Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Ricochet on May 20, 2014, 03:12:19 PM
Fantasy Freako ‏@FantasyFreako  5m
Anthony Miles has been promoted to the senior list and one would expect him to face his former side GWS this week. #AFLFantasy #SuperCoach

so happy would post a happy dance gif but cbf

to bad i don't have to name a BXV team this week :'(

quinny88

Quote from: ossie85 on May 20, 2014, 06:31:09 AM

Having players isn't depth. Each team has 40 odd players. Having quality is depth.

Richmond do not have good depth, you only have to look at the bottom 6 players playing for the Tigers to see this

Our team is out of form. They were fine last year, they are fine this year just playing like crap and more kids being played as a result of injuries/form. Not concerned with our depth at all

quinny88

Well done to miles. Has earned his shot the way a player should be made to earn it. Consistent good form in the VFL

kilbluff1985

Nige

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: ossie85 on May 20, 2014, 06:31:09 AM

Having players isn't depth. Each team has 40 odd players. Having quality is depth.

Richmond do not have good depth, you only have to look at the bottom 6 players playing for the Tigers to see this

^

Toga

Quote from: Noz on May 19, 2014, 09:52:41 PM
- Most of these players peaked last year, this is showing this year as none of the players are playing better then they did last year, Nor is anyone having a breakout year where ever other club has at least one player breaking out.

You've hit the nail on the head with this point definitely Noz. Last year a lot of our players had career best years and that's why we progressed so far up the ladder, and while this year other clubs have had breakout players, we definitely haven't.

I'd argue that David Astbury has 'broken out' as a player but then again he is a key defender so there's only so much his break out can achieve for us... We need our rebounding & offensive players to exceed expectations if we want to improve as a team.

But yeah, I completely agree with your point here mate! :)

Toga

Quote from: Noz on May 19, 2014, 10:17:59 PM
Oh yes i did forget about Houli i will say he has been quite a good player at his time in Richmond but does he belong at half back? He normally gets caught out in one on one contests i just feel he would be a lot better if he was giving the ability to play further up the ground maybe as a wingmen. Would like to hear your thoughts on the Houli case.

This is also an interesting idea and I quite like it tbh. I am a big fan of Houli and think his penetration and willingness to kick the footy (rather than look for stupid handballs, see: Dan Jackson) is a big asset to us, but I know a lot of Tigers supporters aren't big fans of him because he can be quite poor defensively.

Moving Houli to a wing (Ellis on the other wing) in place of Grigg could be a very good move!

Toga

On another note, woo! Stoked for Miles. Has been in good form in the VFL and hopefully will teach the rest of the team a thing or two about how to win the contested ball.

shaker

Good to see Miles finally being elevated don't know why it took quite so long , the Tiges have recruited to many rejects of late instead of investing in more youth and we are paying the price , also saw that Shane Edwards has been given another 2 year contract thought they might have said goodbye to him as he really has not shown any improvement in the last couple of years he still goes missing when things get a bit tough , totally disappointed with them this year but just hoping they can turn it around who knows  :(

Vinny

Toga

I like Titch Edwards, glad he signed on. I know his development has stalled a bit of late but he can still be a very dangerous small forward to add to the midfield rotations.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on May 21, 2014, 07:49:25 PM
I like Titch Edwards, glad he signed on. I know his development has stalled a bit of late but he can still be a very dangerous small forward to add to the midfield rotations.
Agreed, I think he's pretty dangerous when he's up and going.

Nige

I particularly liked Titch's game after he came on as the sub, that was good. He did okay last week too.

shaker

Quote from: Toga on May 21, 2014, 07:49:25 PM

Agree that at the moment the cupboard is a bit bare for dangerous small forwards but I think he developing days are over have not seen really any change in him for the last 2 or 3 years but he is far from alone and like I said hoping they can turn it around , this week against GWS it is the Tiges most important game of the year failure will send them back to pre 2013 times