Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Quote from: Honey Badger on April 13, 2014, 12:22:42 PM
Quote from: elephants on April 13, 2014, 12:14:04 PM
Cotch was clearly pretty filthy, I don't think he should get anything but I have a horrible feeling the MRP will give him a week...
Clearly the MRP have money on Danger to win the Brownlow, but since he's started off poorly they are eliminating the competition so he wins by default. First Rocky, then Fyfe and now Cotchin ;)
I'll be damned. I think the Honey Fan is on to something.  :o

Inb4 left field winner - Cooney style.

Ricochet

Quote from: NigeyS on April 13, 2014, 12:25:11 PM
Cotch was clearly pretty filthy, I don't think he should get anything but I have a horrible feeling the MRP will give him a week...
Clearly the MRP have money on Danger to win the Brownlow, but since he's started off poorly they are eliminating the competition so he wins by default. First Rocky, then Fyfe and now Cotchin ;)

stand up ZDawson

Ringo

Had not thought about it like that HB but maybe you are on to something,

With Cotch now going public with his suggestion of illegal tactics do you think umps may start paying attention to taggers.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-04-13/tag-tactics-illegal-cotch

It seems to me watching games at the moment there seems to be a fair latitude on the holding rule.  Maybe it is time to firm up and if a hold is there pay it.  Not easy to decipher though inn some cases when both appear to be holding but I have seen quite a few obvious ones this round not paid.

Toga

Nige

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-13/vfl-tigers-notch-first-win

Our VFL side beat Coburg by 42 points.  :)

Foley, Miles, Stephenson, O'Hanlon and McDonough were some of the standouts.

quinny88

Could drop half the team after that performance but that's not going to happen.

Drop Vickery please! Bring Azza Edwards or Knights in for him.
Fingers crossed Lids will be back, we need him bad!
Ivan and Rance can't get back soon enough either!

Some blokes are seriously down on confidence at the moment. Can happen so quick in footy but on the bright side it can turn around the other way very quickly to.
Haven't seen chappy play so poorly since being at the club. Cotchin frustrated and completely tagged out of a game is very rare (although the tactics were questionable) no run or dare in our game at the moment.

A good win against Brisbane could ignite our season and give us the confidence to get going but I'm afraid if we lose then it's curtains on our season. You may think that's a premature call but looking at the season and form so far and we can safely say that hawthorn, Geelong and Freo are all certainties to make the 8. Port are probably the next best at the moment then there are 4 spots remaining which I think are between North, West Coast, Essendon, Sydney, Collingwood and us. We are the worst performing of those teams and the least likely to make it at this stage. Things can and will change though so we just need to make sure it's us that makes the move first.

Very interested to see how we perform this Thursday night. Massive game for us

Ringo

Massive game for Brisbane as well so should be a great game. I will be there cheering for Brisbane though and just hoping for a competitive game.  Should be fine as well according to Weather forecasts.

Rusty00

Quote from: Ricochet on April 13, 2014, 12:28:38 PM

stand up ZDawson
He's already suspended as well :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Rusty00 on April 14, 2014, 09:18:14 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 13, 2014, 12:28:38 PM

stand up ZDawson
He's already suspended as well :P
haha damn, HB is definitely on to something then!

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on April 14, 2014, 02:07:18 AM
Drop Vickery please! Bring Azza Edwards or Knights in for him.

This - the team seems a bit tall atm and one of those smaller guys that can play tall would be perfect. Although iirc I think they might both be injured atm :(

Anyone else that can play that position? Could Benny Lennon, O'Hanlon, McDonough be the guys we might look at bringing in?

Nige

Beatle (188) and O'Hanlon (189) are the right size.

Think McDonough (180) is a bit shorter.

Ricky (185) and Nippa (186) could possibly do it as well.

Jroo

Lids won't play this week.
Brisbane will be missing some too though, Rich, Hanley and Berger.

About Tyrone, maybe he's carrying some sort of injury, as he's been shocking in most games this year. I'm not sure if you could hear it on TV but there was a massive cheer when Ty was subbed off.

Vinny

Lloyd to last to the byes, right?

Ringo

Quote from: JROO8 on April 14, 2014, 11:29:14 AM

About Tyrone, maybe he's carrying some sort of injury, as he's been shocking in most games this year. I'm not sure if you could hear it on TV but there was a massive cheer when Ty was subbed off.
Also Merrett still suspended from Brisbane.

Jroo

Quote from: Ringo on April 14, 2014, 11:41:04 AM
Quote from: JROO8 on April 14, 2014, 11:29:14 AM

Also Merrett still suspended from Brisbane.
Yeah another important out, knew I forgot someone.