Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Also, happy 23rd Dusty.  :-* 8)

Vinny

Happy Birthday Dusty you beast.

Toga

So...Fyfe has resigned. Dangerfield it is I guess! :P

As for Mundy, I'm not sure.. At 28 I'm not sure his age really suits the structure of the team and we'd be better off going for a younger bloke who will be around for longer and has more development left in him. Wouldn't say no, just have others ahead of him.

Onya Dusty, doesn't seem like he's been around long enough for him to be chalking up #100 this weekend

Nige

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on June 26, 2014, 01:10:39 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 26, 2014, 11:12:36 AM
to be honest Richmond could do with a bit more leadership and experience to help them teach and develop, and also when needed in big games
Exactly.

Mundy's exactly the kind of player we could do with.

He's not the youngest target out there, but I really think he's probably the best fit for the current playing group.

Mundy turns 30 next year. Definitely not!
Offer danger a mountain of cash or don't bother I reckon

Nige

Newy and Ty in for Az and Hammer.

Lloyd, Arnot and BOH are the emgs.

quinny88

I've been more patient with Ty than most.
A lot of Richmond supporters want him gone. If I don't see something from him in the next few games I'm afraid I'll have to join them

Jroo

@FOXFOOTY: Nate Fyfe has just told Gerard and Robbo that he was offered a 7-year deal, but opted to stay with the @Fremantle_FC! #AFL360 - @FOXFOOTY

Rumours going around that it was us who had a crack at Fyfe, offering him the seven year deal.

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on June 26, 2014, 07:56:16 PM
I've been more patient with Ty than most.
A lot of Richmond supporters want him gone. If I don't see something from him in the next few games I'm afraid I'll have to join them
Yep, I'm still hoping he'll come good.

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on June 26, 2014, 08:00:33 PM
@FOXFOOTY: Nate Fyfe has just told Gerard and Robbo that he was offered a 7-year deal, but opted to stay with the @Fremantle_FC! #AFL360 - @FOXFOOTY

Rumours going around that it was us who had a crack at Fyfe, offering him the seven year deal.

I hope it was us. I want to know that we're being aggressive at trying to get a star to the tiges

Nige

"Richmond has prioritised quality midfielders and a key forward in the draft and is not expected to pursue Melbourne free agent defender James Frawley.

The Tigers expect to make six or seven changes to the list, with a number of players' futures still to be determined, but the club is staying the course and believes radical change is not necessary despite the team's disappointing fall this year.

Richmond is not likely to be aggressive in free agency, partly because few of the players potentially available fit their age profile. Fremantle's David Mundy, 29 next month, is considered too old for the Tigers, who are more likely to get involved in trades than chasing expensive free agents."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-eye-midfielders-forward-in-draft-20140628-zspop.html#ixzz365wZwUJV

There was also this little bit:

The Tigers signed a number of players on one-year contracts, which gives the club flexibility. Veterans Chris Newman and Jake King are among those out of contract, along with Ben Griffith.

nickstiges

That's confusing, who signed the one year contracts?

Nige

Quote from: nickstiges on June 30, 2014, 05:54:32 PM
That's confusing, who signed the one year contracts?
No idea tbh.  ???

Vinny

Well anyway, Mundy has signed for 3 years with Freo.

LF

Will Jackson squeeze his way back into the team this week do you think guys?