Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Well they had to elevate him because he was an emergency. Means he was really really close.

If he doesn't play soon though, it makes you wonder whether there are still some deficiencies in his game that he needs to work out. Might also be the reason he didn't get many games at GWS.

Toga

It's pretty well publicised that he has needed to work on his disposal, and he even admitted this in his interview with Richo after he was elevated. But two weeks ago when he was tagged he still had 19 disposals and operated at 100% efficiency so not sure what it is at the moment.

Ricochet

Yeh and also thought maybe defensively he might not be there yet. But wouldn't have a clue tbh, it just got me wondering.

Toga

Just had a look at the article about the GWS players that come out of contract at the end of the season, I think Devon Smith is someone we should really have a look at poaching, certainly the kind of player we could use.

stew42

You don't deserve good players after what you've done with Miles :P

*bit of sarcasm there*

Nige

Quote from: Toga on June 04, 2014, 04:45:35 PM
Just had a look at the article about the GWS players that come out of contract at the end of the season, I think Devon Smith is someone we should really have a look at poaching, certainly the kind of player we could use.
I reckon he's been one of their best from day dot. I don't think they'll give him up easily, if at all.

Toga

He's outta contract though so, as we saw with Brisbane last year, negotiations can't be completely dictated by them. I know he wouldn't be cheap but he's the kind of damaging small forward that our team is lacking at the moment.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on June 04, 2014, 05:54:56 PM
He's outta contract though so, as we saw with Brisbane last year, negotiations can't be completely dictated by them. I know he wouldn't be cheap but he's the kind of damaging small forward that our team is lacking at the moment.
Hopefully the recruiting team decides to make a play then.

Ricochet

I wonder if they'd entertain the idea of grabbing ROK for a year to add a bit more grunt in the middle and leadership to the group

quinny88

Quote from: Ricochet on June 04, 2014, 06:01:00 PM
I wonder if they'd entertain the idea of grabbing ROK for a year to add a bit more grunt in the middle and leadership to the group

Richmond? I dont think we would.
We have certainly drafted recycled players in recent years but only ones for specific roles and all younger guys.
ROK is 33, someone that is pushing for a flag will snatch him up for a year

kilbluff1985

Nige

Richo's been inducted into the hall of fame.  8)

#champion

Toga

Great to hear, well deserved :)

kilbluff1985

since it's a Sunday game will be such a tease if Miles is in the 25 man squad but still dropped

Ricochet

Quote from: quinny88 on June 04, 2014, 10:38:59 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on June 04, 2014, 06:01:00 PM

Richmond? I dont think we would.
We have certainly drafted recycled players in recent years but only ones for specific roles and all younger guys.
ROK is 33, someone that is pushing for a flag will snatch him up for a year
Yeh. Was just thinking about it today. You should be pushing for a flag tbh. You look like a long way off it atm but last year you were there abouts. Not sure the ROK idea was a good one but he could add a bit to the squad even if only for a year