a ranga, he'd .....

But if my Aunty had balls she'd be my Uncle.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2014, 08:21:16 PM

Lol, really?

High contact? Obvs.
Intentional? Duh.

Hardly severe contact, seemed more that they just tried to hastily pack him to the tribunal in fear they'd make a wrong decision.

elephants

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on July 28, 2014, 09:02:42 PM

Lol, really?

High contact? Obvs.
Intentional? Duh.

Hardly severe contact, seemed more that they just tried to hastily pack him to the tribunal in fear they'd make a wrong decision.

The way the MRP have ruled things though is a heavy influence of the injury suffered. Therefore, a punch to the head KOing a bloke for a minute is always going to be severe.

Ziplock

Quote from: elephants on July 28, 2014, 09:26:52 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on July 28, 2014, 09:02:42 PM

Lol, really?

High contact? Obvs.
Intentional? Duh.

The way the MRP have ruled things though is a heavy influence of the injury suffered. Therefore, a punch to the head KOing a bloke for a minute is always going to be severe.

With new emphasis on concussions etc... something that knocked someone out cold instantly for a while is going to be graded harshly.

kilbluff1985

they showed an interesting stat on 'on the couch' last night

when Anthony Miles is at stoppages you win 48.1% of them and lose 34.9% of them

when he is not at stoppages you win 32.3% of them and lose 51.6% of them

moral of the story is he is a gun  ;D