Main Menu

Richmond 2014 H&A discussion

Started by quinny88, March 25, 2014, 02:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstiges

Thought Batch & Dea played quite well, leave them in for the rest of the year. A Edwards or Elton in for Vickery, don't think O'Hanlon fits the role that Vickery takes unless the team is restructured them Griff would also come out for two mid-sizers (BOH, Helbig, McIntosh, Arnot take your pick).
Also Conca & Jackson in for Thomas & Lennon most likely.

Anyone heard anything on Knights? Haven't read a thing all year.

Toga

Yeah I really like the way Dea is going about it, the club has persisted with him so I think he's one to keep playing. Looks like we value him as a played and a leader. Didn't see how Batch went so good to hear that he did ok.

Yeah I haven't heard anything at all mate, which is really disappointing. Thought he had a lot to bring to the table for us last year before that terrible injury, he's been listed as "test" on our injury list on and off for a while now but haven't heard anything about him in VFL reports or anything either... Hopefully he can get fit for a few games towards the end of the season.

Vinny

Nige

I really hate to say it, but from what I've read and heard, Knights probably won't be back any time soon.

He was playing such good football and really bring something to the team before such a freak incident struck him down.

I'm not sure whether he'll get a game again this season purely because of his injury history and there's been zero news on him at all.

At this point in time, I'm worried that Chris Knights' career is done. As good as he is, persistent injuries and incredibly terrible luck might spell the end of his time with us and subsequently cut short his career. And that really saddens me, because I'm a fan.

Just not sure if there's a place for him if he's not being featured anywhere.

Quote from: Vinny on June 10, 2014, 11:06:10 PM
All I could find on Knights.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2014-04-30/knights-out-of-the-dark
That was April 30th, we're at June 6th and the guy seems to be a 'test' every week for his knee. That can't be good news.

Jroo

Quote from: nickstiges on June 10, 2014, 10:32:07 PM
Thought Batch & Dea played quite well, leave them in for the rest of the year. A Edwards or Elton in for Vickery, don't think O'Hanlon fits the role that Vickery takes unless the team is restructured them Griff would also come out for two mid-sizers (BOH, Helbig, McIntosh, Arnot take your pick).
Also Conca & Jackson in for Thomas & Lennon most likely.

Anyone heard anything on Knights? Haven't read a thing all year.
Yeah +1, really liked Batch and Dea too.
I'd like to see both Elton and BOH come into our forward line.
Griff might have to go to the VFL.

kilbluff1985

i know it does not really matter but looks good that Miles is named in the 18 on the field

Jroo

Hampson, Grimes, Azza and Newman in.
I love Newy, but he's nearly finished and not best 22. Hampson is useless and BOH should be in, ahead of Azza.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on June 12, 2014, 07:17:12 PM
I love Newy, but he's nearly finished and not best 22. Hampson is useless and BOH should be in, ahead of Azza.
Yeah, mixed feelings.

Not happy with McDonough's omission either.

We'll see if these changes work.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on June 12, 2014, 07:30:04 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on June 12, 2014, 07:17:12 PM
Yeah, mixed feelings.

Not happy with McDonough's omission either.

We'll see if these changes work.
Yep same, weird to drop him.

They probably brought in Hampson, as Maric can't ruck alone against Sandi, Griff and Tyrone are out, so that's not so bad.

Nige

I suppose it was finally time for Griff to be dropped, but I'd like us to persist with him.

nickstiges

Quote from: NigeyS on June 12, 2014, 08:14:58 PM
I suppose it was finally time for Griff to be dropped, but I'd like us to persist with him.

Thought he would be given the chance to play a proper second forward and pinch hit ruck role with Vickery suspended...

Nige

Quote from: nickstiges on June 12, 2014, 08:26:59 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on June 12, 2014, 08:14:58 PM

Thought he would be given the chance to play a proper second forward and pinch hit ruck role with Vickery suspended...
So did I actually, but at the same time... his form's been ordinary the past couple of weeks.

A week in the twos should fire him up and bring him back next week while Ty is still out.

Toga

Az and Hampson in, called it :P

You would think on form/expectations that McDonough would be ahead of Newman right now but I think we will see him off with the rest of the season and he will retire at EOS (although I'm not sure he should be gifted games just for this reason :() Interesting taking Rance, Batch, Chaplin and Grimes all into the game but I guess there's a bit of versatility there so all can play in the one side.

Nige

So now we're in the bottom four after both the Dogs and Dees got up.

Sydney next week as well. :-\

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on June 15, 2014, 07:45:45 PM
So now we're in the bottom four after both the Dogs and Dees got up.

Sydney next week as well. :-\
We're just percentage off the bottom. We could get pick #1  :o :o