Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MTTY

Quote from: quinny88 on May 19, 2014, 03:05:44 PM
Oh wow... So me stating that Melbourne are a bottom side is having a dig? Captain obvious could have made those calls. I bet I could find as many posts from anyone that has muttered a word about the dees in the past 12 months.

What would you have liked my posts to be? :o "Melbourne are a top 8 side not a bottom side"
They were just obvious statements based on the fact that they had won like 5 games in 2 years...

1. No, but you using words like 'shower' and 'worst' is having a dig.

2. Didn't say you couldn't, but i'm not talking about them. I'm talking about you.

3. No, I would have liked you to actually call us a bottom side, as opposed to 'shower' or 'worst'

quinny88

You were shower and the worst team when I said that! I wasn't having a dig I was just saying it how it was.. Sorry for not using it in a polite manner as to not offend you ::)
Guess what, I say a lot worse about my own club when we play bad so don't take it personally. No vendetta against Melbourne I just don't beat around the bush and say things as I see them

MTTY

Quote from: quinny88 on May 19, 2014, 03:15:30 PM
You were shower and the worst team when I said that! I wasn't having a dig I was just saying it how it was.. Sorry for not using it in a polite manner as to not offend you ::)

Well to me if you call something or someone 'shower' it's offensive and having a dig.

I'll leave it at that, as this is way off topic now.

elephants

Vinny

quinny88

Quote from: MTTY on May 19, 2014, 03:18:01 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on May 19, 2014, 03:15:30 PM

Well to me if you call something or someone 'shower' it's offensive and having a dig.

I'll leave it at that, as this is way off topic now.

How long have you followed Melbourne? :o You must get offended every day if you find it offensive every time people call them shower?

TeeJay

He's a Melbourne supporter. Don't you know they are all senior aged scholars that smoke wooden pipes, drive range rovers and spend more of the winter in their log cabins at the snow than at the actual footy. They find cheering at the football offensive so they sit and clap politely and say "jolly good" when they kick a goal then go back to reading their novel in the MCC members stand

Ringo

Careful Tee Jay Comments starting to get a little offensive now. You can have banter without these offensive remarks.

TeeJay

Quote from: Ringo on May 19, 2014, 03:45:08 PM
Careful Tee Jay Comments starting to get a little offensive now. You can have banter without these offensive remarks.

:-X

stew42

So anyway...

When can Miles claim his glory in the seniors? Really needing a mid downgrade soon...

stew42

Whoops just saw the discussion the next thread down. As you were :)

Nige

Quote from: stew42 on May 19, 2014, 04:41:09 PM
So anyway...

When can Miles claim his glory in the seniors? Really needing a mid downgrade soon...
He'll almost certainly get upgraded when each team gets their perma-upgrade for the rest of the season. I think that happens Round 12?

Jroo

QuoteDamien Hardwick says he will reward VFL form so you can put the house on Anthony Miles being promoted from the rookie list to take on his old side. He had another 32 touches against Box Hill on Saturday.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-afl-barometer-whos-hot-whos-not-and-whos-in-line-for-selection-in-round-10/story-fncufbo5-1226922729390

Nige

Miles vs his old side should be a beauty, especially if his VFL form translate to AFL level.

Nige

INJURIES

Jake King (toe) 7-9 weeks
Chris Knights (knee soreness) test
Chris Newman (calf) 4-6 weeks
David Astbury (knee) indefinite
Jake Batchelor (Achilles soreness) TBC
Trent Cotchin (ankle) test

ON THE BLOCK: This could be a long list. Skipper Trent Cotchin (ankle) is confident he'll be right to play despite coach Damien Hardwick taking a more conservative approach. So many players were disappointing against Melbourne and for many it's a serious trend. Troy Chaplin and Bachar Houli are leaders at the club but they aren't showing it on the field, Ty Vickery is Ty Vickery, Shaun Grigg can find the pill but butchers it, Ben Griffiths shows signs but can't put four quarters together, Brandon Ellis has stalled in his development and Steve Morris might not be able to cut it at this level. There will be one forced change against the Giants with luckless defender David Astbury - one of the few Tiger improvers this year - out with another knee injury.

ON THE CUSP: Damien Hardwick says he will reward VFL form so you can put the house on Anthony Miles being promoted from the rookie list to take on his old side. He had another 32 touches against Box Hill on Saturday as did Matt Thomas - and at least you can rely on those two to put their heads over the ball. Dylan Grimes will replace Astbury while Ricky Petterd and Brad Helbig were in the best again and Ivan Maric got through a half OK, but Hardwick says he needs a couple more weeks to be ready for AFL action.

AL PATON'S FORECAST: Oh boy. Forget finals calculations, the Tigers need to figure out how to play a winning brand of football. The slick transition that made Richmond great to watch in 2013 has disappeared, but then it's hard to get the game on your terms if you can't win the footy in the first place. Maybe some players thought the improvement curve of the past four years would continue and forgot that requires hard work. Some hard questions will be asked at Punt Rd this week and if there isn't a response against GWS there could be a nationwide power failure as microwaves go into a membership-frying meltdown.

That's rather accurate and well said imo.