Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 10, 2014, 12:57:22 PM
It's really silly IMO to say Jack Riewoldt's goals didn't matter because then in perspective:

1. None of Travis Cloke's goals this entire season have mattered.
2. Chad Wingard's mark didn't matter.
3. Roughead's goals didn't matter, or any forward who kicked goals against a weaker team or when the game was over

Nothing Cameron kicked last year mattered at all.

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ziplock on June 10, 2014, 01:08:04 PM
Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on June 10, 2014, 12:57:22 PM
It's really silly IMO to say Jack Riewoldt's goals didn't matter because then in perspective:

1. None of Travis Cloke's goals this entire season have mattered.
2. Chad Wingard's mark didn't matter.
3. Roughead's goals didn't matter, or any forward who kicked goals against a weaker team or when the game was over

Nothing Cameron kicked last year mattered at all.

Exactly, Jeremy Cameron isn't a star of the future, he's only kicked about 20 goals that have mattered

ossie85

Travis Cloke has been poor, Wingard didn't matter really either as awesome as it was.

Roughy goals kept hawthorn in the match

My point is that jroo should kick goals that contribute to richmonds results.  Not even his fault really,  but at the moment he is on track to win his second Coleman and not make the all aus side in the same year

Rusty00

Quote from: ossie85 on June 10, 2014, 01:53:06 PM
Travis Cloke has been poor, Wingard didn't matter really either as awesome as it was.

Roughy goals kept hawthorn in the match

My point is that jroo should kick goals that contribute to richmonds results.  Not even his fault really,  but at the moment he is on track to win his second Coleman and not make the all aus side in the same year
Well really, whoever wins the Coleman this year wouldn't have really set the world alight. I don't know what the lowest amount of goals kicked to win a Coleman is, but this year is going to go close.

Mailman the 2nd

From what I can see only twice has the Coleman medal gone to the team 1st on the ladder since 2000, and only 3 times to the Premiers so essentially it doesn't really mean anything anyway.

Personally, it says to me Riewoldt is far from the problem at the Tigers at the moment. Him kicking the "important" goals is entirely up to how is team goes about playing

Jroo

Nige

Jroo

Toga

So Vickers and Thomas accept their suspensions.. Hampson/Az/BOH in for Vickery, Jackson or Conca in for Thomas?

Nige

Quote from: Toga on June 10, 2014, 08:46:08 PM
So Vickers and Thomas accept their suspensions.. Hampson/Az/BOH in for Vickery, Jackson or Conca in for Thomas?
Yeah, you'd think so.

Surely Jacko and Concs both come if they're fit.

Toga

Yeah you would think so, not sure who comes out? Maybe Petterd again, not sure how he played on the weekend though as I didn't get to watch the game. Wouldn't mind seeing Sammy Lloyd get another run as well, maybe its time Lennon has another rest.

elephants

So Griffiths hold his spot? He was very quiet on the weekend..

kilbluff1985

Quote from: elephants on June 10, 2014, 09:05:34 PM

would be the first dropped for me been quiet 2 weeks in a row

elephants

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on June 10, 2014, 09:06:46 PM
Quote from: elephants on June 10, 2014, 09:05:34 PM

would be the first dropped for me been quiet 2 weeks in a row

Yeah thats what I'm thinking, still holding him on my back bench in AF but his dpp has been mega-handy and if Langford aint back this week I'd love to keep Griff and cull Langers.

Toga

I was thinking about him as I wrote the above actually ele - personally I'm thinking he will get a rest as well. If both Griffiths and Vickery go out, Hampson and Aaron Edwards come in maybe?