Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Rusty00

Hey guys, what's your thoughts on Lennon's JS? He was injured at the start of the year wasn't he?

Guys like Lloyd, Gordon, Arnott, McDonough have been in and out of the team as fringe players. Do we think Lennon is ahead of them all and will be a permanent fixture in the team now he's fully fit?

Jroo

Quote from: Rusty00 on May 28, 2014, 08:58:05 PM
Hey guys, what's your thoughts on Lennon's JS? He was injured at the start of the year wasn't he?

Guys like Lloyd, Gordon, Arnott, McDonough have been in and out of the team as fringe players. Do we think Lennon is ahead of them all and will be a permanent fixture in the team now he's fully fit?
Yea, ahead of them all.
The only reason why he didn't play at the start of the year was because he was injured.
I would get him in ahead of Cameron, if you can afford him.

Toga

I'm not sure Lennon was assured of a spot at the start of the season even if he was fit like Conca, Ellis, Vlastuin have been the last few years. So he's had to earn his spot in the team which I think is saying something about how he's performed in the VFL which has now transferred into a good start to his AFL career.

His two performances so far this season I would argue have been more solid then Gordon, Arnot & McDonough, with Lloyd coming close to him in terms of composure & effectiveness. But I think Lennon has cemented his spot in the side for the moment and barring a form slump he should retain his spot for a while yet!

LF

Maric back this week?
Miles in this week?

Toga

Yep, sounds like Maric will be back this week LF. Was BOG in the 2's at the weekend! Not sure who comes out for him though, my guess would be Hampson or Vickery but you never know.

As for Miles - who knows? We all thought he was guaranteed in last week but that didn't happen.. If Jackson doesn't come up (listed as a test) then you'd think you can lock him in, not sure what's the go though.

kilbluff1985

Jroo

I would've said earlier the week that Miles will play, but now Jacko looks as though he's fine.
50/50 on Maric, I wouldn't mind them giving him one more week in the VFL.

Nige

The Dreamtime game is a big game, Ivan will play imo.

BigMac_93

Maric looks set to play but it is a tough call on who goes out. Hampson, Griff and Vickery were all good last week and if one of them went out it would be harsh.

Ricochet

Apparently Vickery didn't train this morning

Nige

I think Ty would be the most logical omission tbh... structure wise. Could drop Hampson though, not sure if that will happen or not.

Toga

I think Hampson would be the more logical omission tbh as I think Vickery is the better forward out of the two (whelp). But he's been rucking fairly well so would be a bit harsh to drop him..

kilbluff1985

Quote from: JROO8 on May 28, 2014, 09:58:22 PM
I would've said earlier the week that Miles will play, but now Jacko looks as though he's fine.

Miles :'(

Ricochet

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on May 29, 2014, 01:10:05 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on May 28, 2014, 09:58:22 PM

Miles :'(
He's still a chance KB!

http://www.sen.com.au/display-article-2013/Maric-a-strong-change-to-return/65047

2013 Jack Dyer medalist Daniel Jackson looks unlikely to take his place this weekend after he was subbed out against the Giants with a leg injury. The midfielder trained away from the main group on Thursday morning being restricted to only stationery drills.