Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: elephants on April 27, 2014, 02:00:51 AM
Lads, is there any possibility that Lloyd could be sub tomorrow? Basically my only chance in a number of league matches due to having Fasolo as a unique in many head2heads :'(

Really doubt it mate we need him in our forward line as our main goalkicking small forward.

The sub will probably be between McDonough (most likely), Matty Arnot or Nathan Gordon. ;)

Nige

Bikkies and Nippa have both shown that they can be effective for a full game, so I'm hoping Dimma shows some faith there and gives Madonna the vest.

elephants

Haha bugger thanks guys. Can't believe I took Fasolo over him!!

Ricochet

AW Football ‏@3AWisfootball  2m
Thomas: 'Deledio will play next week, he was touch and go for today' #AFLTigersHawks

Vinny

What is the deal with Matt Thomas, was the injury bad? Should be back this week right?

Toga

What has Dusty done to his arm?! :o

Toga

Dan Jackson and Ricky Petterd were flowering terrible today I thought.

Shaun Grigg and Troy Chaplin were the only two players on our list that didn't register one tackle today... That's saying something IMO.

Conca played a good game I thought, Gordon was again really good with his run, and Jack & Cotch battled well.

Josh Gibson is piss weak and hope he gets weeks for that softcock hit on Conca.

Nige

Jacko had a poor 150th.

Ricky was very poor.

Grigg had a good second quarter, but that was it.

Chappy didn't stand out.

Conca did well for a fair portion of the game.

Nippa impressed, I'd like to see more of him.

Jack was arguably our best today, it was just a shame that he missed a few that he probably would have got any other day.

Cotch fought a bit and didn't let the tag fully get the better of him.

Brandy had a fantastic game, probably equal with Jack for our best today.

Dusty had a shower one, there's nothing else to say.

Jroo

Chaplin has been horrible this year.
Luckily Astbury has realllly stepped up.
Shocking performance today, Hawks were CLEARLY too good.

Toga

Do you think Chaplin could be dropped when Rance comes back in? Hasn't been himself this year, same as Vickery.

Nige

It seems like the right move, but I'm not so sure it will happen.

Petterd looks likely to make way for Rance.
McDonough or Arnot for Lids.

BigMac_93

We desperately need Lids, Ivy and Rance to come back. Hampson dosen't do enough around the ground for me, good tap ruckman but not much else. Grimes has not looked himself this year either, and Petterd has the occasional good game but far too inconsistent.

Jroo

Quote from: BigMac_93 on April 27, 2014, 07:27:07 PM
We desperately need Lids, Ivy and Rance to come back. Hampson dosen't do enough around the ground for me, good tap ruckman but not much else. Grimes has not looked himself this year either, and Petterd has the occasional good game but far too inconsistent.
Agree about Hampson.
Petterd too, I'm not his biggest fan

quinny88

We need a shake up here. We are limping into the bye and the season is all but gone.
May as well try a few things.  Best 22 after the bye?

FB: Morris, Astbury, Grimes

HB: Houli, Rance, Newman

C:  Ellis, Deledio, Jackson

HF: Martin, Griffiths, Knights

FF: A.Edwards, Riewoldt, Lennon

Foll: Maric, Cotchin, Conca

I/C: Arnot, McBean, Vlastuin Sub: Gordon

Chaplin is not up to it. I dont know if there is an injury or what the problem is but he needs a spell until he finds form. Asbury is in all Australian form down back. Keeping all of the best forwards to low numbers and Rance will be back.

Vickery can stay in the 2's until he learns how to chase and show some heart. King has a toe injury which explained his lack of pace and attack.

Grigg and Petterd need a spell. They should only ever be fill in players if we have injuries. I dont know why they seem to be automatic starters in the best 22 every week.

Hampson has done his job. Maric will be back but I dont think it would be wise to play him as a forward. Would rather Griffiths play that role and fill in for Maric.

Toga

Yeah I like the look of that team quinny. Although surely they won't drop Newman :-X

I'd also probably have Lloyd in there over McBean otherwise we're gonna be too tall IMO. But yeah a shakeup is in order.