Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Holy shower just realised Hampson had 52 hitouts! Wouldn't have realised watching the game. That's pretty huge - Trent West is a spud though :P

nickstiges

Griggs 29 touches 0 tackles, fantastic pressure...

Donnie Brasco

Does Troy Chaplin possess any skills?

Does anyone else think we've got far too many recycled players from other clubs? Not one of them can kick.

Donnie Brasco

Jroo

I'm just happy we got the four points.
I though Petterd was superb tonight. Hampson was decent in the ruck, but he doesn't look 100%.
Jack looked like he was back to his best in the first half, hopefully he plays like that for the rest of the year.

As pointed out above, Grigg finds the ball but doesn't do much else. I can't see him being dropped though.

nickstiges

Griffiths played very well second fiddle to Jack & Hammer though, very impressive.

Nige

Do we think Ty could find himself on the outer?

Toga

Absolutely. Hampson, Griff & Jroo obviously ahead of him at the moment so will have to find something to get back in the team.

Hammer looked a bit sore last night though so hopefully he pulls up ok.

Nige

Not to mention my main man McJesus knocking on the door.  ;)

TheAnt

Quote from: Donnie Brasco on April 18, 2014, 12:09:37 AM
Quote from: Toga on April 17, 2014, 11:55:58 PMThat's pretty huge - Trent West is a premiership ruckman
So is Brent Renouf and Mark Blake  ::) What's your point?
Quote from: Donnie Brasco on April 18, 2014, 12:05:10 AM
Does Troy Chaplin possess any skills?

Does anyone else think we've got far too many recycled players from other clubs? Not one of them can kick.
Light years away from the form he displayed last year, been soft to be honest. It's only now that people are commenting on our recycled players just because we've been rubbish at the start of the year. Not a huge issue given most of them are players we didn't spend a lot on. Still, Matt Thomas should only be in the team if Dan Jackson isn't. Piss him off now thanks.

quinny88

Yeah not sure anyone can question our recycled players.

Look at it this way..
We got all of these guys except Hampson for next to nothing

Houli could barely get a game at Essendon and has become an elite running half back
Grigg we got for Collins. Pretty sure Collins played a handful of Games for Carlton then was delisted
Maric couldnt get a game at Adelaide and has become one of the better rucks in the comp with us
Chappy has had a slow start to the season as half our team has but last year was a rock in defence
Petterd Im not conviced on completely but he has been handy
Hampson couldnt get a game with Carlton and has saved us in the ruck. We would have been stuffed without him.
Matt Thomas couldnt get a game at Port and would probably be top 3 in our B&F at the moment

Then the others are fringe players like Edwards who has done good things, Stephenson provides a back up in the ruck, Knights was playing well before doing his knee and Gordon who hasnt had enough games to form an opinion

Think we have had a pretty good strike rate. The jury is still out on a few but I think we have got the better trade/deal on all of those

kilbluff1985

got some Bomber mates giving me shower for having Houli i my SC team they reckon he is crap don't know wtf they are on this was like a few weeks ago

Bully

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 18, 2014, 11:05:20 PM
got some Bomber mates giving me shower for having Houli i my SC team they reckon he is crap don't know wtf they are on this was like a few weeks ago

I bet if he was playing for them they would be gushing with praise. It's the old Bomber mentality, anything they reject must be useless. Funny thing is that James Hird begged and pleaded for him to stay, I reckon Houli would be counting his lucky stars he stood firm and told him to rack off.

elephants

Donnie Brasco