Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

elephants

I like Griffiths a lot. He can take a mark, has an enormous boot when he gets onto it, can pinch-hit in the ruck... I wish I had him in more fantasy teams and not just AF!

Jroo

Quote from: elephants on April 19, 2014, 11:02:15 AM
I like Griffiths a lot. He can take a mark, has an enormous boot when he gets onto it, can pinch-hit in the ruck... I wish I had him in more fantasy teams and not just AF!
Us Tiger fans have been saying this for years, we've know he'll come good one day. He's been one of our best players so far. Happy I got on in every comp apart from SC.

quinny88

God this is a tight competition now. Early in the season but we almost have to pinch one of the next 2 games against Hawthorn or Geelong to have any hope of top 4 and perhaps top 8.

I have no doubt things will change throughout the season. Injuries, form, the draw will all play a part at different stages for all teams but at this stage I break the finals contenders into these sections..

The certainties:
1. Hawthorn
2. Geelong
3. Fremantle

The next best:
4. Port Adelaide
5. Collingwood

The hot and colds:
6. West Coast
7. North Melb
8. Sydney
9. Essendon
10. Richmond

Think the top 8 is between these 10 and if we dont get some players back quickly and start playing good footy were going to find it hard.

Toga

So looks like Rance trained yesterday.. If he comes back in, surely we can't take all of him, Chaplin, Astbury and Grimes into the game this weekend?

Who do we think holds their spot and who goes?

Nige

Quote from: Toga on April 23, 2014, 09:58:47 PM
So looks like Rance trained yesterday.. If he comes back in, surely we can't take all of him, Chaplin, Astbury and Grimes into the game this weekend?

They've all got strong cases for staying in... tough one.

Chaplin's the most experienced, Grimes is arguably the best at full fitness and Astbury's form so far this year has been amazing.

I can't pick it.

Vinny

Quote from: quinny88 on April 20, 2014, 10:04:23 PM

The certainties:
1. Hawthorn
2. Geelong
3. Fremantle

The next best:
4. Port Adelaide
5. Collingwood

The hot and colds:
6. West Coast
7. North Melb
8. Sydney
9. Essendon
10. Richmond

Think the top 8 is between these 10 and if we dont get some players back quickly and start playing good footy were going to find it hard.
+1 spot on Quinny,

quinny88

Quote from: NigeyS on April 23, 2014, 10:53:06 PM

Chaplin's the most experienced, Grimes is arguably the best at full fitness and Astbury's form so far this year has been amazing.

I can't pick it.

Chappy has been terrible this year but I think they will play all 4. Astbury, Rance and Chappy will go to any of Gunston, Rough, and Hale. Grimes can play tall or small so can go to someone like Breust

Nige

Quote from: quinny88 on April 24, 2014, 02:37:32 AM

I can't pick it.

Chappy has been terrible this year but I think they will play all 4. Astbury, Rance and Chappy will go to any of Gunston, Rough, and Hale. Grimes can play tall or small so can go to someone like Breust
Yeah, I know. I didn't say anything about his form, just that he's the most experienced. All four bring something to the table, but I can't workout who will miss from the 22 that played Brisbane.

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on April 24, 2014, 02:37:32 AM

I can't pick it.

Yeah well said, Grimes can definitely play small. I think we can play all of Grimes, Astbury, Rance and Chappy.

Also, Ty Vickery? I think he comes back this week, we can really stretch the Hawks' defence. Apart from Lake, Gibson and Cheney (who may be dropped) aren't big.

Toga

I want to see Grimes play on Gunston, I reckon that would be a great match up :P

And Jroo yea you're probably right there, the Hawks' defence is a bit undersized atm so that could be a good move bringing in Vickery. Not sure his form warrants a recall though :-\

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on April 24, 2014, 09:26:43 AM
I want to see Grimes play on Gunston, I reckon that would be a great match up :P

And Jroo yea you're probably right there, the Hawks' defence is a bit undersized atm so that could be a good move bringing in Vickery. Not sure his form warrants a recall though :-\
Yeah agreed, his from doesn't warrant selection, but we don't really have any other talls. McBean and Elton aren't ready, while Azza Edwards is injured (when he's fit I'd like to see him in the side).
Another option could be bring in the Big O and move Hampson forward, but Hampson is a much better ruckman than Big O, so I guess Ty will probably come in.

Toga

Az is listed as a test this week (same as Rance & Lids).

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on April 24, 2014, 09:47:35 AM
Az is listed as a test this week (same as Rance & Lids).
Oh, didn't realise that, cheers Toga.
Well, if he's ready he deserves a go.

Jroo

@TravKing_AFL: No Ty Vickery again this week for @Richmond_FC - will play VFL. Deledio, Maric still training away from main group. http://t.co/6gZXK7uls9