Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstiges

Quote from: quinny88 on May 22, 2014, 09:01:47 PM
Aside from him it looks like dimma is backing in the same underperformance blokes. Only one unforced change to the side which is just a kid going out..
Kind of hope we lose so he is forced to make some harsher calls on guys like Grigg, Vickery etc

This was the week to make the tough calls following a shock season ending loss, this weekend's game is meaningless for supporters (other than watching Lennon) without changes to the side and forced ones don't count.
Dropping Lloyd is ridiculous it's almost as if he's being blamed for losing us the game against Melbourne.

Toga

Omfg I can't believe we didn't name Miles. And wtf why drop Lloyd? While he wasn't fantastic last week don't think you could ask for a whole lot when it seemed like the delivery was pretty ordinary.

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on May 22, 2014, 07:11:41 PM
I reckon Miles is every chance to be a late in if Cotchin's ankle isn't right in time

Seems too bizarre to upgrade him only to be an emergency

This is one thing that crossed my mind, and it could be tactical from Dimma if Cotch isn't right to leave it till the last minute to pull him out... Who knows though.

elephants

My fantasy teams hate ya Dimma.

Nige

Quote from: tabs on May 22, 2014, 09:08:45 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on May 22, 2014, 07:11:19 PM
Okay yeah, we're tanking.

Grigg and Vickery are still in the side, like what the actual flower?
does this mean you are back on the Tiges and have given the Suns the flick??
Have you been dead for the past week?

quinny88

Quote from: Noz on May 19, 2014, 09:52:41 PM
Richmond dont have any chance at all this week they will get embarrassed again against the Giants this week and will become the first ever team to loose to Melbourne, Giants and the Suns in the one year.

Mailman the 2nd

I think while Richmond are playing much better today , I still think they could've produced the same performance as last week and still beaten GWS by 30+

ossie85

Honestly,  if I was a richmond supporter, this game would annoy me more than the melbourne match

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on May 24, 2014, 04:08:52 PM
Honestly,  if I was a richmond supporter, this game would annoy me more than the melbourne match
May I ask why (think I know why but...)?

ossie85

Play really well when it doesn't matter

play badly when it does

quinny88

Quote from: ossie85 on May 24, 2014, 04:08:52 PM

It does.. It's a response though at least and hopefully a confidence boost to roll into the 2nd half of the season.
Not getting carried away, it's GWS and our season is still 90% likely to be over but from the bashing we have copped in the media and internally lately it's good to see them show something.

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on May 24, 2014, 04:12:30 PM
Play really well when it doesn't matter

play badly when it does
Yep, thought as much.

As quinny said, it is annoying. But, as he also said - it's a confidence booster and a response at the very least.

It would have been even more annoying had we come out and only won by a couple of goals, or worse... lost.

ossie85

I disagree,  reckon this thrashing could give the players a false impression of where they are at

Mailman the 2nd

I don't think so, GWS has been all over the place since round 3 I think most teams don't really take a whole lot away from it.

This game was more about pressure from outside

Nige

Quote from: ossie85 on May 24, 2014, 04:18:53 PM
I disagree,  reckon this thrashing could give the players a false impression of where they are at
I think Dimma will offer the boys a stern reminder that we've just played GWS, that we're still only 3-6 and that he's not gonna be happy unless we win the crucial Dreamtime game next week against a much better club than this week.

quinny88

It's funny.. The general consensus was that it was a 50/50 game.. We win by 111 points and all of a sudden "it's only GWS". No one is getting ahead of themselves but it's a win we needed and we did it the best possible way.

The club aren't stupid, they will put the points in the bag and look straight to the dreamtime game