Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomK

Quote from: quinny88 on April 27, 2014, 08:47:33 PM
Quote from: TomK on April 27, 2014, 08:45:41 PM
It's funny you guys all hating on Grigg but he actually got named in the best players today. http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-27/cyril-hawks-crush-tigers

He floated around the backline and gathered possessions so sure, stats wise he looks fine but he plays with no desperation or heart. Needs a spell imo
Yeah, I saw none of the game so I don't know how we went but I just thought it was interesting he was named in the bests, that's all.

Toga

Yeah saw that the other day Vin, kicked three in the ANZAC day clash against Frankston on Friday. I'd like to see him perform well in a loss though, as the weekend before he kicked 1 goal among 11 possessions when Williamstown defeated the Richmond VFL.

Needs to show he's not a flat-track bully and can kick goals when we really need them :P

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on April 27, 2014, 09:13:51 PM
Yeah saw that the other day Vin, kicked three in the ANZAC day clash against Frankston on Friday. I'd like to see him perform well in a loss though, as the weekend before he kicked 1 goal among 11 possessions when Williamstown defeated the Richmond VFL.

Needs to show he's not a flat-track bully and can kick goals when we really need them :P

Vickery can kick goals. He was kicking goals in the seniors to but its his defensive acts and laziness that has him back in the VFL. He needs to be splitting packs, chasing, tackling all of those things. Right now if he doesnt take the mark he is useless

Vinny

flower haha stupid copy and paste.

There was heaps more talking about attitude and stuff haha, and Edwards, Lennon and Miles.

elephants

I don't think you guys are in as bad a possie as you think!

You're 2-4 and have lost some very winnable games. Looking ahead though you have the Catters next week in what should be a belter. The Cats were clobbered by Port tonight and the Tiges always save their best footy for Hawks/Cats/Pies. Even if you go down, you've got a week off then Melbourne, the Giants before Dream-Time at the G. If you snag a win against the Cats or Dons and account for the Dees and Giants you'll be sitting at 6-6 at round 12. All won't be lost!

Toga

I think you're right there ele and that's what I was trying to say before - IMO the only game we've dropped now that really should have been a win was that 3 point loss to the Doggies. All the others have been against quality opponents.

Hopefully we can be competitive against the Cats next week and then really give it a crack after the byes with some very winnable games.

Toga

Nige

Ricochet

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-29/lennon-debut-looming

Richmond's first choice in the 2013 AFL National Draft, Ben Lennon, is in line to make his senior debut for the Club, against Geelong at the MCG next Sunday.

Lennon, who was taken by the Tigers at pick 12 overall, has been in impressive form with Richmond's VFL team during the past few weeks.

The talented teenage utility player was named as an emergency for Richmond's AFL side in last Sunday's clash with Hawthorn, and coach Damien Hardwick has declared him right in the mix for the Round 7 match against the Cats.

"He'll be close," Hardwick said.

"He reminds me a little bit of a (Geelong's Andrew) Mackie type... he can play tall, small, uses the ball well, and he marks it well.

"So, he'll be thereabouts this week."

Jroo

Yeah I reckon it's pretty close to 100% that he comes in.
Not sure what this means for Lloyd, though.

nickstiges

Lennon is playing half back in the VFL not small forward, Lloyd shouldn't make way for him. McDonough or Newman maybe.

Jroo

Quote from: nickstiges on April 29, 2014, 11:58:54 AM
Lennon is playing half back in the VFL not small forward, Lloyd shouldn't make way for him. McDonough or Newman maybe.
I know. I'm not saying he's going to replace Lloyd up forward, but he's the guy that will probably have to make way. I'd like to see McDonough given another go.

Nige

The ins and outs this week will be interesting.

BigMac_93

I will be interested to see who makes way for Rance. I am not sure we can play all 4 of Rance, Grimes, Chaplin and Astbury.