Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nige

Ricochet

Guys wtf? Had you boys as a top 3 side. What is going on?

elephants

Astbury was solid but for reals, I could keep Cloke goalless atm :P

Vinny

Quote from: elephants on April 12, 2014, 10:31:24 AM
Astbury was solid but for reals, I could keep Cloke goalless atm :P
See I told you all, worst player in the AFL.

Ziplock

Quote from: NigeyS on April 12, 2014, 09:35:51 AM
Quote from: Toga on April 12, 2014, 01:36:22 AM
Much in Cotchin's hit?
I don't think there's much in it.

mmm, I could see him being cited for high, intentional and medium impact (because it was behind play and had the potential for injury, it wouldn't be graded as low impact). That'd be like 7 activation points/ a grade 4 offence or 425 points/ 4 matches (3 with an early plea). Ftr- if it was high, that is actually what he should be copping by  the tribunal grading system.

Which would  be brutal... I saw the footage last night, and I thought it was high- what'd you guys think? If it was body contact, it'd probably be only 1 match with an early plea.

nickstiges

Not sure a body punch would be considered high.

Ziplock

Quote from: nickstiges on April 12, 2014, 10:56:12 AM

It looked like he bumped and punched him at the same time. Does anyone have footage?

Kellogscrunchynut

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on April 12, 2014, 11:32:31 AM
Quote from: nickstiges on April 12, 2014, 10:56:12 AM

It looked like he bumped and punched him at the same time. Does anyone have footage?

I don't know what footage you saw but there was no high contact at all.

I think it's a joke if Cotch gets anything for that, they hit each other at the same time, nothing in it.

Ricochet

Here it is. Really not sure whether they'll go after him for that or not

Nige

They literally just showed it on Game Day.

The Game Day folk's (Campbell Brown... he'd know best haha :P) verdict was a reprimand for Cotch.

Toga

The thing I can't understand.... Cotchin and Young ran into each other, it's not like they went after one another.

Nige

Quote from: Toga on April 13, 2014, 10:52:09 AM
The thing I can't understand.... Cotchin and Young ran into each other, it's not like they went after one another.
Yep, exactly.

elephants

Cotch was clearly pretty filthy, I don't think he should get anything but I have a horrible feeling the MRP will give him a week...

CrowsFan

Quote from: elephants on April 13, 2014, 12:14:04 PM
Cotch was clearly pretty filthy, I don't think he should get anything but I have a horrible feeling the MRP will give him a week...
Clearly the MRP have money on Danger to win the Brownlow, but since he's started off poorly they are eliminating the competition so he wins by default. First Rocky, then Fyfe and now Cotchin ;)